Omg shadowborn makes the game feel SO much better as killer...

Seriously, it makes me play so much better and more aggresive for some reason, idk why

It feels like I'm faster even though it doesnt actually effect movement speed

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yeah as someone who plays 100-110 FoV in other games that allow it, it feels so nice, so natural

    sadly they're still stuck in their ways of "we've always designed this game around low FoV in order to make killer feel more focused" and yadayada. kinda goes out the window when FoV altering perks exist but w/e. i feel like it's something they need to reconsider for the greater good of everyone's eyes and spatial awareness.

    I'm not entirely sure how that reasoning goes out the window because of Shadowborn and M&A. They require killers to sacrifice extremely valuable perk slots. If anything, such perks reinforce bhvr's stance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yeah as someone who plays 100-110 FoV in other games that allow it, it feels so nice, so natural

    sadly they're still stuck in their ways of "we've always designed this game around low FoV in order to make killer feel more focused" and yadayada. kinda goes out the window when FoV altering perks exist but w/e. i feel like it's something they need to reconsider for the greater good of everyone's eyes and spatial awareness.

    It's just so much better, the game looks better even idk

    I can see why they argue against it but survivors can use stretched res if they want and get an advantage, and the perk exists already anyways

    Should just make it a setting

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170320#Comment_2170320

    true. I still disagree with having to sacrifice a perk slot for it when you're up against 4 other people who all have their own perks, items, addons, and offerings. perhaps there're stats out there that prove me wrong but I feel like shadowborn isn't particularly impactful when it comes to finding stealthy survivors compared to other perks. especially since there're so many maps with cluttered tiles these days (or just outright indoors).

    Shadowborn is like Enduring - it's not needed at all, but some people play so much better with it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170331#Comment_2170331

    Shadowborn is like Enduring - it's not needed at all, but some people play so much better with it.

    I'm apart of that. My accuracy on ranged killers becomes way higher. Mainly due to me playing fps at highest fov possible.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170331#Comment_2170331

    Shadowborn is like Enduring - it's not needed at all, but some people play so much better with it.

    I mean that's a good point. Survivors get a combined 16 perks, why should killer have to sacrifice one of his 4 perk slots just so he can enjoy the game like a regular game from 2021? lol

  • @dtavares7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170335#Comment_2170335

    I mean that's a good point. Survivors get a combined 16 perks, why should killer have to sacrifice one of his 4 perk slots just so he can enjoy the game like a regular game from 2021? lol

    Because this game is terribly optimized and handing people a competitive hardware advantage in a casual game never goes well?

  • @dtavares7 said:

    Seriously, it makes me play so much better and more aggresive for some reason, idk why

    It feels like I'm faster even though it doesnt actually effect movement speed

    It's nice that it works for you. I remember using it when I first started playing as nurse because of how good it's supposed to be on her but I hated it so I stopped using it right away.

    It was like I had literal tunnel vision.

  • @Get_Exposed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170363#Comment_2170363

    Shadowborn is the opposite of tunnel vision. You probably just couldn't handle nurse.

    Not with that perk on. I do well as her without it.

  • Umbra got me hooked on it and now it's my comfort blanket on huntress.

  • Haha imagine FOV slider in a video game in 2021. That sounds almost as crazy as having brightness settings in a video game in 2021.

    Absurd

  • True. Whenever I start playing killer again (for challenges) I usually equip shadowborn for a few games after I remember just how bad the killer FOV is.