If you could improve 3 aspects of this game what would they be
Just a post to ask people what they would improve about dead by daylight, it doesn't have to be large scale game wide changes it can be simple, or niche as a single killer addon I just want to know what 3 things you would change
Here are mine just to start the party
- Change progression so its less grindy, any combination of less perk tiers, and more of a way for players to get what they want would make the game feel much nicer to play all the way from a new players starting to an older player grinding out perks on a character they like
- Link survivor inventory between all survivors and killer offering inventory between all killers
- Change prestiging to not remove anything, keep all perks, addons, and offerings but set the bloodweb back to level 1 with the new prestige
Comments
1) A rework of the gens that replaces holding m1 for 80 seconds with fetching fuel and/or parts to encourage interactions.
2) Reworking the sounds so they actually work and killers can maybe track in chases better.
3) Reworking the pip system so that it actually works, taking into account various advantages and disadvantages, and can be used as a universal win/lose system.
1. Remove killers
2. Remove survivors
3. Remove game from Steam
1. Reduce the gap between SWF and solos. Even if it's little things like letting us see other survivors perks, items and addons when pressing ESC in-game, for example.
2. Introduce a good matchmaking system. I hear about it every now and then but it's never implemented.
3. Slow down on DLCs and focus more on the games health. The Twins release was a complete mess and The Trickster is the worst killer in the game.
4. Reduce rift and bloodweb grind.
5. Buff under used/never used perks like Camaraderie. I bet a bunch of people even forget that perk exists.
6. Let us play KYF by ourselves just to simply explore new maps, practise looping or whatever.
Edit: also I just reread the title but oh well. There's 6 for you.
I love all those suggestions ^^ Especially 2.
Besides your great ideas I would like to see:
- Updated Shrine of Secrets. Have it showcase a character each week and make all their perks available. Their cosmetics could also go on sale when they are being showcased.
- I would like to be able to switch killers in the lobby again. I'm a chill killer and like to play all the killers...however I am only really good with maybe 3 of them. When I get into a lobby and get red flags they are swf death squad I want to switch to a killer I feel confident on. I want to give them a good game and for me to have a fighting chance. Sadly right now when I'm playing a killer im weaker on I dodge these lobbies ;-;
- and last request would be for more legendary skins!
1. Remove SWF.
2. Remove solo queue.
3. Remove the Play As Killer button.
There. The game is now a fun party game in KWF. No balancing needed.
The first one can be addressed but the other two are social constructs so its a little bit harder to fix those just by improving the game
"Ideal world" hypothetical:
More realistic:
1) Every game will now be on either Haddonfield or Dead Dawg Saloon.
2) Gens take 5 minutes to repair
3) Survivors can instantly be mori'd on the ground without being hooked
1) Remove Perk Tiers completely. All perks are earned at their current level 3 power.
2) Unlock all perk slots at level 1 so that newbies can at least slot their teachable from day 1. Unleashed and Kindred are given as a free nuetral perk to all level 1 characters.
3) Increase the struggle points earned TREMENDOUSLY. In fact, consider letting players earn as much as 3000 points if they make it through the entire struggle phase but end up dying anyway. These points are negotiable - the idea is to give survivors who don't suicide on hook something for sticking it out. I picked 3000 points because it's less than surviving but it's still more than triple what you can get now. We need to reward those who don't punk out and suicide on hook
BONUS Give a flat bonus in blood points to whichever side needs more numbers at any given time and advertise this so that players are encouraged to play the side that needs more members.
I know I just think those are three things that would make the game better if they weren't part of the whole dbd experience.
1). I would improve the early game. A lot of people complain gens get done too fast, but making gens take longer to do would be a really bad way of fixing this. Adding some sort of new early game mechanic that keeps survivors from immediately hopping on gens may be a good way to address this. Maybe something that survivors have to find or cleanse to allow them to start working on gens.
2). I would want to address the underused/underpowered perks in the game, give them buffs to try and encourage people to try out different perk loadouts.
3). Killer adept achievements should be made easier. I think it's a little wild that for survivor's to get adept, they just have to escape, but for killers you have to play a perfect game to have a chance at getting the adept achievement. Maybe change it to just getting a 3k or 4k? Maybe somehting different though.
1 have a team work the spegati code that is dbd
2 bug fixes especially if they don no 1
3 general balance
honestly I think the entity displeased noise is just iceing on the you just lost the match cake, its unnecessary
I guess 1 could also be adjusted to add keyboard and mouse support since that also helps bride the gap between platforms
would be nicer for bigger maps to have the same generator spread as the medium and smaller maps so they don't both usually have more to work with but more space to work with
the 3rd one is also interesting I would like to see more strong perks with niche uses or weaker perks with broad uses
So many comments about survivors being able to start doing gens too quickly yet here I am being attacked by killers within fifteen seconds of the match starting...
Yah, I'm not getting it either tbh. I think too many people stress those first two lost gens too much when frankly they just need to look at it as territory they no longer defend. But that's my viewpoint on it.
#2 please,make it happen bhvr!
Teachables are automatically given to every killer/survivor at tier 1 once unlocked (or the removal of tiers entirely).
Tunnel protection base kit. Hooking the same survivor consecutively within x amount of time will not skip to the next hook state but instead resume where it left off.
SWF indicator for killers.
It's weird, when I DO play as a killer I can see that the gennys do sometimes seem to go REALLY fast. Yet in countless survivor games we can go five minutes (and sometimes the entire game, which also lasts five minutes lol) if we're against a really skilled killer.
I think that the gen speed is largely fine, the strange number (little more than a minute, not quite a minute and a half) seems to me to be the result of fine-tuning and not just something arbitrary. I wouldn't want it extended nor shortened. I don't think that either the survivors or the killers need to have extra tasks thrown at them. At this early stage in the game for me (about 250 hours total, some of which are on the Lite and thus not counted, unfortunately) things seem to depend more on skill and strategy than anything, as it should be. I've had all four survivors escape the nurse and all four survivors get killed by The Plague. I may be in the minority but I feel that tweaking should remain with the characters and / or perks, not the gameplay structure.
Though I can also see how random placement can really alter things, such as multiple gens popping at once or killers hooking survivors within the first 30 seconds.
Couldn't number 2 be abused pretty badly to cause immunity?
That's what the consecutively portion is for. Hooking another survivor would completely remove it.
The worst offenders I foresee would be people with it active trying to flashlight/pallet save. Though it wouldn't hurt to make it disappear at an accelerated rate if they do anything on the list of DS actions if it could be abused.
Ok so mine are more of general things that affect other things.
1. Better Optimization across all platforms.
2. Less recolours in the Rift.
3. Better ways to earn Iri Shards and a daily login bonus.
Extra: Free Auric Cells. Probably won't be done, but I'm adding it in anyway.
Frick it im gonna add more:
Thats it for now, i know, a lot of stupid Stuff but thats what i would change
The last Idea actually sounds kinda nice.
1- Close DbD as it is and start working on a newer version with new code that doesn't conflict and create new problems with the old spaghetti code everytime there's an update.
2- Reduce number of perks per character to 1 to facilitate Balance. Reduce add-on tiers for the same purpose. These would reduce the grind aswell sincce there's less things to get.
3- Actually take consumers feedback into consideration instead of putting the community against you first and then do something to fix the issue.
Give survivors a fifth perk slot for exhaustion then
Survivors already have 16 perks.
??? U ok buddy, I assume sarcasm
- Twins (make them stronger but also add more counter play instead of just the pray that the player misses their pounce tech)
- Spirit (actually give survivors some form of feedback)
- Reduce grind in some way