Swf is fine

I know a lot of killers hate SWF, but me personally. I have been dealing with red ranks swf since I first started playing this game. Yep even when I was still a baby I still went against stacked red/purple rank SWF. The thing is, is that I just dealt with it. The thing is with SWF compared to solo's is just communication, and sure it can be strong, but most SWF groups are just your average players. They aren't good, and in my experience on dealing with them a lot. You can exploit SWF groups pretty easily. They tend to cause more blunders and mistakes then your average solo players. Of course you can come across the 5k+ hour teams, and yes it can be a sweaty game, but that's how you improve as a player. I play very casually, and I don't like sweating, and I have no problem facing these teams as Clown/Trickster out of all killers. Yes they are bound to talk more smack then solo players, but the reason why I got so incredibly good at killer was because I put myself through those SWF groups that came loaded with everything in their advantage. You get so good at exploiting these players that you can pretty much beat them without any problems. Your average SWF group is not some deathsquad. Don't blame your losses because of SWF. It's not that hard to beat these teams, and yes I have gone against quite a bit of deathsquads, and yes I have lost, but those are very rare occurrences.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • When people imply that others are saying SWF is unbeatable that's quite a strawman. Whether they win or lose people like playing a fair game, simple as that. The game is not balanced around SWF, IE not a fair match.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137459#Comment_2137459

    I played with an actual, previously existing friend in this game for one day. Roughly five hours. We chatted through Discord. Most of our commentary was chatting to each other about what we like and dislike about the game, him telling me (as it was my very first play) how the game works, general gameplay mechanics, etc. Beyond that it mostly reacting to each other's heated exclamations, laughing and describing things that just happened, discussing what we thought about various maps as we got them, etc.

    While this is obviously a little different than the "normal" SWF experience, I can speak for the two of us that this would be our regular candor. I've seen the Leroy Jenkins video like anyone else and all I can say is that when I play games with my friends we don't coordinate like we're in an actual war. We goof each other and have fun.

    But that doesn't deny the fact there are SWFs who utilize full potential of voice comms.

    The point is, using voice comms gives you advantages more or less in some degree.

    Some SWFs exploit the full power of voice comms like an army, some SWFs like you and your friends just use voice comms casually without caring winning too much.

    But even with the casual way of using it, it's still more beneficial than not using them at all.

    Like, when your friend gets excited and shouts while being chased, that's already an information which solo ques don't have.

    The amount of advantage you get from voice comms varies, but as long as there are advantages in them, there will be people complaining how voice comms are unfair, because they are actually in a certain degree.

  • @BangBang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138826#Comment_2138826

    But that doesn't deny the fact there are SWFs who utilize full potential of voice comms.

    The point is, using voice comms gives you advantages more or less in some degree.

    Some SWFs exploit the full power of voice comms like an army, some SWFs like you and your friends just use voice comms casually without caring winning too much.

    But even with the casual way of using it, it's still more beneficial than not using them at all.

    Like, when your friend gets excited and shouts while being chased, that's already an information which solo ques don't have.

    The amount of advantage you get from voice comms varies, but as long as there are advantages in them, there will be people complaining how voice comms are unfair, because they are actually in a certain degree.

    I was just giving an example but I know, you're not wrong. Not only were my friend and I likely the exception, not the rule, it's also true that even just reacting to each other's unintentional reactions are giveaways as to where the killer is.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137017#Comment_2137017

    If it's progress, why do we still not have in game comms?

    Why would the Devs worry about putting it in when they already have an official Discord that they encourage people to use? Putting in a comm system will cost time/money - Discord is free. BHVR is a business - no sense in making tools that already exist for your customers to use for free.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I love fighting SWF as it’s great practice for whatever killer I’m playing

    You cant practice Trapper facing 3 OoO

  • I was playing solo and I had a party request. I thought well that's odd none of the invites are from the survivors. So I left it.. turns out the one who sent me inviting me to a party was actually the killer πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


    He asked me at the end of the match why I never accepted his party chat... I'm not in the SWF mate you've got the wrong girl πŸ˜‚ I don't often play swf and prefer to go at it alone, because because can't stand having the tension taken away from the game. Unless I'm genuinely playing with my mates, and we therefore talk about literally anything and everything. Often lose concentration from laughing at their ridiculous jokes and walk straight into bubba πŸ˜‚


    It all depends how experienced you are some get done over massively by the swf, and some killers absolutely ruin the swf... any losing games isn't necessarily down to an swf but YOUR actions you take. Cannot and will not lie to either of you, theres days I've played stupid actions and left myself feeling angry and humiliated because I took stupid actions. Exactly the same as a survivor.... I've not focused well on skill checks and instead of running from that gen and doing another I've stayed at the same one πŸ˜‚

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138258#Comment_2138258

    Why would the Devs worry about putting it in when they already have an official Discord that they encourage people to use? Putting in a comm system will cost time/money - Discord is free. BHVR is a business - no sense in making tools that already exist for your customers to use for free.

    So if you're playing on switch for example, you expect people to just have discord on a tablet/mobile device or a pc??? What a lot of effort for something that is so say supported and encouraged!

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    I know a lot of killers hate SWF, but me personally. I have been dealing with red ranks swf since I first started playing this game. Yep even when I was still a baby I still went against stacked red/purple rank SWF. The thing is, is that I just dealt with it. The thing is with SWF compared to solo's is just communication, and sure it can be strong, but most SWF groups are just your average players. They aren't good, and in my experience on dealing with them a lot. You can exploit SWF groups pretty easily. They tend to cause more blunders and mistakes then your average solo players. Of course you can come across the 5k+ hour teams, and yes it can be a sweaty game, but that's how you improve as a player. I play very casually, and I don't like sweating, and I have no problem facing these teams as Clown/Trickster out of all killers. Yes they are bound to talk more smack then solo players, but the reason why I got so incredibly good at killer was because I put myself through those SWF groups that came loaded with everything in their advantage. You get so good at exploiting these players that you can pretty much beat them without any problems. Your average SWF group is not some deathsquad. Don't blame your losses because of SWF. It's not that hard to beat these teams, and yes I have gone against quite a bit of deathsquads, and yes I have lost, but those are very rare occurrences.

    1/10

    Need more swf in this,

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Is SWF just people playing together or referring to the top tier survivor players?

    Plenty of people play together on comm and are not top tier clicky clicky crouch crouch.

    I'm referring to all SWF groups who use comm's. The majority of them don't use it to abuse the information that they potentially get from it though. Top tier is on a whole other level.

1 2 β€Ί