Improving Visionary.

Personally, I do like this perk a lot, but I do want it to be little more distinct from Déjà Vu, or simply using a map or Detectives Hunch.

I think Visionary should also show repair progress (like Wraiths “All Seeing” - Spirit) for any gens within range that have their aura revealed.

This would better help survivors in a chase know which gens to not lead chases to, and which gens should be prioritised.

Comments

  • I like this, this would be a nice buff

  • I think Visionary should guarantee you a map (green) on your first successful chest search

  • Yeah, I have mentioned this before. The perk is just so weak right now, among many others.

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    I like this, this would be a nice buff

    Not just that, but make it way more distinct from other gen perks as well.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think Visionary should guarantee you a map (green) on your first successful chest search

    But why?

    The perk already reveals gens at almost all times.

  • That’s actually a pretty good idea. Visionary right now is so map dependent as it can be useful on indoor maps. This buff could make it more consistent across all maps.

  • @Yords said:

    Yeah, I have mentioned this before. The perk is just so weak right now, among many others.

    I wouldn’t call it weak as a solo player.

    • always, always find gens easily.
    • Quickly “course correct” if I see teammates potentially about to 3 gen us.
    • God send on indoor maps.
    • When in a chase, know where NOT to take chases in case teammates are working on those generators.
  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136967#Comment_2136967

    I wouldn’t call it weak as a solo player.

    • always, always find gens easily.
    • Quickly “course correct” if I see teammates potentially about to 3 gen us.
    • God send on indoor maps.
    • When in a chase, know where NOT to take chases in case teammates are working on those generators.

    This information can be redundant thought if you are paying attention or you are using a map. Bond is better for knowing where not to take the killer as well.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136975#Comment_2136975

    This information can be redundant thought if you are paying attention or you are using a map. Bond is better for knowing where not to take the killer as well.

    Yes, Bond shines best for that, but Visionary still helps serve a similar purpose (if the player isn’t a jerk).

    Also it isn’t feasibly practicable for a player NOT running Bond on say Lery’s or Midwich to keep activating a map MID CHASE to know where they shouldn’t be taking a chase to. Plus once the map has run out, that’s it.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Personally, I do like this perk a lot, but I do want it to be little more distinct from Déjà Vu, or simply using a map or Detectives Hunch.

    I think Visionary should also show repair progress (like Wraiths “All Seeing” - Spirit) for any gens within range that have their aura revealed.

    This would better help survivors in a chase know which gens to not lead chases to, and which gens should be prioritised.

    Good idea for a safe buff. Well done.

  • This would essentially turn Visionary into the generator version of Buckle Up, and that's a good thing. I'm upvoting this so it gets attention, let's hope it gets added!

  • @glitchboi said:

    This would essentially turn Visionary into the generator version of Buckle Up, and that's a good thing. I'm upvoting this so it gets attention, let's hope it gets added!

    Thanks.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think Visionary should guarantee you a map (green) on your first successful chest search

    That would be a hard nerf, since a green map is borderline useless, and is entirely pointless if you have Visionary.

    I think Visionary should get -some- kind of value to gen progression, so I'd suggest the following:

    "After a gen has been regressing for three seconds, its aura changes colour. Starting repairs on such a gen gives you a difficult skill check. Failing it has no consequence, succeeding it grants 1/2/3% progress"

    This would make it a slight regression counter.

  • ...How in the world did OP get banned only today?

  • Thats peculiar a highly active forum member with 4k posts getting banned, now im curious for an answer I will never get

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Personally, I do like this perk a lot, but I do want it to be little more distinct from Déjà Vu, or simply using a map or Detectives Hunch.

    I think Visionary should also show repair progress (like Wraiths “All Seeing” - Spirit) for any gens within range that have their aura revealed.

    This would better help survivors in a chase know which gens to not lead chases to, and which gens should be prioritised.

    An interesting change, would be useful.

    Alternatively, you could go another route with it and make it token-based with no duration limit.

    Start of match you get, say 5 tokens and see 5 generator auras chosen at random, at all times. (3 if 5 is too powerful)

    Each time a survivor is hooked, lose a token and lose a generator aura.

    At all times, you retain the ability to see non-permanent-aura generators within X Meters.


    I think this would give it a little more power early-game that dies off mid to late game.