Has anyone else been noticing an increase in players VPNing to other regions?

Title says it, but I've been playing DBD and a lot of players, both killer and survivor I've been noticing are not from my region when I check their steam page, mostly because they seem very laggy.

I've gotten a Korean Spirit, a Jake from Spain, a Bolivian Demogorgon, Russian Claudette, and plenty of others.

What's the most bizarre one anyone else has seen? For reference, I'm in Michigan, so I get one of the NA Regions.

Comments

  • Not lately. I had one Streamer from China as Killer lately, but thats it. A few months ago, I ran into the same Chinese VPNer 3 days in a row. Was not really a nice experience, even a early dropped Pallet still resulted in a Hit 2 seconds later.

    But even this was an exception.

  • You son of a ######### you're on the forums as well


    But no i've not seen any vpn gamers ever in this game

  • They are not necessarily VPN users. It might be the matchmaking expanding it's search for other players to different regions.

    Why am I convinced by that? Because I've had several matches both as killer and survivor, where my ping in the lobby was 100. Usually it's 50. Then during the match I noticed that the other players had pings of up to 200. After the match it turned out, that they played from a different continent. No vpn used.

  • @Tsulan said:

    They are not necessarily VPN users. It might be the matchmaking expanding it's search for other players to different regions.

    Why am I convinced by that? Because I've had several matches both as killer and survivor, where my ping in the lobby was 100. Usually it's 50. Then during the match I noticed that the other players had pings of up to 200. After the match it turned out, that they played from a different continent. No vpn used.

    Yeah, that's probably more likely the case, but I feel like I'm getting players from every region at random, and sometimes it feels like it is more VPN as my ping is usually in the 50s even mid-game, but somethings just feel off.

  • I have. I keep getting people from damn Peru who hit me from like 10 steps away from a T-Wall. Like no joke. It's really frustrating.

  • I kept getting people from South Africa the other day (I'm in Scotland)