How many people tried Resident Evil because of DBD?

I wonder, who has tried Resident Evil because of this game? Which one? And did you like it? And if you haven't beaten it yet do you like it so far? I'd just like to hear what people think about a franchise I've loved for my entire life. :)

Comments

  • I have tried the remakes before, but I want to try the classic version, but it depends on which games are based for this chapter, the same I want to do with Silent Hill.

  • I first played Resident Evil in October of 1996. There were no voices and I was confused because the characters were gesturing as if there should be. There was sound and music, but no in-game voice. Got another copy of the game, same thing. Strangely it turned out to be my brand new Playstation. Can't explain that one at all.

    Rented Resident Evil again, finally got to hear the voice acting. Thought about getting that first Playstation back.

  • I first played Resident Evil in 1996 as a kid the game was incredibly terrifying to the point where, I never picked it up again, I played the original Re2 but I can't remember if, I beat it but I do remember being afraid of original Mr X T-00 and fighting him specifically, it's strange the most scariest moment would be the alligator part but, I can't really remember facing it or William Birkin,I probably didn't beat it tho and the Remake on gamecube was the first legit re game I finished, I beat Resident Evil 4 also on gamecube, I've played all Resident Evil games except for 5 and 6 because,they looked boring and more action driven ,if I wanted action, I'd just play gears of war or something. I didn't really care for Re4 either to much deviation from the original.

  • I played the re2 and re3 remakes and loved them!

  • I'm looking into it, but I haven't gotten any games yet.

  • @Jarol said:

    I have tried the remakes before, but I want to try the classic version, but it depends on which games are based for this chapter, the same I want to do with Silent Hill.

    I would say to just play the RE games you think look the most interesting to you (imo, RE0 and the RE1 Remaster are the best to play if you're looking for classic RE gameplay). Whatever characters are confirmed for DbD are likely not going to resemble what they're like in the original games whatsoever. Unless you were more curious on what the characters were like story-wise and not gameplay-wise.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2193600#Comment_2193600

    I would say to just play the RE games you think look the most interesting to you (imo, RE0 and the RE1 Remaster are the best to play if you're looking for classic RE gameplay). Whatever characters are confirmed for DbD are likely not going to resemble what they're like in the original games whatsoever. Unless you were more curious on what the characters were like story-wise and not gameplay-wise.

    Yeah RE is one of those things where the characters can fit DBD but like the overall type of gameplay is completely different from what happens in those games gameplay wise.

  • I have watched let’s plays when I was pretty sure it was gonna be RE (after that New Years hint with the Stars)

    i watched RE HD, RE Zero HD, RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake, Code Veroncia and am currently watching RE4.


    i do like to watch these games, like the characters, atmosphere (especially kn the remakes) etc. I tried the demos for both remakes and… the Games are not for me :). I got through the demos easily enough, but the whole resource management and all is not for me..

  • I have only watched part of village and some of biohazard. Never played the game and still got spoiled within the gameplay because I need to watch from resident evil 1 to 6

  • I played Resident Evil 7 and Village. Both are great games but Village was better in my opinion.

  • @Jarol said:

    I have tried the remakes before, but I want to try the classic version, but it depends on which games are based for this chapter, the same I want to do with Silent Hill.

    ur not missing out on the originals, the first 2 game remakes are better than the ogs, the 3rd game is better as the original tho

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2193600#Comment_2193600

    ur not missing out on the originals, the first 2 game remakes are better than the ogs, the 3rd game is better as the original tho

    I tried the RE Revelations demo for the 3ds and then I saw this no face person and it scared the crap outta me. I had nightmares about it though 😥

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2193600#Comment_2193600

    ur not missing out on the originals, the first 2 game remakes are better than the ogs, the 3rd game is better as the original tho

    They are better but there is some "cut content". Some monsters don't appear anymore in remakes (my beloved Giant Moth, which will be the new dbd killer) and you no longer go around rooms hugging walls and spamming that X or Square button (forgot which one was the action one on PS1, probably X).

  • No, I started with the original Resident Evil back in 1996...but DBD did influence me to watch Stranger Things.