What would you think of the ability to give props or gift shards to people in the endgame.
I got all the killers and all the survivors I want so I don't have a use for shards and sometimes I have games where the survivors/killers were really good sports and I have even had killers give me tips on how to be a better survivor and I would love if I could like gift them 90 shards or something. I think this would also discourage camping/tunneling/generally being toxic as if you play nice there is a much better chance of someone giving you a few shards to help get you're next killer. Maybe even just have it be a give props thing that gives the other person like 3000 extra BP or something.
Comments
Seems a good idea! It's not taking away from anyone else and it's a positive action that may encourage more positive behaviours.
Good suggestion!
Someone will find a way to make it "toxic"
Like "they gave me shards, I don't need your pity" and yeah
I'm for it though
I wish props would do something, so yes please.
Wouldn't even care if SWF could abuse it on themselves.
I mean hopefully it would be something like OW and things where you cant give it to party members but yeah I would really like this in the game TBH.
I wouldn't mind that at all, as unlike the "opposite" idea (avoiding/giving "bad reviews" to people) it genuinely doesn't hurt anyone.
It sounds like a great idea!
but then there will probably be paid BP and shard services from sketchy 3rd parties that will muck things up somehow. Of course, if you limit it to, say, +25K bp and +200 shards at most per game, that would probably keep that stuff from happening.
Now that is a good idea!
And it is not like I would give props to every Freddy player, or anything.Awesome idea
Ditto!
Though, knowing the DBD community, you're definitely right bout that
Well I mean there is only 5 people in a game. Only 4 other players. If you get 90 shards thats a max of 360 shards per game
Not a chance they will implement a way to grind shards fast, it would cut their profits if people with all the DLC just gave their friends shards every game.
The BP thing is interesting though. League does something similar so I don't see why not.
I like the idea of making the props button do something -- especially if you can't give rewards to your own team, to avoid the "All four of us will travel as a group and give each other max rewards for every match" problem.
I don't think it works to let people directly transfer their in-game currency to someone else, though. From the dev side, you don't want to get into a situation where one super dedicated player who's had the game since it came out can just finance a bunch of other players and stop them from putting in the hours on their own.
But, if giving someone props meant giving them 10 extra shards or something, from BHVR's pocket and not the player's, that would be swell.
*Insert killer or survivors* are toxic cuz they gave me 1 shard!!!
REeeeEEeeee
At the moment I could really use some shards, there are a handful of cosmetics I'd like to have but I already spent $50 bucks worth on my favorite ones and I'm not made out of money. Shards come at such a slow rate I have to save them for potentially good perks in the Shrine.
So yeah, I would love something like that. If someone doesn't have a use for their in-game currency it would be awesome of them to share, and of the devs to allow them to share, what they don't need with someone else who can use them. I'm in a similar situation right now: I have dozens of items and offerings that I either never use or don't need because I'm going to prestige a character and lose them all anyway. I'd just as soon leave them in a match for someone else. I've already done that with a couple of items like a loaded map, but doing this one at a time for 50 different things would take forever. I wish I could just donate them.
I also wish there was a functional thumbs up function (or even just an animation) anyway. Why have one that doesn't work?