HEY DBD AMEGOS! π₯°
Hiya guys!, hope you're day and matches are going well β€
So I have a question, I purchased Deliverance? With my shards last week, and its come up on fengs blood Web? ... seeing as I'm a blonde chick playing (literally ) I was wondering if it's worth me running? And what it actually benefits me for?... also Lithe?... I seem to be diving through the windows and still getting grabbed π... so would lithe benefit me in a way of just having that slight run in a chase?... I do enjoy a killer chasing my dear ol feng mins knickers as its great fun and gives my other team a few minutes to sort the gens or heal?... but I feel a bit sluggish when vaulting? Will that help? Or is it pointless. Never run these perks before so need some advice for my yellow rank ass π€π
Thankyou my darlings πβ€
Comments
Deliverance is pretty decent but you have to play the early game safe and make sure you donβt get chased first
lithe is okay but Iβd recommend dead hard or sprint burst for exhaustion perks
Aight here we go.
Is it worth using Deliverance?
The perk can be absolutely amazing, but the requirement of a safe unhook before use can really cripple it. In solos, it can be a pain to activate and you'll probably be hit with the DeliveranceCurse, meaning you're guaranteed to be hooked first no matter what. What does it actually do? You can unhook yourself, guaranteed. This means your team doesn't need to waste time off gens to save you, or you can make crutch last-second plays to recover your team from certain death. It's a bit like Unbreakable in that regard, except Unbreakable is a lot more reliable.
Is it worth using lithe?
Honestly, imo Lithe is the worst exhaustion perk in the game, maybe second worst with Balanced Landing but the strength of that perk on Haddonfield alone makes me wary to place it there. You're better off using, say, Sprint Burst (as the most consistent) or Dead Hard (as the strongest). Head On while solo can be bad but in a SWF it instantly becames top-tier.
but I feel a bit sluggish when vaulting? Will that help?
Lithe gives you a burst of speed to 6m/s (150%) for 3 seconds after vaulting a window, and then gives exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. It doesn't change the speed you vault- only 2 perks do that. Resilience and Spine Chill, both of which are good perks in their own regard and combine to form the Vault Speed Build (also known as the Anti Servers Build). When injured you vault 3%/6%/9% faster (as well as do everything else faster too) from Resilience, and when the killer looks at you, you do gens, healing, vaulting, and sabo-ing (iirc) 2%/4%/6% faster. Combined, you can vault 15% faster, which is an honest Godsend when the servers are involved.
Hope I could help :)
You're a blonde chick? All this time I just sort of assumed that you were a brunette dude, lol.
I got an invite yesterday but it was from a Randy something so I guess that wasn't you. I really need to just add your name. It's just kind of specific with the double I's and whatnot, I need to write it down. :P
Deliverance lets you Kobe yourself off a hook if you get a safe unhook. It's kind of situational, but overall a pretty good perk. It's best used in a swf so you can coordinate saves, but it's still not bad in solo.
Lithe lets you get a speed boost whenever you vault something. It's not the best the Exhaustion perk out there (Sprint Burst and Dead Hard are better), but again, it's not horrible.
You said you feel sluggish while vaulting. If that's the case, I recommend using Spine Chill+Resilience. They're both free perks that come with every character, and when used together they can boost your vaulting speed by 15%.
Your caption of title deffo helped to boost that confidence π thankyou I'm trying to work out the best perks for feng min. Like I've got her on kindred, iron will (as she doesn't have self heal yet) mechanic.. just because if I hear the wraiths bell or the docs music I instantly panic and fail skill checks π and alert. So any tips right now will be good on what perks is best for her lol x
Top banter as always my friend π
So my tag is the same on here.
So I use xbox one. My game tag is SammiieK1991 π don't forget to put "ii" in though and not just I lol x
Whos perk is dead hard or exhaustion from? I'm working all my characters so I can benefit the teachable for each one. Like I've used claudette and my main was Kate and now she has self care. And I used bill and now claudette has bills perks? ... if this makes sense and you see where I'm going with this π x
I'll write it down and try to figure out how to do a cross-platform friend request. Whenever I send one it just looks for Steam names. I would assume that there's a way to add people from other consoles but I guess I haven't found it yet. It's probably a giant flashing button that I haven't noticed.
Imo Deliverence is nice and can be very beneficial to you and your team as you won't waste time getting off the gen. However the downside is that if your hooked first it does nothing. So if your fine with that i would suggest taking it.
Lithe is also really good. The speed burst from vaults can help you get to better position to help you in chase if you know how to use it well. It's also good in windows with heights. Since you still get the speed boost for a good second or two. After you fall.
Every character has three teachable perks. They can be unlocked on everyone else when said character reaches level 30, 35, and 40.
