Survivor changes
Do you think dbd needs refresh in survivor gameplay I nearly play 99% of killer because survivor gameplay became stale and lame.Do you think adding new features would be good idea maybe something about side objective something fun but effective for both sides, idk how that would affect the balance but some changes on survivor gameplay should be made doing gens and chases becomes lame with time
Comments
I don’t think the devs want to add a second objective. I’d rather they just make maps smaller and improve base gen regression so killers can pressure the map more
They've thrown around the idea of making other objectives which could be cool.
Id love for them to also nerf a lot of meta survivor perks (not from the argument that survivors are OP) but it's hard to imagine using other perks unless they get buffed very aggressively (excessively even) since the meta has mostly stayed the same for years.
While I like the idea of making more perks viable I don’t think this is the way to go. Perks like Bt, Ds and Ub are used because they counter annoying strategies like camping or tunnelling.
If we just nerf these perks killers will be more inclined to adopt these strategies
I think I figured out the reason behind the prominent use of meta perks. It's because it you think about it most, if not all, the survivors meta perks are a direct counter to specific killer strategies. DS for tunneling (supposedly), BT for camping, and Unbreakable for slugging. If you do something with the strategies you can probably do something to perks made to counter them and you could encourage players to use different perks. I'm just mostly assuming so I could be wrong
And that I totally get. I guess it would work better to do a combination of nerfs and buffs.
Let's take BT for example, with the ptb changes there's no reason to not run it in its current state regardless of what is done to other perks. Unless they made something like DS gives multiple stuns regardless of hooks BT will always be ran more. Id be totally fine making some adjustments to survivor basic gameplay to compensate for a BT nerf (like survivors get a 3 or 5 second built in BT, while the perk adds an extra 5 seconds)
Ds is in a good place now imo. I could see maybe changing it (I don't use it now so this may be a thing anyways) Survivor can self care but once they full heal DS deactivates while a partial heal leaves DS still active.
UB is more difficult tbh. Maybe keep as is?
I think DS should work on both hook stages but cancel out during endgame personally
As for BT I’m fine with it currently. They could remove collision for the unhooked though
Yeah id be fine with that for DS
Id also like the same thing for BT as your suggested DS change
The (original one way above) BT change suggestion I think would make other perks more appealing though. Right now it feels like a must have perk and I just don't love that tbh.
Smaller maps wouldn't be good for game I think it would be so easy to pressure gens and survs would have no chance to get remotely 1 escape also that brings less loops for them and windows and pallets I play mainly killer but I don't think survs should be brought into it
the thing is it would just give the killer free map pressure. also the survivors main objective is to survive, i dont know how you would make a 2nd one. the best thing i can think of is collecting lore based paper pieces but that would just make people throw the game
We can keep the same amount of loops and having smaller maps can help with the dead zones. More interaction with the killer is always a good thing too