The thing I don’t understand about Sprint Burst Users

Why do they focus so much on the fact that Sprint Burst gives them a head start in chases so they can get from their generator to a safe tile?

I run Object all the time and I used to run Spine Chill. Heck sometimes you don’t even need a perk slot to guess the Killer will make a beeline to your gen. If you know the Killer is coming to you, its possible to leave a generator 3-5 seconds early to get to a safe tile. You don’t need an exhaustion perk for that...

Comments

  • If you manage your exhaustion bar well, then you can use it in chase which can really screw over the killer if they have to leave you after they've been chasing for a while. If they decide to commit then you basically get to go to a whole other looping area that can be better than where you're currently at.

    I don't necessarily only use it to get to a safe tile from a gen. It can help with that though. If you want to work until the last second right when the killer walks up to the gen, you can do that too and it won't even cost a health state.

    It's also fun to go 𝘕𝘺𝘰𝘰𝘰𝘰𝘰𝘮.

  • Just because you hear the heartbeat doesnt mean they are coming to your gen. The killer could have a massive tr like doc with monitor and abuse. The killer could be chasing someone else that runs by you. If it's an indoor map like the game, I constantly hear the heartbeat but I am uncertain which floor they are on. SB allows you to work on a gen and if the killer does walk around the corner you can try to get to a safe tile before they land the first blow. If they get a hit before the chase begins then they cut the chase time in half. Besides as a killer, id rather have survivors use SB over DH.

  • Ok and some people don't want to use Object or Spine Chill. Also if you have SB you can afford to spend 3-5 more seconds repairing before running off.

    I'm not sure what you're not understanding here, tbh.

    • Undetectable exists
    • Killers with mobility exist

    Sprint Burst is really powerful if u know to properly abuse it.

    It allows working on really unsafe gens and those that in the open with no windows / pallets. This is extremely important when ur going against 1 shot killers like Bubba for example.

    Getting caught in the open with a Bubba is the worst feeling ever.

    Not mentioning you can 99% it and when the killer gets close, you stop running for 1 sec and run again to activate Sprint Burst. It's not easy to do, but it's definitely not hard....

    Now pair with Vigil & and an experienced Survivor. This is a nightmare.

  • If I have sprint burst I'm gonna try and get it close to 99 and use it mid chase like dead hard for distance but without having to be injured to get the distance

  • Ya if two are on a gen and 1 burst away I'm chasing the other every time as the burst usually gets them to a safe/time wasting area. My favorite SB users are the ones who walk and then as I'm in range for a hit burst away. That works on baby killers there is absolutely no reason a survivor would be walking away from a killer for any other reason so just go full steam ahead and stay right up there as I find it funny they actually lose so much distance that way unless of course you SWING.

  • @gatsby said:

    Why do they focus so much on the fact that Sprint Burst gives them a head start in chases so they can get from their generator to a safe tile?

    I run Object all the time and I used to run Spine Chill. Heck sometimes you don’t even need a perk slot to guess the Killer will make a beeline to your gen. If you know the Killer is coming to you, its possible to leave a generator 3-5 seconds early to get to a safe tile. You don’t need an exhaustion perk for that...

    if there are zero pallets near by your gen. sprint burst is fantastic