Flashlight Saves

Now I don't play killer too much but a couple of times recently someone has gone for the flashlight save & absolutely nailed me. I'm blinded, can't see nada for a couple of seconds.

It then clears and I'm still holding the survivor. Kinda felt bad as they had a perfect head on angle to my face.

Is there a bug with this or was the survivor just VERY unlucky?

I was not running anything to combat attempted blindings. I was Myers in Tier 3.

Comments

  • They blinded you too early. The blinding timing is a bit specific, but from what I remember if you blind the killer before they can start moving, even if it's a millisecond too early, the killer will be blinded but wont drop the survivor.

  • He just mistimed the blind, you have to complete it after the killer regains control of their movement.

  • He must have had his timing off, you can't blind too early because then you will not get the save.

    The pick-up animation takes about 3 seconds, it takes 1 second to blind. If you completely blind the killer before the animation is done the killer is blinded but don't drop the survivor.

  • Animation Lock trump's blind or pallet stun.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    They blinded you too early. The blinding timing is a bit specific, but from what I remember if you blind the killer before they can start moving, even if it's a millisecond too early, the killer will be blinded but wont drop the survivor.

    I can confirm this

    Looks like I've got it but no I calculate it for my Internet being bad and it's actually good and then I miss it-

  • luckily getting the flashlight save is not THAT easy, i mean is easy but not that easy as getting the killer blinded randomly, there is an especific time when u start doing the save in order to work but is kinda forgiving, and now even more bcause is easier IMO, u need to start the flashing when the killer starts the second part of the animation, the killer picks the survivors and then slowly gets it to the shoulder in the second half of the animation, when he starts doing the second part is a little bit after the surv is above the killer stomach immediately u start blinding it, if u start earlier u may get the blind but it wont work unless the killer is dumb and keeps looking at the light, this is what happened to you, u started the save earlier or whoever was.

  • I had a game against a Clown yesterday. And I had a mission that I had to blind a killer while he's carrying a survivor, so I just went for a flashlight save. I got it, it was quite easy. But that poor baby got so upset so he started to tunnel me.

    Good thing I brought DS tho, used it and ran him to the killer shack. I looped him for a bit, he threw a bottle. I had to use the shack pallet. And then I realized that there was only 2 gen left. And because Clown is extremely boring and annoying to go against, I didn't bother to waste more pallets on him. I just stood still and let myself die on hook and moved into the next game.

    It's sad that some people are getting so frustrated by such small things. I got 1 flashlight save, that was apparently enough from him to straight up hated me.