I'm sorry Freddy mains.

For a long time, I was one of the people that absolutely abhorred playing against Freddy. For his strength and ease compared to someone like Blight, I thought he was too good. I tried not to say he was "ez mode" but I did a few times.

Well, as someone who's mained Wraith for the past while, I understand. Now that people are calling Wraith "new Freddy", which I'm gonna be honest I don't totally understand. Playing against Old Wraith was a pretty similar experience, most Wraith's just brought Windstorm which made him just as fast or faster than new base Wraith.The complete invisibility doesn't do much as up close you see (and hear) him just as much as you used to. The buffed lunge is definitely strong, but I think people overestimate how 'uncounterable' it is. Wraith excels in getting early hits, definitely, but he still has no chase power nor any valid forms of pressure. He can only chase one Survivor at a time.

I can easily admit that All-Seeing Blood (which imo is much stronger than All-Seeing Spirit) and Coxcombed clapper need looked at now. Especially when paired with the right builds, or The Ghost (which is stupidly powerful for a brown add-on). Same with Bone being only Yellow. I also think he may need a general add-on pass as a lot of his add-ons are just bad when compared to others, which forces uses of the stronger ones.

Anyways, I'm sorry Freddy mains. I'll never call your killer easy again, even if I still don't like going against him.

Comments

  • "I can easily admit that All-Seeing Blood (which imo is much stronger than All-Seeing Spirit) and Coxcombed clapper need looked at now. Especially when paired with the right builds, or The Ghost (which is stupidly powerful for a brown add-on). Same with Bone being only Yellow. I also think he may need a general add-on pass as a lot of his add-ons are just bad when compared to others, which forces uses of the stronger ones."

    Maybe this is the case while some people complain about Wraith now. I have not had that much of a problem so far with Wraith, but I have not seen that many since his Buff.

    However, if we consider that he does not need Windstorm anymore (which was basically set before the Buff), he can use some other of his really strong Add Ons. And having the silent Bell and purple All-Seeing might be too much, who knows. At least I can understand that people complain about that, if they face a lot of Wraiths using those Add Ons combined, because they can do this now, since no Add On-Slot is needed for Windstorm anymore.

    But I dont think that they need to be looked at just now. MAYBE in the future, but not anytime soon.

  • I just hope we get the MMR soon, so that wraith is not getting nerfed bc of killrates.

    I have red ranks who give me free MYC 6 times in a match bc they heal always under the hook in a deadzone. They dont even try to think about counter to wraith.

  • It’s really weird to think but wraith actually feels too strong on some maps now. I wouldn’t call him OP but going from pretty much D tier to this is insane

  • Freddy was never easy killer. I mean yes he has some good powers but he can not spam then. Only snares can spamming and snares will get nerf so.

    Freddy is area control killer. Him power gives him patrol gens well and help him to defend them. But powers also limited. You need to keep everyone in dreamworld for your powers. You have to play smart. If you teleport wrong gen or if you focus on one survivor and forgot about gens you will lose game. Freddy was fine, i hope nerf will not change it.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Freddy was never easy killer. I mean yes he has some good powers but he can not spam then. Only snares can spamming and snares will get nerf so.

    Freddy is area control killer. Him power gives him patrol gens well and help him to defend them. But powers also limited. You need to keep everyone in dreamworld for your powers. You have to play smart. If you teleport wrong gen or if you focus on one survivor and forgot about gens you will lose game. Freddy was fine, i hope nerf will not change it.

    I played ptb nerf freddy the nerf is going to do basically almost nothing to good freddy players. The only loss i see for good freddy players is the rope add ons the rest of the nerf is nothing actually laughable at times for example the movement slowdown on placing snares... yeah when do you see freddy players having snares ready when chasing survivors, you see him placing them at loops where there is very small movement so that nerf is pointless.

    But back on the main topic wraith it is very weird to see so many people complaining that wraith is to strong even op now this year is going to be a strange year for dbd isnt it lol

  • I don't see how Wraith is comparable to Freddy. Freddy was genuinely, ridiculously easy. His counteprlay consisted of predropping pallets and really hoping your teammates were doing gens. He could spam snares and fake teleports, synergised ridiculously with every slowdown perk, for free anti stealth, and put survivors to sleep passively.

    Wraith is quick and has a pig-dash lunge. Woo. Can't do much about maze tiles, path pallets, larger loops, main buildings, etc. Has decent synergy with slowdown perks but actually has to give something up to use them since his basekit lacks tracking and only has a mediocre chase power. Is he easy? Yeah. But in a good way, like Blight. But without Blight's skill cap.

  • Apology accepted, NomiNomad.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Apology accepted, NomiNomad.

    Thank you, GeneralV

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "I can easily admit that All-Seeing Blood (which imo is much stronger than All-Seeing Spirit) and Coxcombed clapper need looked at now. Especially when paired with the right builds, or The Ghost (which is stupidly powerful for a brown add-on). Same with Bone being only Yellow. I also think he may need a general add-on pass as a lot of his add-ons are just bad when compared to others, which forces uses of the stronger ones."

