Spirit |How strong is her power? is it Op? UP? or balanced? What about her add-ons?

I doubt I'll see anyone saying she is Underpowered but I added it anyways...for it to be consistent with all the killers I do this to

I am still working on changing Billy with the info I gathered the other day (Little hard when I sit down and mid type I get distracted but trust me the change concept is on its way, I am removing his Overheat and changing some of his kit to make him really fun hopefully for both sides, while making Billy a powerhouse)


Spirit has been the killer I see complaints about often (A thread recently that I commented on made up my mind on either Spirit or Bubba, so I went with Spirit, however for now on I will be more consistent with the order from going to the oldest killers to the newest)

I wanna see the community come together again and help see all the issues Spirit has and if she might need some updates

I am choosing the community to brew up the issues as if I do it myself it would be a little biased, so having multiple people speak out on it will help

Comments

  • There’s three major things wrong with Spirit.

    The first one is that her power is literally uncounterable when played correctly because you can never tell what she’s doing. At least you can see the Nurse blink to a location and choose an option based on that but Spirit has nothing like that.

    The second one is that she’s too easy to play for how strong she is. I think the reason that is isn't because of her power being easy to use, but because there’s literally no major penalty for missing a phase. A killer player doesn’t necessarily have to land right on top of a survivor to get rewarded unlike other killers because she literally gets a speed boost coming out and it’s not that long of a cool down anyway especially if you play Spirit correctly which is using her power in short bursts.

    The third one is that her add ons are too strong. MDR-Amulet combo is one of the most broken things in the game and it needs a nerf. Her green add ons especially the Dirty Uwabaki and Katsumori Talisman are way too powerful with no downsides to using them. Not sure how a killer as strong as Spirit has add ons like this that enhance her strengths so much without adding a drawback to them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    underpowered for sure

    I was waiting for a comment like this

  • I don't think her power is overpowered but it is certainly not balanced, so somewhere in-between overpowered and balanced. The problem with spirit is the lack of information she gives to survivors which essentially just turns every chase into a big guessing game where the odds are stacked against you each time. This could be fixed by giving survivors the occasional sound cue whenever she phases, kind of like the spirit bug a couple months back where she would make breathing noises whenever she phased which gave her much needed counterplay but not as obvious as that. Maybe instead of breathing noises they could give her a unique chase music and they can make certain instruments play whenever she phases, something that involves the survivor needing to listen and pay attention to the environment just like the spirit needs too.

    Her addons for the most part are fine except a couple, such as the duration addons. I'm not sure if they fixed it but I read somewhere that the duration addons for some reason also come with the unintended affect of making your power recharge faster meaning that all the duration addons are essentially two addons combined into one. Also mother daughter ring combined with yakuyoke amulet is extremely powerful and deserves a nerf. Other than that though I'd say that her addons are fine enough.

  • I think she is OP with her better addons.

    She is too easy to play for the reward she gets, far more than freddy.

    She has no counterplay.

    She is very unfun to play against, on top of everything else. You are just guessing throughout a chase with her (if it is even a chase you just die so quick against one with a brain).

  • Spirit fills a necessary role as a very strong killer. However, I don't like that strong killers are needed, I'm just pointing out a fact.

    Generally, her biggest problems are her ease of gameplay and that she basically makes people dumb. She's a killer that turns everyone into rank 20's, fresh off the bus and ready to see Pyramid Head in Haddonfield. That's the big reason she's so strong. You have no input from her as to what she's doing. Case and point, one of her most effect moves is for the killer to let go of theyr controls. Do that as literally anyone else and you get wrecked.

    Her add-ons... I don't know. It's hard to say, what with her power being so busted. They're not the most game-changing set out there - Plague, Blight and Doc all have better sets. Doc especially. But because she's so damn strong all her add-ons seem even better than they are, and they're definitely a good set. For example - if they nerf her speed and make her visible, MDR/Yakuoke wouldn't be so strong. In fact, they'd be in line with the other killers I listed, if not a bit weaker. So nerfing them wouldn't make sense.

  • @GannTM said:

    There’s three major things wrong with Spirit.

    The first one is that her power is literally uncounterable when played correctly because you can never tell what she’s doing. At least you can see the Nurse blink to a location and choose an option based on that but Spirit has nothing like that.

    The second one is that she’s too easy to play for how strong she is. I think the reason that is isn't because of her power being easy to use, but because there’s literally no major penalty for missing a phase. A killer player doesn’t necessarily have to land right on top of a survivor to get rewarded unlike other killers because she literally gets a speed boost coming out and it’s not that long of a cool down anyway especially if you play Spirit correctly which is using her power in short bursts.

    The third one is that her add ons are too strong. MDR-Amulet combo is one of the most broken things in the game and it needs a nerf. Her green add ons especially the Dirty Uwabaki and Katsumori Talisman are way too powerful with no downsides to using them. Not sure how a killer as strong as Spirit has add ons like this that enhance her strengths so much without adding a drawback to them.

    @FrostySeal said:

    I don't think her power is overpowered but it is certainly not balanced, so somewhere in-between overpowered and balanced. The problem with spirit is the lack of information she gives to survivors which essentially just turns every chase into a big guessing game where the odds are stacked against you each time. This could be fixed by giving survivors the occasional sound cue whenever she phases, kind of like the spirit bug a couple months back where she would make breathing noises whenever she phased which gave her much needed counterplay but not as obvious as that. Maybe instead of breathing noises they could give her a unique chase music and they can make certain instruments play whenever she phases, something that involves the survivor needing to listen and pay attention to the environment just like the spirit needs too.

    Her addons for the most part are fine except a couple, such as the duration addons. I'm not sure if they fixed it but I read somewhere that the duration addons for some reason also come with the unintended affect of making your power recharge faster meaning that all the duration addons are essentially two addons combined into one. Also mother daughter ring combined with yakuyoke amulet is extremely powerful and deserves a nerf. Other than that though I'd say that her addons are fine enough.

    So because both of you mentioned MDR and Amulet, are they strong on their own or strong only when they are together?

  • Stridor spirit literally destroy everything that survivor can counter her. I think the least nerf they can give is reduce their sound by 50% when phasing.

    • 176 speed when phasing, with 1.5sec activation is NO WAY survivors can make an unpredictable movement if she has Stridor.
    • Nurse has penalty, even Legion. Billy & Oni, Bubba gets stunned if make mistake. For Spirit, even if you able to make an unpredictable movement, its more likely Spirit just a few meters away and continue chase right again without any stun

    Funny that if she doesnt have Stridor and survivors have IronWill, she's from S Tier down right to B Tier.

    At loops, survivor has to make 50/50 of lucky decision between 2 sides of a pallet. Survivor can run, but she would have her power right away and chase you with 176 speed, because she barely use her power bar for the loops.

  • Spirit is WAY too easy to pick up for her power. At least Nurse takes tens or hundreds of hours to pick up, unlike Spirit.