Changing some of wraith add-ons

Since wraith got buffed, he not as add-on dependent anymore so I wanted to change some of his add-on that i think don't do as much.

blink:

ringing the bell twice temporally cloaks for 2/3/4 second and has a cool down of 30 seconds, you can still hit the survivor whilst the affect is active.

windstorm:

increase the duration of the burst of speed for 0.5/0.10/0.15 seconds and missing a surprise attack will have an increase duration of 0.10/0.20/0.30 seconds

the wrath (replacing the hound):

automatically cloak when a successful surprise score event occur.

blind warrior:

has a 0.20/0.40 seconds delay on the transition out of cloak.

i wanted to make add-ons that affect him outside of cloak to make him more interesting to play for both sides.

would like to have some feedback on it.

Comments

  • I hope you forgot the decimal places for Windstorm because 15 seconds of that speed boost would genuinely give me anxiety

  • The only addons from wraith I want gone is that aura reading and silent bell addon. The rest are fine I think.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I hope you forgot the decimal places for Windstorm because 15 seconds of that speed boost would genuinely give me anxiety

    i fix it.

    thought people would know i meant 0.15 but i may be wrong

    @dspaceman20 said:

    The only addons from wraith I want gone is that aura reading and silent bell addon. The rest are fine I think.

    i agree that the add-ons are fine but it doesn't make wraith more enjoyable and some of his add-ons don't help him as much (blink, blind warrior, and the hound) i disagree that all seeing blood and the coxcomb clapper should be remove as all seeing is fine and doesn't change much in game play, only being most effective where survivors that are hiding near him and coxcomb clapper isn't powerful by itself and if by itself only help by giving no indication to where he is to the survivors

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138460#Comment_2138460

    i fix it.

    thought people would know i meant 0.15 but i may be wrong

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138465#Comment_2138465

    i agree that the add-ons are fine but it doesn't make wraith more enjoyable and some of his add-ons don't help him as much (blink, blind warrior, and the hound) i disagree that all seeing blood and the coxcomb clapper should be remove as all seeing is fine and doesn't change much in game play, only being most effective where survivors that are hiding near him and coxcomb clapper isn't powerful by itself and if by itself only help by giving no indication to where he is to the survivors

    No I had a feeling you were wrong I just had to double check cause honestly I've seen more outrageous suggestions

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138524#Comment_2138524

    No I had a feeling you were wrong I just had to double check cause honestly I've seen more outrageous suggestions

    i would't suggest something that stupid. i want to make add-ons that are fun but not unfair.

    can you gimme any feedback on my changes if you want

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    The only addons from wraith I want gone is that aura reading and silent bell addon. The rest are fine I think.

    300px-Creating_Bugs_Bunny's__No_.jpg

    No

  • I actually already made something like this for all of the weaker addons.

    @Yords said:

    A continuation of fixing killer addons to make them much better. Any addons that I do not change will remain the same.

    I will be explaining each family of addons from the lowest to highest rarity in a nice organized fashion, and from uncommon to very rare. Hope you like it. And as always, feel free to critique or add your own suggestions.

    I might tweak these changes from time to time.

    The bone clapper (uncommon addon) - Upgrade this addon to very rare, it is definitely worth more than an uncommon addon.

    "Blink" addon changes

    ***The affect of these addons stack with each other

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Decreases the range at which survivors can see your shimmer while cloaked by 6 meters

    White (rare):

    • Decreases the range at which survivors can see your shimmer while cloaked by 6 meters
    • Instead of being stunned by a flashlight or firecracker, the Wraith will instead immediately come out of cloak

    So these addons are noticeable garbage. These effects will actually make it do something somewhat useful, mainly the shorter range to see the Wraith's shimmer.

    "Swift hunt" addon buffs

    ***These all can stack on each other

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

    White (rare):

    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.
    • Increases the post-uncloak speed boost duration by .25 seconds.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Decreases the successful attack cooldown when hitting a survivor with a "surprise attack" by 40%.
    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

    The swift hunt addons are currently very underwhelming. You have to use two of these addons to get a decent reduction value in uncloaking. These little buffs will help with this and add more. It will also make sense with the text "swift".

