what are the chances?

after work last night I decided to play a few matches before bed. I played seven matches and they were all bubbas and none were the same player. I got really bored towards the end so I decided to go to bed and play again the next morning.

5 matches in, guess which killer it was?

that's right.

it was bubba.

it was all bubba.

I will hear his chainsaw in my nightmares.

help me.

Comments

  • i guess you got you very unlucky

  • Bubba loves you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wait it's all Bubba?

    always has been

  • its bubba all the way down

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My maths isn't exactly what it use to be especially probability & all that but if I worked it out right

    Getting the same killer out of a selection of 23 12 games in a row is between 0.5 & 0.6%

    Of course those results are futher changed if you take in killer choice popularity where certain killers are way more likely to be chosen than others but on a basic level its pretty much 0.5% or someone with an actual degree in math will come along & explain it much better.

    That's somewhat right although the odds are way less, the odds of something 1/23 happening two times in a row is already about 0.19% I think, although it wouldn't be out of 23 because not every player has purchased Bubba, but this should actually make it less likely I think, even if lots have purchased him for BBQ because there's a good chance they don't actually use him.

    So yea the chances should be incredibly low, but then due to the nature of probability it's not just possible but in a way inevitable that someone will get a run of loads of games against the same killer.

    Still OP has been crazily unlucky, I rarely see Bubba at all, suppose rank also comes into play.

  • @MintberryCrunch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192066#Comment_2192066

    That's basically right I think, although it wouldn't be out of 23 because not every player has purchased Bubba, but this should actually make it less likely I think, even if lots have purchased him for BBQ because there's a good chance they don't actually use him.

    So yea the chances should be incredibly low, but then due to the nature of probability it's not just possible but in a way inevitable that someone will get a run of loads of games against the same killer.

    Still OP has been crazily unlucky, I rarely see Bubba at all, suppose rank also comes into play.

    its all bubba now

    image.png


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My maths isn't exactly what it use to be especially probability & all that but if I worked it out right

    Getting the same killer out of a selection of 23 12 games in a row is between 0.5 & 0.6%

    Of course those results are futher changed if you take in killer choice popularity where certain killers are way more likely to be chosen than others but on a basic level its pretty much 0.5% or someone with an actual degree in math will come along & explain it much better.

    That's basically right though the odds would be way lower, the chances of facing something 1/23 twice is already 0.19% I think, although it wouldn't be out of 23 because not every player has purchased Bubba, but this should actually make it less likely I think, even if lots have purchased him for BBQ because there's a good chance they don't actually use him.

    So yea the chances should be incredibly low, but then due to the nature of probability it's not just possible but in a way inevitable that someone will get a run of loads of games against the same killer.

    Still OP has been crazily unlucky, I rarely see Bubba at all, suppose rank also comes into play.


    My original post disappeared whilst editing.

  • @MintberryCrunch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192066#Comment_2192066

    That's basically right though the odds would be way lower, the chances of facing something 1/23 twice is already 0.19% I think, although it wouldn't be out of 23 because not every player has purchased Bubba, but this should actually make it less likely I think, even if lots have purchased him for BBQ because there's a good chance they don't actually use him.

    So yea the chances should be incredibly low, but then due to the nature of probability it's not just possible but in a way inevitable that someone will get a run of loads of games against the same killer.

    Still OP has been crazily unlucky, I rarely see Bubba at all, suppose rank also comes into play.

    My original post disappeared whilst editing.

    i wouldn't even say the chances are even based on the roster size. different ranks straight up just have different killers. if op is a purple rank, then bubba's way more likely than 1/23.

  • @deckyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192126#Comment_2192126

    i wouldn't even say the chances are even based on the roster size. different ranks straight up just have different killers. if op is a purple rank, then bubba's way more likely than 1/23.

    the resent buggy rank reset put me from rank 1 to rank 2 but all my matches have been with rank 4-8 killers with rank 15+ teammates

    this is all I see now when I close my eyes

    image.png


  • So wait you’ve gotten 12 straight Bubba games in a row?

  • @GannTM said:

    So wait you’ve gotten 12 straight Bubba games in a row?

    yes and then I got a camping iri head huntress.

  • The council of Booba awaits you.

    And no, I mean Bubba, I call him Booba. Stop being dirty minded.

  • @MrDardon said:

    The council of Booba awaits you.

    And no, I mean Bubba, I call him Booba. Stop being dirty minded.

    image.png

    Booba "Chad" Sawyer