RBT rework
I thought about how to make RBTs deadlier without becoming overly oppressive. Here's what I have:
- For each generator that is repaired while an RBT is active, the timer on every RBT, including the ones that haven't been used yet, is decreased by 10 seconds.
- For each survivor that dies from an RBT, the timer on every RBT, including the ones that haven't been used yet, is decreased by 30 seconds.
- Each Jigsaw Box can now only have the key to one RBT. If a survivor dies or finds the key to their RBT, that Jigsaw Box becomes inactive and its aura is no longer shown to survivors wearing an RBT.
- The add-ons that decrease the base timer would need to be reworked into something else.
What do you think?
Comments
For each survivor that dies from an RBT, the timer on every RBT, including the ones that haven't been used yet, is decreased by 30 seconds.This is insane. You could have all survivors instantly pop in unison if played right/wrong. Imagine if you managed to get a RBT on each survivor, roughly 30s apart from each other. One pops, then the next, and the next, and the final one, all within a few seconds of each other.
Each jigsaw box when used becoming inactive is a great idea though.
I feel like your third suggestion completely undoes your first two suggestions. Once the first Trap is removed, the threat of the other three Traps is reduced HARD, and the threat only further decreases with each Trap removed. At that point, I don't think it matters that the timer might be reduced by a few seconds.
Each Jigsaw Box can now only have the key to one RBT.
I believe that's how it already works.
It's not. One box can unlock multiple Traps.
you're right, I was getting it mixed up.
Anyway, I think that suggestion would be a nerf, especially against an SWF.
Instead of RBT timers decreasing with each one that successfully goes off, they should decrease with each one successfully removed, but not by 30 seconds that's a bit too much.
Also I think she should get an add-on that changes the activation trigger from 'gen completed' to 'unhooked'. So you put a hat on them, stick them on a hook, and then the moment they're rescued it starts ticking down. This would be instead of any substantial timer decreasing add-ons, probably instead of the one that removes box auras too as that's way too evil, and it would make her power valid in the end game after the final gen is repaired.
If combined with the 'jigsaw boxes get used up' nerf, this wouldn't be too overbearing. You'd likely only have one box to go to, which would counter act the fact that there's no gens left to defend, and that the timer will be starting automatically on unhook.
Sorry, but that's not realistic. That'd mean that every survivor did nothing to try to remove the RBT. And if such a thing were to happen, at that point, it's really their fault.
The numbers may need some tweaking, sure. However, in my experience, it shouldn't take much longer than 30 seconds to find and search a Jigsaw Box.
Instead of RBT timers decreasing with each one that successfully goes off, they should decrease with each one successfully removed, but not by 30 seconds that's a bit too much.
As I mentioned to @TAG, 30 seconds is more or less the time it should take you to find and search a box. However, it would be more or less the same. My goal is to make the traps deadlier without becoming too powerful.
Honestly, I think you accomplish the opposite by taking away Jigsaw Boxes with each successful Trap removal (and I guess with each RBT kill, but if you get just one kill with it, the rest don't matter). Having to only worry about three boxes instead of four is big IMO.
Nope, I've done everything I could to remove my RBT and failed, because I had to go around to all four boxes and didn't make the last one.
So the first person does that, then the next one with 30 seconds to spare who is just about to get theirs off... pops instantly, and the next one who had a minute to spare... pops instantly.... and then the last one who had 1 minute 30 left on their timer so they weren't in any hurry... instantly pops.
Even if that only happens to two people and not all four, it's unacceptable. You're doing everything you can to get your RBT off, the first three boxes were duds, you're on your way to the last one, you have just enough time and the Pig isn't in your way so you're going to make it. Another survivor fails to get theirs off, dies, and so you do, through no fault of your own.
It's an interesting idea, but I see an issue with your second bullet point. It's rare for survivors to actually die from RBTs.
RBTs are mostly used as a time-waste tool, because they have to search for the right box, which gives the pig more breathing room.
I've played Pig and I quite like her, but...
I don't think it's possible, from a design perspective, to make the traps deadlier without utterly breaking her. There's a reason the game features almost no instant kill effects and why Moris were nerfed down from skipping the game to skipping only the last move-to-hook.
IMO, RBTs should carry other disadvantages and have their RNG limited so they can't come off on first try but they also can't have a survivor die from sheer bad luck. I'd be much more interested in improving her stealth attacks and capabilities than making her into a russian roulette simulator.
I want to point out that the add-on that hides the box auras only does so [i]while the RBT is not active[/i]. So if the trap instantly activates on an unhook that add-on wouldn't combo [i]at all[/i] anyways.
Now, for the original poster: I love playing Pig, she's such a fun Killer to play. But something to keep in mind is what @Firellius said: her RBTs are not really intended to kill a Survivor, they are meant to be a time waster. A Survivor should really only die to an RBT if they get super unlucky or they play really badly. Depending on the map and the box spawns and where you are when your RBT turns on it is [i]possible[/i] that you might not even make it to the third box if the first two don't have the key in it. This happens only on the largest maps of course. But only on the smallest maps is it not a danger that the [i]fourth[/i] is the one you need.
Really the only reason a Survivor dies from an RBT in the first place is so they have a reason to waste the time getting them off. It's not their main purpose, just the incentive. That being said I do feel they could be tweaked a bit to make them a little more deadly so it happens a bit more often. The tweaks needed would need to be pretty small so on the edge cases of "large map, can't reach third box" don't become too problematic.
Maybe if they had some way of knowing how far apart each box was and had a dynamic time based on that. The further apart each box is the longer the timer is but if the boxes are closer together the shorter the timer is. This could be a bit of a problem on Midwhich and Meat Plant because while technically a box on the lower floor and a box on the upper floor are 'close' to each other you've got to go a bit around to get from one to the other. But that's only two maps and I feel that each Killer should have some sort of advantage based on their Power on their own map.
I think a nice, small buff, would be that any RBTs you put on people after the final gen is done are already on. Survivors can leave with an inactive trap on their heads, but not an active one. I get that having this feature is supposed to make The Pig use her traps early instead of late but sometimes you just get that one Urbane Evading Blendette you couldn't find all game and were saving a trap just, for, her... .
I do somewhat like the idea that as more gens are finished all timers are shorter. Maybe make it so that only [i]new[/i] traps have a shorter time though. That way people already with traps don't have to worry about just suddenly not having the three seconds they need to finish up their last box because someone else wanted to genrush.
I agree with @Seraphor that the timer going down for kills is problematic. Again, maybe if it was only new traps and not current ones it would be fine. Though I do prefer their suggestion to lower the time when a trap is removed. But, again, it would need to be on new traps. It would not feel good at all to be killed out of nowhere because someone else did something that helped them. And by making all of the changes only impact new traps it means you have to be a bit more selective on when you use them, instead of just slapping them on everyone first chance you get.
I disagree
RBTs are not supposed to kill, they are supposed to make you spend time not on gens which they do just fine, they just need slightly more fixed RNG so that luck doesn't make or break your pig games.