Hillbilly Add On Pass - Steel Eyed

Developers - Please consider the following changes to Hillbilly's addons:

  1. Pighouse Gloves - During a Chainsaw Sprint, the moment The Hillbilly comes within 16 meters of a Survivor who is repairing or healing, trigger a tremendously difficult Skill Check for that Survivor. (Notes: same as Blight's Soul Chemical)
  2. Spiked Boots - Tremendously increases steering while using the Chainsaw. (Notes: Slightly decrease the steering bonus; remove the time penalty from bumping objects)
  3. Tuned Carburetor - Considerably decreases chainsaw charge time (reduce from 20% to 12%). Moderately increase overheat from actively revving the chainsaw. (Notes: Increases from eight charges per second to ten charges per second OR +2 charges per second from actively revving)
  4. Black Grease - Considerably increases steering while using the Chainsaw. (Notes: Black Grease combined with Spiked Boots would now give the same steering bonus that the previous Spiked Boots + Dad's Boots addons gave but higher rarity cost)
  5. Mother's Helpers - Moderately decreases chainsaw charge time (reduce from 12% to 10%). Moderately increase overheat from actively revving the chainsaw. (from eight charges per second to ten charges per second OR +2 charges per second from actively revving)
  6. Big Buckle - Decreases Terror Radius by four meters during Chainsaw Sprint.
  7. Punctured Muffler - Slightly decreases chainsaw charge time (8%). Moderately increase overheat from actively revving the chainsaw. (from eight charges per second to ten charges per second OR +2 charges per second from actively revving)
  8. Junkyard Air Filter - Slightly increases steering while using the Chainsaw. (Notes: Junkyard Air Filter combined with Dad's Boots would now give the same steering bonus as Black Grease)
  9. Speed Limiter - Continue a Chainsaw Sprint after breaking a Pallet or Breakable Wall. Survivors hit with the Chainsaw are damaged for a single Health State. Get 150 more bloodpoints for Chainsaw Hit score events. (Notes: original LoPro Chains addon)
  • Revert Patch 4.1.2 which "Decreased the base heat dissipation rate from -5 charges/second to -3.5 charges/second". Increase base heat dissipation back to -5 charges/second.


These recommended changes keep in the spirit of Hillbilly's rework. This provides: a better penalty for (reduced) charge time addons, more steering addons, a more favorable balance to 'crack Billy' builds, more silent Billy options, a second LoPro, and above all: more fun for Hillbilly players.

Thank you for reading.

@Almo

Comments

  • Mother’s helpers are actually fine imo.

    Id change engravings to reduce heat cost when revving to offset the increased Rev time too

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Mother’s helpers are actually fine imo.

    Id change engravings to reduce heat cost when revving to offset the increased Rev time too

    How do you feel about the other eight add on changes?

    Would you want all charge time addons to work like Mother’s Helpers? I think overheat penalties are better because it would slow down the potential snowball that charge time addons can give. Maybe even a 25% increase in overheat upon downing a survivor with charge time addons (like Oni).

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2186838#Comment_2186838

    How do you feel about the other eight add on changes?

    Would you want all charge time addons to work like Mother’s Helpers? I think overheat penalties are better because it would slow down the potential snowball that charge time addons can give. Maybe even a 25% increase in overheat upon downing a survivor with charge time addons (like Oni).

    Firstly the patch revert is great!

    Charge time is a hard one since that’s what caused all his problems in the first place. An overheat penalty on down is fine.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187115#Comment_2187115

    Firstly the patch revert is great!

    Charge time is a hard one since that’s what caused all his problems in the first place. An overheat penalty on down is fine.

    I think the patch revert would be good too and would open up those addon slots to builds that players already enjoy. I’m a big fan of the turn speed addons. I would really like to see more of them.

    The new Pighouse and new Big Buckle would make great additions to Silent Billy builds.

    If the chainsaw rapidly overheats on a successful down, it limits the snowball which is what made chargetime so negative. Not necessarily the 1v1 which many players are missing and opens up reasonable ‘Crack’ Billy options.

    What do you think about new Speed Limiter?

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187158#Comment_2187158

    I think the patch revert would be good too and would open up those addon slots to builds that players already enjoy. I’m a big fan of the turn speed addons. I would really like to see more of them.

    The new Pighouse and new Big Buckle would make great additions to Silent Billy builds.

    If the chainsaw rapidly overheats on a successful down, it limits the snowball which is what made chargetime so negative. Not necessarily the 1v1 which many players are missing and opens up reasonable ‘Crack’ Billy options.

    What do you think about new Speed Limiter?

    Pig house gloves would be gimmicky and fun and the big buckle would be kinda bad

    While snowball was an issue the charge time was a problem due to backrveving. Also it would reduce his overheat gained by revving since he wouldn’t have to rev as long.

    Speed limiter is interesting but I actually like current lopro chains a lot. Speed limiter is a meme and I’m fine with that

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187205#Comment_2187205

    Pig house gloves would be gimmicky and fun and the big buckle would be kinda bad

    While snowball was an issue the charge time was a problem due to backrveving. Also it would reduce his overheat gained by revving since he wouldn’t have to rev as long.

    Speed limiter is interesting but I actually like current lopro chains a lot. Speed limiter is a meme and I’m fine with that

    Agreed on all points.

