Perk Slots

Will there ever be a 5th perk slot? Question is very random but cool to think about

Comments

  • Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

  • Killer need an extra perk slot.

  • @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

  • @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

  • @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    That's called "work on it", which they would do.

  • @Boss said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    That's called "work on it", which they would do.

    4 is a good number and many games use that same layout.

  • @purebalance said:

    @Boss said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    That's called "work on it", which they would do.

    4 is a good number and many games use that same layout.

    I agree with that, though there's also many games that give you a slot for only 1 power, many with 2, many with 3, etc. etc.
    Because many games do it isn't really the greatest argument.
    Still agree to 4 being solid though.

  • @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

    Okay do you want reasoning? Prestiging takes forever to get to lvl 3 already.

  • @purebalance said:

    @Boss said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    That's called "work on it", which they would do.

    4 is a good number and many games use that same layout.

    4 was a good number before they created perks to "fix" broken game mechanics

  • @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

    Okay do you want reasoning? Prestiging takes forever to get to lvl 3 already.

    Nope, prestiging should always be something OPTIONAL and not a "must have".

  • @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

    Okay do you want reasoning? Prestiging takes forever to get to lvl 3 already.

    Your reading comprehension is SERIOUSLY low. I said that when you prestige you're keeping the perk slots. So when you prestige the third time, you have all 4 open at lvl 1. That's simply a QoL issue so you can maybe use the person you invested points into.

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Boss said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    That's called "work on it", which they would do.

    4 is a good number and many games use that same layout.

    4 was a good number before they created perks to "fix" broken game mechanics

    Right, except that's an issue with those Perks not being a standard thing to have, not with the amount of Perk slots.

  • @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

    Okay do you want reasoning? Prestiging takes forever to get to lvl 3 already.

    Your reading comprehension is SERIOUSLY low. I said that when you prestige you're keeping the perk slots. So when you prestige the third time, you have all 4 open at lvl 1. That's simply a QoL issue so you can maybe use the person you invested points into.

    So instead of getting to lvl 15 you just have them open. Ok?

  • @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:

    @Milo said:

    @purebalance said:
    Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    NO. Just no.

    And for the question maybe in the feature? There are a lot of perks

    "hur dur I'm going to say something with no real reasoning and sound authoritative when I really don't"

    Okay do you want reasoning? Prestiging takes forever to get to lvl 3 already.

    Your reading comprehension is SERIOUSLY low. I said that when you prestige you're keeping the perk slots. So when you prestige the third time, you have all 4 open at lvl 1. That's simply a QoL issue so you can maybe use the person you invested points into.

    So instead of getting to lvl 15 you just have them open. Ok?

    Yeah. It's not game breaking since you typically are going to be loading points in, but at least it's a little something if you want to use them in the meantime. Prestige 1 lvl 1 has 2 open at 1 and everything shifts down to where you have 4 at 10. 2 has 3 at 1 and you get 4th at 5 and so on.

  • I also think the 4 perks are OK and, as far as you can say that in DbD, are a balanced count. Nevertheless I would like the idea of a 5th perk being active for special events. If it is maybe too much effort to change the UI in this way just for an event, it might be an option to set fix perks being active. Like "during this event, Dwight will always have Borrowed time active" or "today the Trapper gets BBQ, tomorrow the nurse gets Haunting grounds".

    Would at least make it possible to create some builds you always thought about but couldn't combine well enough. For example I'd like to combine Unbreakable with Tenacity and No Mither, but you waste 3 perks which just are useful when you get downed and not instantly hooked. Or No Mither with This is not happening and Resilience. But both builds kinda require Dead Hard to get the missing "hitpoint" back.

  • Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    Calling urself pure balance but suggesting such an imbalance change so new players get even more bullied. Good job.
  • Doubtful the UI would look weird.

    I would like it when you prestige that each time you keep 1 extra perk slot. 1=2 slots 2=3 and 3=all 4

    Calling urself pure balance but suggesting such an imbalance change so new players get even more bullied. Good job.
    @DwightsLifeMatters to clarify, im not attacking. But i think they meant "just keep x perkslots per prestige unlocked" not a new four.
    But if that ruins the balence/bully the newbies im not sure how unless, your matched for character level? When i read it at first tho i thought "adding another slot"  so if you saw that i totally understand
  • Wolf74 said:

    Killer need an extra perk slot.

    Sounds about right since it is a 1v4 with 4 perks vs 16 other random perks.
  • Wolf74 said:

    Killer need an extra perk slot.

    Sounds about right since it is a 1v4 with 4 perks vs 16 other random perks.

  • with exactly 122 surv. perks in +5yrs, it will be so ridiculous to have just 4 perk slots

    DBD will increase the number in future somehow, you will see :=)

    I would like to play with around 8 perk slots right now, just for equivalency of number since game was born