About the gnome event

Okay, we all know it's live, whether on purpose or accident (as there's been no announcement?), so, feedback time:


Having the gnome only appear during egc is absurd.

The crowns from the 4th anniversary were better handled. If you think helping people get their crowns is somehow doing you serious harm because it loses you a pip, please do uninstall the game and get help.

Back to the gnomes:

Having the search time be limited to egc is not a good move, even though you only need to find the gnome once for all characters:

whether you play killer or survivor, especially survivor, the egc is too short to scour the maps for something that has no indicator (thesound it plays when it appears gives no hint to where it is) AND get out alive as survivor.


I really hope they'll have the 5th anniversary cosmetic function like the crowns again, those matches where fun.

Comments

  • I would also like to point out that this event promotes a slugging play style because if someone is slugged the egc timer is slowed. So get to egc, NOED everyone and search for the Gnome while the survivors bleed out. Good call devs Good call. Im a killer main and I don't like to slug even for a 4K and I sure as ######### don't want to slug for a charm.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    I would also like to point out that this event promotes a slugging play style because if someone is slugged the egc timer is slowed. So get to egc, NOED everyone and search for the Gnome while the survivors bleed out. Good call devs Good call. Im a killer main and I don't like to slug even for a 4K and I sure as ######### don't want to slug for a charm.

    and in general it is frustrating cause you are so at the mercy of 'the other side'.

    Play as killer and you have to pray the survivors don't just run out the gates and give you the time to search the maps (especially 'fun' with slower killers) (so yeah, this really encourages slugging, wth)

    Play as survivor and you gotta hope the killer lets you live AND search for the gnome AND let you out

  • Yes I would love a different type of crown for the 5th anniversary, i agree that the crowns were well designed.

  • @MeltingPenguins Just to add. I did not however use the NOED strat...I just double windstorm Wraith and ran around one of the smaller maps looking. I got lucky because the survivors didn't run right out of the gate.

  • Thank god I stream sniped a guy's ttv after he stayed during the EGC. He mentioned the gnome and I was like oh ######### yeah.

    And I proceeded to find and steal the gnome from him :p

  • Wait, there's an event going on right now?

  • Slugging from ambitious killers aside, I love the event in End Game Collapse.

    Because I don't always reach ECG, I don't feel overwhelmed by the presence of the event itself. When I do reach ECG, I often find myself in a position where I'll hunt for the gnome for fun even though I already have it.

    Granted, me prolonging games just to satisfy my desire to kick a diminutive garden ornament for funsies might not be considered healthy to the overall experience. Still, I can't resist the urge - maybe it's a bad idea after all? But it's so addicting...

    Okay, I'm conflicted.

  • While EGC being time limited to getting the gnome is rough I do think it's good that players aren't spending the match looking for a gnome instead of playing normal.

    I like that you only need to find it once to unlock on everyone. The worst part about the crowns was that there were killers tunneling people out that found a crown. I was facecamped multiple matches by glowing killers that saw I was glowing and wanted to prevent atleast one survivor from getting a crown. I don't like either side being able to prevent the other from completing events.

    Only needing to find it once, and at end game, stops the issue of survivors completing event item mid match then quitting to move on to next to get it for next survivor.

    I do think the gnome needs to emit a sound as you get closer just like the crowns or glyphs do. Start hearing it laughing as you get closer would be great. I think if there was audio queue to help with locating the gnomes looking for them during EGC wouldn't be so bad.

  • What didgeridoo are you guys smoking? My friend and I got our charms the first 2 matches we got to end game collapse back to back.

    Why on Earth is your butthole SO clenched for a simple challenge??? Why are you taking the match SO seriously?????

    My friend and I went into the match prepared to die by the entity just to have a fun scavenger hunt.

    I cannot believe some of the people that get so butthurt about this game that they feel the need to go to feedback forum to say something as trivial as this.

    Miserable people man... lighten up

  • For everyone saying that it's 'good' that it happens during egc because that way players continue to play 'normal'...

    What exactly will happen if you lose a pip? I'm really curious, because so many ideas for being less toxic etc are getting smacked down with arguments that boil down to 'i don't wanna lose a pip, losing pip = bad', and I wonder why you are so mortally scared of that.