I wish there was a way to play worse killers/perks without the same 4 perks on all survivors

Like I try to just play a fun game of mirror myers but nah coldwind offering, 4 SB BT Adrenaline UB. I wish there was like a casual mode or something cause people seem to care way too much about just winning every game.

Comments

  • Scratched mirror Myers requires a map offering to be effective. So much so that it is worth force closing your game on the load if you see a an offering that contradicts yours.

    I'm curious how a casual mode would work, would it just be no perks/items/addons? How would you make a casual mode that would allow you to play for fun this way but only allowing what you think is fun and not others? What would stop survivors from bringing meta perks into a casual mode that wouldn't also prevent a killer? What would stop players from playing seriously there? I'm not sure it'd be possible without restrictions that would end up making the gamemode simply unplayable in general.

  • Just have the ones responsible for rank reset revamp the perk UI before a match starts.

    Instant perk-roulette mode - fun for all!

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Like I try to just play a fun game of mirror myers but nah coldwind offering, 4 SB BT Adrenaline UB. I wish there was like a casual mode or something cause people seem to care way too much about just winning every game.

    It’s not like they know you’re playing a meme build before the match and are running good perks to spite you, they’re gonna assume you’re trying your hardest to win like most people do. I would recommend not running meme builds if you get upset when they cause you to lose.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Scratched mirror Myers requires a map offering to be effective. So much so that it is worth force closing your game on the load if you see a an offering that contradicts yours.

    I'm curious how a casual mode would work, would it just be no perks/items/addons? How would you make a casual mode that would allow you to play for fun this way but only allowing what you think is fun and not others? What would stop survivors from bringing meta perks into a casual mode that wouldn't also prevent a killer? What would stop players from playing seriously there? I'm not sure it'd be possible without restrictions that would end up making the gamemode simply unplayable in general.

    Honestly just a mode without ranks cause even though DBD ranks dont mena much people seem to really care about being rank 1.

  • That's the same with me as a survivor. I want to use different builds to try and have fun but the with the way how killers play and their perks and addons they bring I can't change it in order to have a chance.

    So I guess In some way I understand.

  • A mode without ranks would be something that could work, but I feel like you'd just have people playing it with all of their meta perks, items, and addons all the same because the games would be easier. So you'd end up with the same results but longer queue times.


  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250249/i-wish-there-was-a-way-to-play-worse-killers-perks-without-the-same-4-perks-on-all-survivors

    It’s not like they know you’re playing a meme build before the match and are running good perks to spite you, they’re gonna assume you’re trying your hardest to win like most people do. I would recommend not running meme builds if you get upset when they cause you to lose.

    Yeah but they always have the most toxic attitude. I brought BPS with backpack mirror myers and they say GG ez noob killer in the endgame chat.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250249/i-wish-there-was-a-way-to-play-worse-killers-perks-without-the-same-4-perks-on-all-survivors

    It’s not like they know you’re playing a meme build before the match and are running good perks to spite you, they’re gonna assume you’re trying your hardest to win like most people do. I would recommend not running meme builds if you get upset when they cause you to lose.

    This. It is important that you don't have the mindset "I wanna win this match". I try often different builds and do not care about the outcome. And sometimes I even win these matches because not all survivor are sweaty Rank 1 SWFs like many people think. Sometimes they just wanna head on you. And don't care about gens for second.

  • Good job that it's very rare that all 4 survivors are running the same meta stuff.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250249/i-wish-there-was-a-way-to-play-worse-killers-perks-without-the-same-4-perks-on-all-survivors

    It’s not like they know you’re playing a meme build before the match and are running good perks to spite you, they’re gonna assume you’re trying your hardest to win like most people do. I would recommend not running meme builds if you get upset when they cause you to lose.

    I dont expect to win but I at least expect I wont have to wait for 4 deadhards and get bodyblocked by people with BT so much. Like I dont really mind losing its more I just get bored of every chase with the 4 survivors being identical except for different voices moaning and different models.