    "Shadow dance" addon buffs

    White (rare):

    • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 40% when cloaked.
    • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 60% when cloaked.
    • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

    The problem with these addons is that they only work when cloaked. It is fun, but not effective. With this buff you should be able to get more value out of it, potentially in a chase. It is still going to be weak though and I am probably going to change this effect.

    "Windstorm" addon buffs

    ***These stack

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 7.5% (its new current speed, just saying the exact speed increase it has now, same for the other windstorm addons)
    • Delays the "whisp" sound when cloaking or uncloaking by 5 seconds.

    White (rare):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 10%
    • Decreases the range at which survivors hear you cloak or uncloak (whispy sound) by 16 meters.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 12.5%.
    • If survivors are within 40 meters when you cloak or uncloak, the fog surrounding them will thicken to the point where you cannot see past 32 meters for 10 seconds.

    I decided to buff the windstorm addons because after their slight nerf, it seems like they just aren't nearly as good. Which is sort of a good thing, but now you have to run two of them to notice any changes in speed.

    "Blind warrior" - Mud addon buff

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Surprise attacks afflict the blindness status effect on a survivor for 80 seconds. The timer starts to go down when you stop chasing them.

    This buff should help a little, and it might make it decent. If you are switching off-targets frequently then you should get some nice value from this addon.

    Ultra rare addon "All seeing" Spirit:
    • When cloaked, the Repair Progression of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.
    • Survivors working on this generator will have their auras revealed for 10 seconds if they get off the generator.

    So this addon is a good one, but it feels just a little underwhelming for an ultra rare. Sure, you can tell what gens are being worked on and how much progress they have, but unless you have pop or ruin you aren't going to get a whole lot of value out of it. Because of that, I decided to give it a slight buff to make it do just a little more.

    After testing it out, this other ultra-rare is pretty good after all. I revoke my change made to it.

    And with that, I come to a close with the addon pass for Wraith's addons. See you in the next one.

    lemme know what you think

  • I think that Wraith went from great, solid character to OP. His bell shouldn't be silent (which in my games it seems to be on a random basis, unless it's something that the killer can control) and he certainly shouldn't be able to read auras. The guy can already zoom around the map at top speed while ######### invisible, that's not powerful enough?

    All I know is that my Wraith games used to feel fair on both sides. Now I face him constantly and everyone loses because he knows right where everyone is and just flies up to them, silently uncloaks, and hits them. Rinse, wash, repeat. Where's the counterplay?

  • @Yords said:

    I actually already made something like this for all of the weaker addons.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241427/buffing-and-changing-the-wraiths-addons

    lemme know what you think

    Blink, windstorm and blind warrior are bad in my opinon.

    Windstorm new affect aren't great and would affect the game as much especially blood

    Blink should be completely change to be a worthwhile add-ons

    Blind warrior should also be change to be better add-ons even tho white is a good add-on, I don't think keeping it has now it is would be great as there could be a better add-on for wraith.

    The swift hunt changes are great I like them.

    The shadow dance changes could really help wraith if the survivor drops the pallet when he came out of cloak so I like the change.

    I Do know where you were going with those changes but I think completely changing them would be for the better (except the two I liked)

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I think that Wraith went from great, solid character to OP. His bell shouldn't be silent (which in my games it seems to be on a random basis, unless it's something that the killer can control) and he certainly shouldn't be able to read auras. The guy can already zoom around the map at top speed while ######### invisible, that's not powerful enough?

    All I know is that my Wraith games used to feel fair on both sides. Now I face him constantly and everyone loses because he knows right where everyone is and just flies up to them, silently uncloaks, and hits them. Rinse, wash, repeat. Where's the counterplay?

    There is counter play, you just need to be aware of where he is and try to gain as much distant from him. You can use vault and fall loops to either gain distant or waste his time.

    If the wraith is good, he might be able to block the window and know if the survivors is worth chasing. He in a good state right now but his add-ons need some changes to them to help wraith in other areas in which he ain't great in (chase).

    The only thing that people have said that is optimal on wraith is the hit and run tactic which I don't like. Which I is ironic considering I made an add-on (the wrath) that could encourages that playstyle and help it but it also help wraith to play aggressively on 1v1 situation (hitting with a surprise attack and being automatically cloak to be able to position yourself quickly after the first hit).