    Maybe this is the case while some people complain about Wraith now. I have not had that much of a problem so far with Wraith, but I have not seen that many since his Buff.

    However, if we consider that he does not need Windstorm anymore (which was basically set before the Buff), he can use some other of his really strong Add Ons. And having the silent Bell and purple All-Seeing might be too much, who knows. At least I can understand that people complain about that, if they face a lot of Wraiths using those Add Ons combined, because they can do this now, since no Add On-Slot is needed for Windstorm anymore.

    But I dont think that they need to be looked at just now. MAYBE in the future, but not anytime soon.

    I think that's just Wraith's biggest problem now, is a lot of his add-ons aren't worth using. Blink isn't with using, Blind Warrior isn't worth using, Swift Hunt isn't with using. And a lot of Wraith's better add-ons are still common or uncommon rarity. Why wouldn't I use his better add-ons if I get them so often?

    I think Coxcombed is mostly fine for being an Iri, but I can see it being looked at. All Seeing - Blood is ridiculously powerful in the right build.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't see how Wraith is comparable to Freddy. Freddy was genuinely, ridiculously easy. His counteprlay consisted of predropping pallets and really hoping your teammates were doing gens. He could spam snares and fake teleports, synergised ridiculously with every slowdown perk, for free anti stealth, and put survivors to sleep passively.

    Wraith is quick and has a pig-dash lunge. Woo. Can't do much about maze tiles, path pallets, larger loops, main buildings, etc. Has decent synergy with slowdown perks but actually has to give something up to use them since his basekit lacks tracking and only has a mediocre chase power. Is he easy? Yeah. But in a good way, like Blight. But without Blight's skill cap.

    I don't get it either, I've just seen more complaining about him recently. I suppose it's because more people might be playing him in response to his buffs?

    My main issue is current Wraith is barely different than old one, just with a freed add-on slot. If you think current Wraith is a problem, you thought old Wraith with Windstorm was a problem. The only difference is the buffed lunge and complete invisibility past 20 (at least I think it's 20) meters. The buffed lunge is strong, but the complete invisibility doesn't do much. Especially when he still breaths like a congested 80 year old smoker.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    It’s really weird to think but wraith actually feels too strong on some maps now. I wouldn’t call him OP but going from pretty much D tier to this is insane

    Wraith was always this with the right add-ons. Out of pure curiousity, what maps are you talking about?

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155315#Comment_2155315

    Wraith was always this with the right add-ons. Out of pure curiousity, what maps are you talking about?

    Mainly maps with pretty unsafe pallets like dead dawg midwich or lery’s. It can make him feel like a pig dash but better.

    Not saying he’s OP but he is really good at shorter loops

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155519#Comment_2155519

    Mainly maps with pretty unsafe pallets like dead dawg midwich or lery’s. It can make him feel like a pig dash but better.

    Not saying he’s OP but he is really good at shorter loops

    To be fair, I feel like most killers can excel at short loops. Doc and Clown can completely shut them down, but yes, Wraith's super-lunge is incredible at short loops. Dead Dawg is just killer sided in general, imo.

  • Bad players can't adapt to a new threat. It's just like people who still haven't adapted to Leatherface and think he's only a threat when he's breathing down their neck like he needed to be with his old ability. Then they complain he was overbuffed when they're just not respecting his powers potential now.

  • They came for Billy and I said nothing.

    They came for Freddy and I said nothing.

    Now they come for Wraith and no one will speak up for me.

  • Anyone who says wraith is the new Freddy needs to meet me outside the Walmart for a talk, don't get me wrong current wraith isn't exactly rocket science but Freddy was never the easiest killer in the game anyways, he's just always been the easiest to do well with due to a bloated kit and annoying add-ons Freddy has too many different aspects in his kit, he has an anti loop, teleport, even a kind of stealth and with add-ons he even has free game delay.

    Wraith on the other hand just does one thing and he does it fairly well, he's good at sneaking up to survivors in bad positions and getting a free hit anything after that he's basically just machete man. Sure you can use his powers at some short to maybe medium sized loops but even then it can be countered with quick reactions, certainly not Freddy's snares or even his dream pallets

  • I really think the only thing about Wraith that needs a nerf is All Seeing - Spirit add-on. That add-on makes it too easy to troll other players when combined with All Seeing - Blood. Just go to where a gen turns colors, slug who is there, repeat. There is a dude that does nothing but that on his stream every time he plays.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Freddy was never easy killer. I mean yes he has some good powers but he can not spam then. Only snares can spamming and snares will get nerf so.

    Freddy is area control killer. Him power gives him patrol gens well and help him to defend them. But powers also limited. You need to keep everyone in dreamworld for your powers. You have to play smart. If you teleport wrong gen or if you focus on one survivor and forgot about gens you will lose game. Freddy was fine, i hope nerf will not change it.

    Yes! Well said.