Change Windows of Oppurtunity

Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

Comments

  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    i would get rid of the timer completley since the new buff to alert is so OP that i will be running it they got rid of the range and timer so now whenever the killer breaks something anywhere you see thier aura for however long it is and there is no limit to how many times this can happen in a short period of time like...... ######### (survivor main)

  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    i would get rid of the timer completley since the new buff to alert is so OP that i will be running it they got rid of the range and timer so now whenever the killer breaks something anywhere you see thier aura for however long it is and there is no limit to how many times this can happen in a short period of time like...... ######### (survivor main)

    They buffed alert to much.
    But at least, survivors can't complain about killers aura reading perks... oh wait.

    They should buff spies to the same level. 
  • Tsulan said:

    They should buff spies to the same level. 
    Agreed. No range limit. I agree with it being a slight chance not to activate.
  • @thekiller490490 said:
    Tsulan said:

    They should buff spies to the same level. 

    Agreed. No range limit. I agree with it being a slight chance not to activate.

    I'd even say go as far as have Spies decrease the time it takes for stillness crows to appear.

  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    i would get rid of the timer completley since the new buff to alert is so OP that i will be running it they got rid of the range and timer so now whenever the killer breaks something anywhere you see thier aura for however long it is and there is no limit to how many times this can happen in a short period of time like...... ######### (survivor main)

    They want solo survivors to be more on par with SWF.

    Problem is SWF is already tougher and they aren't buffing killers to counter it.

    Not surprised one bit though. Seems obvious which side is making them the most money.
  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    Window of oppurtunity is a newbie perk. It's like unrelenting. It's just training wheels.
    :P

  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    This perk is only supposed to be used to get information before you are in a chase. It even says that this perk has the cooldown active when you vault during a chase. This is fine because in a chase you shouldn't be able to run around and see every pallet/window you come across.

  • Wolf74 said:

    @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    Window of oppurtunity is a newbie perk. It's like unrelenting. It's just training wheels.
    :P

    It's a good idea though.

    Also I don't use it because I use more better perks but it is prety good for highlighting windows/pallets/vaults that you might not see due to an obstruction/distance/fog.

    If I had it unlocked I'd like to take it now and then for those times when you just can't find anything.
  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    i would get rid of the timer completley since the new buff to alert is so OP that i will be running it they got rid of the range and timer so now whenever the killer breaks something anywhere you see thier aura for however long it is and there is no limit to how many times this can happen in a short period of time like...... ######### (survivor main)

    Alert isnt op lol.
  • @Mr_Myers said:
    Right now it is a trash tier perk, a 40 second cooldown for vaulting a window?

    I would change it to still see all the auras, but the cool down is either significantly reduced or ignored when vaulting a window but reset when dropping or sliding across any pallet. The 40 second timer for one window vault is just too brutal

    i would get rid of the timer completley since the new buff to alert is so OP that i will be running it they got rid of the range and timer so now whenever the killer breaks something anywhere you see thier aura for however long it is and there is no limit to how many times this can happen in a short period of time like...... ######### (survivor main)

    Alert isnt op lol.
    Its really good on ptb
  • I disagree with it being trash. I've noticed other side benefits to it - such as telling you when pallets have been used up in an area before you get surprised by the lack of them late game and even exact killer location when one is broken. I do agree I would like to see a lower cooldown.

    Now current alert is trash. PTB alert sounds good - not op since the killer has to break things which becomes less useful as the trial goes on or if they happen to be chasing you.

  • @darktrix said:

    Now current alert is trash. PTB alert sounds good - not op since the killer has to break things which becomes less useful as the trial goes on or if they happen to be chasing you.

    Actually I am using Alert quiet a lot and think even the current version is way underrated.
    It saved me tons of times, but maybe that is just me, because I want to be stealthy and actually lose the killer.
    For looper i it doesn't do a whole lot.