Help with listing second chances for Killer

I'm currently writing a rather large discussion on second chances in this game. However, I want it to be as good and unbiased as possible. If you lovely people would be so kind, could you please list all the examples of KILLER second chance perks and add-ons that you can think of. I hope to compile a proper list most people could agree with. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Comments

  • Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

  • Second chance is a term largely used in DbD without any real boundaries. You can concoct almost anything as being a second chance to fit your own narrative.

    Imho, the only real second chance in dbd was original DS. It immediately undid exactly what the killer was supposed to accomplish and it worked without any downsides for the user or (almost) no counters.

    Anything else we have now, for killer or survivors, is just game mechanics.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

    If we were counting fire up as a second chance perk then wouldn't coup de grace also need to be included? They both provide a benefit for losing gens.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173060#Comment_2173060

    If we were counting fire up as a second chance perk then wouldn't coup de grace also need to be included? They both provide a benefit for losing gens.

    Forgot about that one actually yes that would count

  • Bitter murmur and hex retribution, No Way Out

  • The true equivalent of "second chance" perks for killers aren't what i would call "second chance", more like perks that allow them to skip some of the steps to reach their goal. In other words: Insta-downs.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

    Fire up

    Such a disgusting second chance perk for killers.Everyone complains about NOED but they somehow forget about Fire Up 😤

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

    Noed: I agree

    Blood Warden: I'd say it's to situational but if it works then it works kinda like a second chance so I kinda agree

    Spirit Fury: For at least once, once they realize you have SF/E they will just predrop pallets. Kinda weak in my opinion.

    Undying: It's a second chance for another Hex Totem rather than the Player, but it's a second chance regardless.

    Rancor: Rather a "Entity feels bad for you and gives you a kill" than a second chance. Also, once the Obsession realizes you have Rancor they will all of a sudden vanish from the map

    Haunted: A Survivors fault when it triggers.

    Fire Up: #########?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

    Is Undying a second chance perk or a duplication perk? it's not like killers make a mistake that gets their Hex cleansed, for the most that's completely out of their hands

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173060#Comment_2173060

    Fire up

    Such a disgusting second chance perk for killers.Everyone complains about NOED but they somehow forget about Fire Up 😤

    ?gg nerf fire up

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Noed

    Blood warden potentially

    Spirit fury

    Undying

    Rancor

    Haunted ground to an extent

    Fire up

    That’s all I would consider

    I would also argue that Unrelenting is a second chance perk as well because it allows you to recover faster from a missed hit.

  • Pop (Can Be Second Chance)

    Tinkerer

    Ruin

    Devour Hope

    Coup de grace

    NOED

    BloodWarden

    STBFL (Potentially Depending on the situation)

    Haunted Ground

    No Way Out

    Remember Me

    Rancor

    Undying (For Hex Totem second chance)

    Unrelenting (Very Situational)