Dead Hard is David King's level 35 teachable perk, and Sprint Burst is Meg Thomas' level 35 teachable perk.
As you're yellow ranks, keep Technician on until you can hit skill checks the majority of the time. No need be perfect- I have, like, coming up to 3k hours across all accounts and still miss them because I just don't pay attention lmao.
Kindred is one of the best perks for solo, so keep that in there until you feel confident enough to remove it.
Iron Will- keep it. It's a must have, helping to counter one of the strongest killers in the game as well as taking away one of the major forms of a killer's tracking. It's such a good perk.
Self-care, don't. It's a noob trap, and you'll end up wasting more time than you'll save by being healthy. Leaving Iron Will on can help you be comfortable playing injured, which is a key skill to have as a survivor. The comfier you are playing injured, the better chance you have against killers like Plague and Legion.
If you really need a self-heal, the perk Inner Strength from Nancy (unfortunately a licensed character, so you'd need to pay for her) is absolutely amazing! Cleanse a totem to activate the perk. Once active, hide in a locker for 10/9/8 seconds to become healed. It's so good.
Alternatively, try out these medkit combinations, which should all guarantee a slightly-faster 16 second heal.
For clarification, it takes 16 charges for a full heal, so any medkit combination that gives 32 charges gives 2 full heals exactly, provided you miss no skill checks. If skill checks are still an issue, Inner Strength may be the way to go.
In terms of other strong perks, here are my personal recommendations:
With the exception of Decisive Strike, all of these are on base-game characters.
Also, in case you want to farm some more bloodpoints, I suggest We're Gonna Live Forever:
(Also from a free character).
--Little Break--
From reading your post and comment, in my opinion the best build I could suggest is this:
A First Aid Kit (uncommon) with Bandages (common) and Butterfly Tape (common) as your Item and Add-ons. This should guarantee at least one full heal, two if you hit all skillchecks.
With your perks, Iron Will, Kindred, Resilience, and Technician. Iron Will to help you stay comfortable injured and just be a stealthy annoyance. Kindred to help you stay coordinated in solo and know what you need to do what. Resilience is another perk that helps you get more comfortable playing injured- as you'll want to be injured to get the 9% action speed boost. Also, it helps vault speed, which should help you feeling sluggish whilst vaulting. Technician is there for your safetynet until you get better at skill checks, at which point replace it with Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, or Decisive Strike.
I hope I could help :)
EDIT: Just in case you're curious about my usual build, here it is:
Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Iron Will, We're Gonna Live Forever
Deliverance is a great Perk but it is always a gamble. If you get hooked before you save someone, you played down a Perk. It is particularly good in a team you play with regularly. I like to get my save early to activate it, and then work like a dog on Generators. When the time comes, I will get the Killer after me and bury them in some deep corner where the Generators are already done. I want them as far away from everyone else as I can get them. Then I can just wait till they are half way back before I get off the hook. This maximizes your teammates time on whatever Generators (and gates) are remaining. Just lower your expectations; the Perk is not one that is plug and play. You have to practice with it and learn to apply it tactically.
Many solos take it because they don't like relying on their teammates. I understand this logic, but that isn't putting it to the best use. Just remember, if you are going to run it, you are probably going stealth and working your ass off to stay off the Killer radar until after that first save.
Also, to answer your question about Exhaustion, it's a status effect that survivors get. While Exhausted, they cannot use any "Exhaustion" perks, with the sole exception being Adrenaline. Take Lithe for example:
"Lithe cannot be used while Exhausted."
There's an in-game section on Status Effects you can find here:
On page 2
Alternatively the DBD Wiki has helpful entries on them all:
Did you try adding them in-game? I just shut down my pc else I'd try and show you, but you can add people in-game as well as on Steam. If you do so on Steam it'll only show Steam people, however do so in-game and you'll either be directed to their Steam profile or have a cross-platform friend request sent
I just added the name in-game, thank you. The last time I tried to add someone their name didn't show up but I was probably trying it through Steam, I can't recall.
Deliverance is a decent perk. It I will warn using it vs some spirits. in my experience using it vs some spirits I get tunneled to death even with DS. Happened to me 3 times(so far). I have resented vs spirit because of that.
Ooh okay π³ thankyou for letting me know.. spirit's one of my worst killers to go up against for sure.. so this was a big heads up πx
I think that has something to do with the killer player behind Spirit and not the character herself.
Though, tbh, there are a load of problems with her so I'm shocked that's your reason for not liking to face her lol
I totally agree. Itβs HOW the killer plays. A lot of people donβt like spirit for obvious reasons ( itβs like a broken record at this point.). Getting tunneled to death by those 3 spirits put me in a sour mood vs spirits , I get tilted often because of what happened.