Dbd! Needs this in gameplay

DBD Needs a surrender button for Survivors and hunters so we can play another matchs quicker than waiting to be sacrificed or chasing a toxic Survivors really...

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You are correct it should be fine in the game to leave and move onto the next match. I agree 100%, in a game you pay for, being held hostage with toxic players is unpalatable.

  • Why even play killer if you are upset by chasing survivors?

  • I'm torn. On the one hand, I've had many matches where I wish I could just get out of it already, and only a desire to keep bloodpoints/not add a stacking penalty to my account stayed my hand from the disconnect button. Matches where I could barely catch anyone and the survivors drew out the game as much as possible to rub that in my face, matches where the killer had no other aim than to slug the whole team and BM us while we bled out. Obvious griefing situations, even if they fall within the rules. On the other hand, if this was without penalty and usable at any time, it would be insanely abused and random matches would turn unplayable; survivors would start surrendering as soon as they heard Nurse teleporting or as soon as they saw Spirit, and that'd be awful. It's the same problem as suiciding on hook, except you don't even have to find the killer to bail the game.

    I think survivors should be able to surrender when slugged for over a minute (consecutively), or when their slug timer reaches two minutes remaining (if not consecutive.) They should also be able to surrender while slugged if they're the last remaining survivor. Can't be used unless you're in a losing position and the killer is wasting your time. Surrendering counts as both a hook and a kill for the killer, so it can't be used to rob emblems.

    The killer needs a way to open the exit gates and start the EGC prematurely, even if gens aren't done and there's multiple survivors remaining. It would probably be for the best if this didn't activate NOED or Blood Warden - and survivors cannot depip if this happens, so the killer can't just open the gates immediately and force derank everyone with a 30 second game. The killer should also be able to leave the game at any point once the gates are open (so survivors can't wait at the exit gates for the whole duration just to force the killer to come watch them teabag.)

    The health of the game would be greatly improved by allowing players to leave toxic situations without being forced to engage with players that are just trying to annoy them, but it shouldn't let players quit scott free just because they'd rather be facing a different killer/something unlucky happened in the game.

  • As there were some comments about it, I just wanted to come in and remind everyone that encouraging Unsportsmanlike Behavior (DCs) is not allowed on the forums. I want you guys to continue the discussion, just remember to keep this (and the other forum rules) in mind when commenting!