Returning after hiatus - Questions!
Hey everyone! I've been away since about September of '20 and returned to find so much new content! I'm super excited! That being said I've got a few (probably obvious/basic) questions that I'd super appreciate anyone taking the time to answer.
- What's the best way to counter Blight? In playing today he was the most challenging of the new killers that I encountered (and admittedly the most frequent). Is his playstyle mostly centered around speed/charging?
- Killers - how do you play Trickster? I've only gone against two of him and he seemed to be played a lot like Huntress but slightly speedier. What tricks does Trickster have?
- Graphics upgrades - I've seen some news about those rolling out (Coldwind Farms looks beautiful now, great job, devs!) but I've not been able to find anything about frequency or a schedule. I'm dying to see new Kate!
- I've got cross-platform on, are console gamers going against PC gamers now? The wait times were non-existent today which was so nice to return to!
Thank you anyone who takes the time to read/respond to these questions. I've a sea of new things to go through so having some of these answered will be such a big help. Happy gaming! <3
Comments
1 Blight is countered by gen rushing and being unpredictable... usually you have to hug the wall / flare out just to avoid his power.
2 Nobody plays Depipster..
3 It's every 3 months i do believe,
4 every console goes against pc =D
When i face blight i loop him like any other killer the strengh of this killer is when you transition to another loop what i do is jump most of tge window i see and hope for the best until i reach a new loop.
I mostly played trikster on the ptb my experience with him was horrible he was really weak cause of that i did not buy him now i heard he is better but he is still in the top 5 worst killer if i follow the post i saw imagine having to hit 8 shot with deathslinger but you lose progress if you did not hit the guy with your blade in the last 10 or 12 sec cant remember the exact number.
The wait time depend on the time you play and if you are in a swf or not but yes cross play is up now this help a lot during the night. Dont mistake the crossplay feature with the cross progression let say you played on ps4 and want to swich on pc you will need to restart and buy everything from the scratch my friend did this mistake that why i tell you this.
Overall the game is better but just like the last time you played the meta did not change much its practically the same at least in my opinion exept now killer use ruin more and survivor use DS less.
Thank you for your response! That's a shame about Trickster!
I appreciate you responding! That's good to know that playing against him is about the same as every other Killer. Loop your loops, try to outlast.
What made Survivors stop using Decisive Strike? Is there a Killer counter now or is there just a new meta Survivor perk to counter camping/tunneling?
Good luck in the fog my friend :D
Thanks for your post!
So only the main 4 survivors are getting visual updates, not the entire cast? That's so disappointing if true! I was hoping it would be all maps and all Survivors/Killers. And selfishly I was hoping that Kate would be soon. Haha
The cross-platform bit makes sense as to why Huntress was suddenly so prominent and also so deadly. Not that I'm complaining! I just wondered why there was a sudden surge of pro-ranged players. I'm also (obviously) very rusty so I was just eating axes left and right. ๐
Who knows? Maybe the other guys will get a visual update. And yeah Huntress is quite tough lol
I really appreciate your thorough answer, this helped quite a lot!
He's faster than hillbilly.
your best bet is to fake alot of windows and hope to god he mindgames himself,
Blight's charges automatically recharge over time after his Rush ends. He can't use his power again until he regenerates all of his charges, hence why his recharge is longer when he uses more of them in one go. He can regain all of his charges instantly following a successful Rush Attack when using his purple Alchemist Ring add-on.
And yeah, Blight must Slam off of at least one object before he can use an attack during a following Rush. Attacking (whether it hits or a misses) ends the Rush.
And because I'm realizing it might be helpful to add context for those two Blight terms I was using:
-Rush = The quick sprint forward that Blight does after pressing the power button. Each use of Rush consumes a charge.
-Slam = When Blight crashes into an object and bounces backwards slightly. He can then press the power button again to do another Rush (unless he's run out of charges). This is part that makes him seem like a big angry pinball.
Thank you so much! I feel like I actually understand the Blight quite a bit now. It seems like cluttered maps and wide open ones will put him at a disadvantage while indoor maps and small maps play to his strength.
Against Blight you use short loops against him, such as filler pallets, path pallets and junk tiles.
Trickter has no tricks. He just walks at you without any mindgames and you go down rather quickly no matter what you do. Fortunately, most people don't know this and so most Tricksters try to go for fancy nonsense and waste their own time.
Do you think Trickster is good then? The general consensus I'm seeing is that he's one of the bottom tier killers, down with Legion and Clown. (I always liked Legion, but I also am a Survivor main and barely ever played Killer)
He's okay. His one-on-one chase is kind of like if Deathslinger had a little more counterplay. Mostly people call him weak because most people genuinely don't want to mindlessly hold W at people while also having to be very good at landing knives. It's a wierd mix of high mechanical skill and just completely switching your brain off.
you are welcome ^^