How would you rework No One Left Behind?

It's really old and outdated perk that everyone seems to have forgotten about. Including me. Before I had completely forgotten this perk existed.

I was going to do a Reworking Perks post on No One Left Behind but honestly I'm at a lost on how to buff or rework the perk. What are your ideas to change this perk to be better?

Comments

  • No One Left Behind is such an oddball of a perk tbh, I don't even know where to start. Let me try...

    Oh and also, edits are in bold.

    It is inconceivable to leave someone behind.

    • Gain a 30/40/50 % Action Speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other survivors, including yourself.
    • After unhooking a Survivor, the Auras of all other survivors that are not performing actions are revealed to you for 4 seconds.

    No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100 % bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism Category.

    The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

    This pretty much makes it the same as ever without needing to open any exit gates or powering them, but removes the action speed bonus to healing others. It also shows the auras of other survivors not doing generators after unhooking someone, just to make it a teeny bit useful for seeing how well the others are doing. Oh, and it makes the bonus bloodpoints work similarly to BBQ's, as shown in the last sentence. Plus we need more bloodpoint farming perks anyways.

    The healing bonus was kinda pointless and really made it much more packed than Botany Knowledge, so instead of nerfing the action speed bonus I decided to remove the healing speed bonus so that it only benefits the unhook action, but still allows you to unhook survivors quickly.

  • @glitchboi said:

    No One Left Behind is such an oddball of a perk tbh, I don't even know where to start. Let me try...

    Oh and also, edits are in bold.

    It is inconceivable to leave someone behind.

    • Gain a 30/40/50 % Action Speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other survivors, including yourself.
    • After unhooking a Survivor, the Auras of all other survivors that are not performing actions are revealed to you.

    No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100 % bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism Category.

    The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

    This pretty much makes it the same as ever without needing to open any exit gates or powering them, but removes the action speed bonus to healing others. It also shows the auras of other survivors not doing generators after unhooking someone, just to make it a teeny bit useful for seeing how well the others are doing. Oh, and it makes the bonus bloodpoints work similarly to BBQ's, as shown in the last sentence. Plus we need more bloodpoint farming perks anyways.

    The healing bonus was kinda pointless and really made it much more packed than Botany Knowledge, so instead of nerfing the action speed bonus I decided to remove the healing speed bonus so that it only benefits the unhook action, but still allows you to unhook survivors quickly.

    I think I like your idea. So instead of it activating at the endgame It will be active for the full game?

  • No One Left Behind

    Gain a 30/40/50% speed bonus to unhooking other survivors.

    Once the Exit Gates are Powered, the aura of all other survivors are revealed to you, and you gain a 30/40/50% speed bonus to healing survivors.

    No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100% bonus points for actions in the Altruism Category.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145806#Comment_2145806

    I think I like your idea. So instead of it activating at the endgame It will be active for the full game?

    Yep!

  • @glitchboi said:

    No One Left Behind is such an oddball of a perk tbh, I don't even know where to start. Let me try...

    Oh and also, edits are in bold.

    It is inconceivable to leave someone behind.

    • Gain a 30/40/50 % Action Speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other survivors, including yourself.
    • After unhooking a Survivor, the Auras of all other survivors that are not performing actions are revealed to you.

    No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100 % bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism Category.

    The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

    This pretty much makes it the same as ever without needing to open any exit gates or powering them, but removes the action speed bonus to healing others. It also shows the auras of other survivors not doing generators after unhooking someone, just to make it a teeny bit useful for seeing how well the others are doing. Oh, and it makes the bonus bloodpoints work similarly to BBQ's, as shown in the last sentence. Plus we need more bloodpoint farming perks anyways.

    The healing bonus was kinda pointless and really made it much more packed than Botany Knowledge, so instead of nerfing the action speed bonus I decided to remove the healing speed bonus so that it only benefits the unhook action, but still allows you to unhook survivors quickly.

    This would be amazing. I'd love to use this with We'll Make It for fast unhook + fast heal.

    So sad it's current state is only usable during EGC 😭

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145806#Comment_2145806

    This would be amazing. I'd love to use this with We'll Make It for fast unhook + fast heal.

    So sad it's current state is only usable during EGC 😭

    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot that it existed. Which could be why they haven't reworked or buffed it.

  • I use it just fine on my Steve so speak for yourself.

    Community usage numbers are of little value anyway with the amount of skill lacking "gamers" out there making the meta the meta

  • just make it so we don't hv to open gates for it to activate

  • @BioX said:

    I use it just fine on my Steve so speak for yourself.

    Community usage numbers are of little value anyway with the amount of skill lacking "gamers" out there making the meta the meta

    I'm glad you find it useful but it's still really bad. To have to open the gate to get it's effect is just terrible. It needs a buff

    Plus if you buff it it could be used more.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145806#Comment_2145806

    This would be amazing. I'd love to use this with We'll Make It for fast unhook + fast heal.

