What ideas would be good to buff solo queue?

I know a totem counter is one that I would like to see implemented and I even pitched my own idea.

But what are some other ways we should buff solo queue?

Comments

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189176#Comment_2189176

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189279#Comment_2189279

    I guess that makes sense, but BHVR has failed every time they have tried to implement some sort of mmr system. They also don't even tell us what it measures as skill either.

    matchmakings just bad. its supposed to be rank based but then you have rank 20's going against rank 1's.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189306#Comment_2189306

    matchmakings just bad. its supposed to be rank based but then you have rank 20's going against rank 1's.

    That's a separate issue.

    Matchmaking could be perfect, but at the end of the day SWF get an extra information advantage with comms that solos do not.

    What difference does it make if two rank 1 solos get paired together but one of them is unaware that the other has For the People and immediately runs away from the hook without getting healed by it?

    SWF doesn't have this issue. "Hold still when I unhook you so I can heal you with For the People."

  • Ping commands to other survivors.

    "I'm getting the save."

    "I cannot go for the save."

    "I'm in chase."

    "Killer missing"

    Stuff like that. That's the only way to bridge the gap between SWF / Solo.


    @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190275#Comment_2190275

    That's a separate issue.

    Matchmaking could be perfect, but at the end of the day SWF get an extra information advantage with comms that solos do not.

    What difference does it make if two rank 1 solos get paired together but one of them is unaware that the other has For the People and immediately runs away from the hook without getting healed by it?

    SWF doesn't have this issue. "Hold still when I unhook you so I can heal you with For the People."

    Well said. That's exactly the advantage swf teams gets. Naturally some pings are the only solution for solo q to be relevent.

  • Just one, fix the matchmaking, so at rank one i will not see someone going into a corner and heal with self care leaving me on the hook dying.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Though a little tricky to implement:

    the ability to jump into ongoing matches if someone dcs.

  • maybe they could stop putting things that would only benefit a solo survivor on perks? just a thought.

  • @Andokuky said:

    I solo queue and for basically everything people list that they want buffed, I just run perks for. I know where all totems are as we do gens and how many are left, thanks to a perk. I know where everyone is while someone is hooked, so I know whether to stay on a gen or go for the save, thanks to a perk. I'm not an amazing survivor but I escape a lot and hit rank one every month. If I can do it, why can't others? Survivor is already so ez, why does it need to be even easier?

    Ok, so lets say they add a chase UI element for every survivor. How do you buff killers to compensate?

    Ok, there's going to be basekit Kindred. Now every survivor knows where other survivors are while someone is on a hook. Everyone knows they can keep hammering gens while someone goes for the save. How do you buff killers to compensate?

    All this is doing is making gen rush even easier and leaving killers with even less room for error or counter play. Why in the world would I ever play Trapper or Wraith or Clown or Deathslinger or Demo or Hag or Pig or Ghostface or Plague or Oni or Twins or Trickster or Doctor or Mikey or Huntress or Legion or Pyramid again, LOL

    The devs will never adress gen rush as long as the solo-SWF gap exists. They're afraid of hurting solos too much. But if the gap was closed we would see changes on that front.

1 2 ›