I just don't understand balancing. How are balances not in favor of survivors?
When killers ask for there to always be an obsession at the start of the game so the survivors won't know we have obsession perks we get ignored.
But when survivors ask for fthis because they don't use DS anymore but they still want killers to think they have DS. This change happens almost immediately after DS nerf.
Comments
Survivors asked for an obsession in every game since the introduction of obsession mechanic.
there is probably another reason why the devs decided to have an obsession every match. Maybe ask that in the next Q&A (speaking of that, seems a long time since the last one..)
I stand corrected, had no idea this was in 4.7
But every survivor had DS so they didn't need it.
Now DS is nerfed they get what they want
Here's a thought
Maybe if you spent less time trying to make every balance change into killer vs survivor you might enjoy the game more.
No. Not every survivor had DS. And there have been matches without any obsession before. But yeah the majority had it.
survivors still asked for an obsession every match.
Honestly since less people are running DS an obsession base can be an advantage for the killer. I had survivors not realise I was running STBFL until I got a decent amount of stacks cause of base obsession.
This. It works both ways. I've wanted this change for years.
Especially if OP does not understand balancing in the slightest.
@Topic:
This was asked for for years, even when DS was at its strongest. It is not something that got introduced "because Survivors complained" for a few weeks, it was something that was wished for for years.
Let alone that it mostly does not matter for Killer Perks anyway, most Obsession-Perks are pretty obvious and already give Notifciations. Or you simply see them (like STBFL).
What are you talking about?
OP clearly talks about the change that now every match has an obsession regardless of perks and addons
what do you mean there was no in-game news or patch? it came out in patch 4.7.0, alongside the Coldwind graphics change, Demo, Huntress, and Freddy changes, Lucky Break and Object rework.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/281-4-7-0-mid-chapter
Correct, i edited my post, i didn't realize it was changed.