    So sad it's current state is only usable during EGC 😭

    Huh, I never really thought of how good it'd be with We'll Make It when you also combine it with the aura reading ability it has. That would be a fun build tbh.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146132#Comment_2146132

    I'm glad you find it useful but it's still really bad. To have to open the gate to get it's effect is just terrible. It needs a buff

    Plus if you buff it it could be used more.

    Variation is the spice of life, yes having to have the door open might be a tall order but it's also fairly unique and that makes it fun.

    If you learn first not to play with perks at all (and I heavily.encourage everyone to) every perk becomes much more fun to use including this one.

    Don't let perks determine the outcome of a match, make it more about the players skill, knowledge and.strategy

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146150#Comment_2146150

    Variation is the spice of life, yes having to have the door open might be a tall order but it's also fairly unique and that makes it fun.

    If you learn first not to play with perks at all (and I heavily.encourage everyone to) every perk becomes much more fun to use including this one.

    Don't let perks determine the outcome of a match, make it more about the players skill, knowledge and.strategy

    I like the way you play when it comes to perks. However, just because they're fun to use doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't be buffed/reworked, it's still a very weak perk because you'll probably only get value out of it once in a while.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146167#Comment_2146167

    I like the way you play when it comes to perks. However, just because they're fun to use doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't be buffed/reworked, it's still a very weak perk because you'll probably only get value out of it once in a while.

    but should that not be more how it should be, rather then this garantheed safety net?

    like im super disappointed in the devs upcoming change to "borrowed time", its already such a cheap perk that grants SO much value, it wins games for the players rather then the players themselves.....and now they make it so that even for killers who can hide their terror radius etc just to deal with it does not work anymore, subtle individual knowledge of the game gets nudered yet again.

    Idk about you, but I find it extremely boring and completely the wrong direction for the game.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    It's really old and outdated perk that everyone seems to have forgotten about. Including me. Before I had completely forgotten this perk existed.

    I was going to do a Reworking Perks post on No One Left Behind but honestly I'm at a lost on how to buff or rework the perk. What are your ideas to change this perk to be better?

    I think the bane of this perk is the open-gate condition. With EGC and 99ing gates, you often just don't have the opportunity to get anthing out of this perk. So I think, an easy but impactful change would be to change that very condition and leave the rest as it is (except make BP post-trail):

    It is inconceivable to leave someone behind.

    Once the exit gates are powered, No One Left Behind activates:

    • Gain a 30/40/50 % Action Speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other Survivors.
    • The Auras of all other Survivors are revealed to you.

    No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100 % bonus Bloodpoints in the Altruism Category.

    The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

    With this, it would make a really nice endgame perk for survivors, given that you can deduce the killers actions from the auras of your fellow teammates. It would also activate when the killer closes the hatch (since that powers the gates as well), but you are usually the last one in this scenario. But if two of you got deserted by a teammate with a key, you could still get some use out of it.

  • I would just make it activate once the gates are powered.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146168#Comment_2146168

    but should that not be more how it should be, rather then this garantheed safety net?

    like im super disappointed in the devs upcoming change to "borrowed time", its already such a cheap perk that grants SO much value, it wins games for the players rather then the players themselves.....and now they make it so that even for killers who can hide their terror radius etc just to deal with it does not work anymore, subtle individual knowledge of the game gets nudered yet again.

    Idk about you, but I find it extremely boring and completely the wrong direction for the game.

    I know it feels overboarding, but you gotta agree that camping with GF or Pig in stealth(or insidious bubba) is hard to deal with when your BT will not work bc of the stealth. Sure a range based BT might have been the better idea, but that would still allow "far-away" camping (Huntress hatchets, Spirit / Nurse zooming in after unhook). Applying the effect everytime will give BT counterplay to every camping / tunneling scenario (except multi-hit bubba, ofc). Of course the new BT might enable even more stupid BT-bodyblock plays, not denying that. At least the timer is shorter, now.

    As a side remark, hiding your TR startegically to prevent BT from activating did not work for me more often than not. I had so many occassions where I cloaked as wraith when seeing someone runs to the unhook to prevent BT, only to learn that it somehow still got applied. Same with pig or GF, with every killer triggering theier stealth by power, I had situations where I would have bet I was in time to prevent BT, but I wasn't (bc of the lingering TR after you go stealth, I guess). It just not very consistant, at least for me. So I'm thinking, when it's so hard to use the stealth strategically to prevent BT from activating (to punish bold rescue attempts), and it's way easier to just camp the hooked to prevent BT, than I'm not really mad about the BT change. Punishing BS camps with stealth heavily outweighs the lost "startegic going stealth to prevent BT" for me, which BTW would also not be possible with a range based BT.

  • Just make it work permanently as soon as the Exit Gates are powered, rather than opened then it would be a decent End Game Perk.