Trickster is painful to play 😔

I absolutely love the new update and killer added and the perks that came with them. However does anyone feel like playing as the trickster has been incredibly painful???

  1. He moves almost as slow as a tier I Michael Myers lol, I really feel like he should be faster in mobile as it’s been incredibly painful to chase and chase…and chase survivors.
  2. The aiming UI is alittle tricky, it does not feel mobile friendly yet. It keeps moving up, it’s ridiculously easy to evade and with the added slow speed it’s not really giving the killer much of an edge. Your unfortunately better off just running after them.

I feeel like I’m not crazy but does anyone else agree ???

Comments

  • Painful to play and play against ugh.

    I think he's a lackluster killer with a lackluster concept and a look that really doesn't fit with the game aesthetic.

  • @MisterMittens said:

    I absolutely love the new update and killer added and the perks that came with them. However does anyone feel like playing as the trickster has been incredibly painful???

    1. He moves almost as slow as a tier I Michael Myers lol, I really feel like he should be faster in mobile as it’s been incredibly painful to chase and chase…and chase survivors.
    2. The aiming UI is alittle tricky, it does not feel mobile friendly yet. It keeps moving up, it’s ridiculously easy to evade and with the added slow speed it’s not really giving the killer much of an edge. Your unfortunately better off just running after them.

    I feeel like I’m not crazy but does anyone else agree ???

    Don't play Trickster to win I play him to get certain challenges done like chase survivors for x amount of seconds or using x perk kill x amount of survivors it adds to challenge and wields fun

  • @pseudechis said:

    Painful to play and play against ugh.

    I think he's a lackluster killer with a lackluster concept and a look that really doesn't fit with the game aesthetic.

    IMG_20210405_195709.jpg

    You mean you don't find this scary? 😂 In all seriousness though, this is the least scariest killer out of the bunch. It would have been cool to get an all neon map though.

  • The one good thing about tricky is that he inspired me to go back to nurse. At least she's worth the effort and frustration.

  • I don't know how to explain it, but I like playing him. Do I get beaten up? Yes. Do I feel helpless most of the time? Yes. But spamming knives is kinda satisfying. I also like all the shenanigans that come with him (like his laugh).

  • Survivor main here who has been gone from the game for 8 months!

    What makes the Trickster difficult to play? I've not gone against him more than twice so far since my return (a shame!) so I've not gotten to interact with anyone playing him very much. Is he really Michael slow? He felt more Legion in a chase but that could be because of how rusty I am.

    He's the one Killer I've been tempted to try and learn to play as just because of his backstory and how unique his appearance is. It's a matter of preference, definitely, but I actually kind of love the neon flamboyance of his design. It is a visually interesting contrast between the rest of the Killers for sure! 😊

  • @Kate_Main_01 said:

    Survivor main here who has been gone from the game for 8 months!

    What makes the Trickster difficult to play? I've not gone against him more than twice so far since my return (a shame!) so I've not gotten to interact with anyone playing him very much. Is he really Michael slow? He felt more Legion in a chase but that could be because of how rusty I am.

    He's the one Killer I've been tempted to try and learn to play as just because of his backstory and how unique his appearance is. It's a matter of preference, definitely, but I actually kind of love the neon flamboyance of his design. It is a visually interesting contrast between the rest of the Killers for sure! 😊

    Trickster is difficult to play because his power can easily be countered by good survivors and because of that you'll need to play damn near perfectly otherwise you'll lose gens real fast. His main event can be gimped by running around a little rock. When he holds his knives and throws them he moves slower than the survivors and once he starts throwing a bunch of knives he slows down a bit more. And the reason why he feels like legion is because he has all the same design flaws as legion, really underpowered power that downs you no matter how skillful you are and more.

    If you want to play him, be warned, he is arguably the second weakest Killer in the game. If you care about winning, then avoid him at all costs but if you just wanna have some fun then he's pretty good at that.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2186042#Comment_2186042

    Trickster is difficult to play because his power can easily be countered by good survivors and because of that you'll need to play damn near perfectly otherwise you'll lose gens real fast. His main event can be gimped by running around a little rock. When he holds his knives and throws them he moves slower than the survivors and once he starts throwing a bunch of knives he slows down a bit more. And the reason why he feels like legion is because he has all the same design flaws as legion, really underpowered power that downs you no matter how skillful you are and more.

    If you want to play him, be warned, he is arguably the second weakest Killer in the game. If you care about winning, then avoid him at all costs but if you just wanna have some fun then he's pretty good at that.

    That's a real shame that he doesn't play with the speed of Legion but the threat of Huntress. When I saw him that is honestly what I was expecting - a faster and more agile (better?) Huntress.

    I'm a Survivor main and have never been good at Killer. Legion is who I used to play when I did feel like trying Killer and that was purely for fun so maybe Trickster will at least be entertaining. Thank you for taking the time to explain his weaknesses - hopefully the devs improve him and make him a viable Killer!