    The gimmick with Pighouse is if approached silently, the survivor is stuck to the gen during the skillcheck (which makes them a sitting duck) or fails (which leaves in the fail animation, making them a sitting duck). It’s doubly difficult to hit because of the approaching killer. I could see it being used effectively in multiple variations of the Silent Billy builds.

    Big buckle has to be small because it would be likely stacked with M&A by killers. Agreed kinda bad but even at four or six meters, it would see far more use than the current BB, and would stack solidly with the yellow addons that makes the chainsaw noise quieter or the yellow engravings (less time to react).

    Speed limiter gives Billies more chances to practice with a limited lopro addon. I could see players wanting to practice it more with this addon.

  • Wait, what does the patch revert affect? I'm confused.

    Other than that, these are some nice changes.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Wait, what does the patch revert affect? I'm confused.

    Other than that, these are some nice changes.

    Thank you. I think this would be a great change for Hillbillys and increase his number of fun addons (his biggest problem).

    The revert patch would affect Hillbilly’s base heat dissipation back to his initial release. After the PTB they increase his heat dissipation to 5.0 charges/sec. Patch 4.1.2 decreased it to 3.5 charges/sec; which is what it was during the PTB.

    My recommendation is to increase it back to 5.0 charges base (revert patch 4.1.2) and rework all overheat related addons into more fun addons.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Mother’s helpers are actually fine imo.

    Id change engravings to reduce heat cost when revving to offset the increased Rev time too

    I was thinking about your second sentence. Engravings would not need a heat reduction if the Hillbilly line from Patch 4.1.2 is reverted as heat dissipation would be much improved.

  • I'd be wary about decreasing charge time outside of Mother's Helpers, tbh. There's a reason these add-ons got changed.

    Mother's helpers is great, but the Carburator currently isn't worth it...I think it just needs to have a new effect altogether.

  • @SunderMun said:

    I'd be wary about decreasing charge time outside of Mother's Helpers, tbh. There's a reason these add-ons got changed.

    Mother's helpers is great, but the Carburator currently isn't worth it...I think it just needs to have a new effect altogether.

    I agree, there's quite a few addons of Hillbilly's that aren't worth it. I think they should increase the number of good addons and make more rarity types for some groups. How do you feel about making four turn speed addons?

  • Wait, #########, are we re-nerfing Billy again? Automatically bad.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Wait, #########, are we re-nerfing Billy again? Automatically bad.

    What? What's the re-nerf?

  • Okay, I’m confused. That’s my mistake, I read the hear dissipation part wrong.

    Side note: I know Speed Limiter is a meme add-on but why not just buff Lopro Chains instead? Have it so that the initial turning rate gets reset when hitting a pallet or breakable wall so that it’s as if Billy just began sprinting when hitting them, and also maybe have it apply Deep Wound?

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192747#Comment_2192747

    Okay, I’m confused. That’s my mistake, I read the hear dissipation part wrong.

    Side note: I know Speed Limiter is a meme add-on but why not just buff Lopro Chains instead? Have it so that the initial turning rate gets reset when hitting a pallet or breakable wall so that it’s as if Billy just began sprinting when hitting them, and also maybe have it apply Deep Wound?

    I hadn't thought about buffing Lopro further. My main 'buff' I would like to see is time indicators for how long the perk works or penalty lasts so the Hillbilly knows when Lopro no longer damages for a single health state.

    My thought was the Speed Limiter could remain a meme addon but with the ability to practice Lopro with a worse, cheaper version.

  • The big buckle is even worse now. Consider changing it to reduce your terror radius by 16 meters when the chainsaw is overheated.

  • @Yords said:

    The big buckle is even worse now. Consider changing it to reduce your terror radius by 16 meters when the chainsaw is overheated.

    It's supposed to be a worse version of the iridescent that makes him undetectable. Just a beat longer of not knowing the Hillbilly is coming (via terror radius). Plus, being a yellow it shouldn't have a huge amount of impact; with the yellow engravings, it could be a nice surprise combo of speed and silent Billy addons.

    Big Buckle isn't a good perk imo. Billy's shouldn't be overheating much anyways and it's actually a pain to get there with the number of revvs it needs. I play with it sometimes and the handful of seconds you get just doesn't make an m1 Billy feel all that great.

  • I’ve rethought Pighouse Gloves and a third Engravings option sounds better:

    Hillbilly with Pighouse Gloves gets the benefit of the yellow engravings (chainsaw movement speed increase) with no charge time penalty.

  • Can we get a addon like

    35% dash speed increase

    25% turn rate increase

    Heat is reset on hit

    +7 overheat charges when dashing

    If the hillbilly hits it can continue if it misses the chainsaw will go on cooldown

  • @CLB198 said:

    Can we get a addon like

    35% dash speed increase

    25% turn rate increase

    Heat is reset on hit

    +7 overheat charges when dashing

    If the hillbilly hits it can continue if it misses the chainsaw will go on cooldown

    Ah, the new legendary addon 😍

  • Leafy mash could updated to be a better version of the proposed Big Buckle change. Reduce terror radius by eight meters while chainsaw sprinting.

    Both could be combined for a smaller chainsaw terror radius, or combined with turn speed to keep survivors guessing where the killers at while navigating.

    OR combined with an engravings addon so the survivors are hit before they know what’s coming.