Killers need a 5th perk slot


comms are essentially a 5th free perk to survivors. It replaces the need for several survivor perks allowing them to maximize their builds with DS, UB, BT, DH instead of wasting slots for aura reading.


So survivors get a 5th perk and killers don't?


We have 5 totems and only 4 perks. We should have 1 perk slot for every totem.


Now I would argue to make this fair the 5th perk should be exclusively a hex only perk. That way the 5th perk can't be a strong perk like corrupt, pop, m&a etc.


And it being a hex perk slot only balances it out because it can get cleansed 30 seconds in the match,


But killers need something if we need to be on the same level or almost the same level of comms. They get essentially a free 5th perk, we should get a 5th perk too.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134634#Comment_2134634

    Play another killer.

    Pressure gens by being good in chase.

    That doesn't work with SWF


    SWF: Killer is chasing me, do gens.


    How do you pressure gens with swf in chase? You don't

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134673#Comment_2134673

    even when I was in green ranks I was getting RED RANKED SWF

    Why do you think this changes what I said?

    I've gone against red ranked SWF streamers while in brown ranks and crushed them. I didn't need to run Stridor Spirit. I ran Stridor Pyramid Head. I didn't even have IAE.

    I'm no god at this game, but I'm willing to actually deal with a challenge.

    Other people being jerks doesn't justify you to be the same. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

    I'm not saying "git gud," but what I'm saying is that if you want a problem to actually be dealt with, you need to make sure that you aren't being hypocritical.


    On a further note, are you okay? Your spelling and argumentative skills seem to be getting a bit lax. It sounds like you're a bit stressed or exhausted. Maybe you should take a break from the forums for a while, and maybe take a nap.

    While I am annoyed at you, I don't want you to be any more stressed than you have to be. This is a friendly argument, not a war of attrition.

    If you think you can keep talking and represent your point to the best of your ability, please tell me. Otherwise, take a moment to make sure that you're okay.

    I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything, but I wanna make sure you're arguing at your very best, especially since your opinion doesn't seem to be very popular...

    Fennec.jpg

    Here's some fennec foxes. Just felt like you needed that.

  • I like how people convinced themselves SWF isn't OP

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    I like how people convinced themselves SWF isn't OP

    No one said they weren't, but countering SWF with OP things on the killer side isn't the way to fix things.

    What we need is to buff Solo queue to be equal to them, and then buff killers to compensate. Preferably in the same patch.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134745#Comment_2134745

    No one said they weren't, but countering SWF with OP things on the killer side isn't the way to fix things.

    What we need is to buff Solo queue to be equal to them, and then buff killers to compensate. Preferably in the same patch.

    killers need to be buffed to match SWF

  • @TrapperU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134090#Comment_2134090

    Buff weaker killers And buff SoloQ to get the lv of info that SWF gets. Do you think it would be fair?

    yeah I would be on board with that.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134691#Comment_2134691

    That doesn't work with SWF

    SWF: Killer is chasing me, do gens.

    How do you pressure gens with swf in chase? You don't

    By being a good killer.

    SWFs don't survive much more than solos on average. You just need to be actually good in a chase.

    aka git gud

    @Peanits said:

    Earlier this week, we asked you what statistics you would like to see. Since then, we have collected data on some of the most popular requests and designed some fancy graphics for them. There are a few things to note:

    • This data does not include the recent PTB.
    • Data involving rank was collected shortly before a rank reset (April 1st to April 7th).
    • These are very general statistics, so use caution before drawing any conclusions.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/719/CPIDC1XE8JBT.jpg

    Average Party Size

    This is the overall average, between all ranks and platforms, of how many other Survivors players are queuing up with. More than half of the total Survivors are playing solo, while only 3-6% are playing in a full Survive With Friends group. This is based on the group size out of the total number of matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/771/II0BH5BS6HP0.jpg

    Party Size Survival Rate

    This is the average chance of Survival per Survivor depending on the size of the Survive With Friends group they are playing in. This is an average between all ranks on all platforms.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/270/X1L1JQEBEOMA.jpg

    Survival Rate by Rank

    This graph shows the average rate of survival per Survivor at any given rank, per platform. Please note: The data collected is using your rank after the match, so players who depipped from rank 1 down to rank 2 would appear as rank 2 for our purposes. This is likely the reason why you'll notice a large gap between the survival rate of rank 1 and rank 2: Players who survived were more likely to pip and maintain their rank, while those who died were more likely to depip and lose their rank.

    This data was also collected between April 1st and April 7th, after the pipping thresholds were originally changed but before they were later tweaked to be more forgiving for Survivors. Because of that, the statistics at this rank are from a small sample size consisting solely of the best players that could maintain rank 1 with the strict pipping conditions.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/198/WJGATDU9GIYC.jpg

    Average Game Length

    This graph shows the average game length at any given rank for each platform. This is the time from the start of the match until the final Survivor either escapes or is sacrificed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/103/8BOLFYNH0D9I.jpg

    Most Popular Killer by Rank

    This chart shows which Killer is the most popular depending on rank, per platform. For example, on PC from rank 1-4, nurse is the most popular Killer, while Hillbilly tends to be more popular from rank 5-12. The highest overall usage for any Killer at a given rank is the Nurse at rank 1, coming in at 22.39%.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/398/4A494UUNC0WZ.jpg

    Highest and Lowest Kill Rates

    This chart shows the deadliest (yellow) and least deadly (red) Killers per platform. These stats are an average for all ranks. Since there are four Survivors, a 50% kill rate equates to two Survivors escaping and two Survivors dying.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/928/2YVQMEWUS0KN.jpg

    Most Used Perks (Survivor)

    This chart shows the most popular Survivor perks based on rank ranges between all platforms. We decided not to display ranks 13-20 as they tend to be more random (newer, lower ranked players tend to use whichever perks they have rather than picking what they want specifically). The numbers displayed are the percentage that perk is used of all perks used at that rank.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/781/T8VE1J9V3G07.jpg

    Most Used Perks (Killer)

    This chart shows the most popular Killer perks based on rank ranges between all platforms. Like the Survivor perks above, we decided not to show ranks 13-20. The number displayed are a percentage of the total perks used at that rank range.

    Is there something that confuses you? Maybe you'd like to know a more precise number on one of these stats? I'll be doing a live Q&A in the official Dead by Daylight Discord server tomorrow at 2PM EST.

    If you are not in the Official Discord server, you can join here: https://discord.gg/549m9NT

    The Q&A will take place in the #game-discussion channel.


  • I think having a 5th Perk slot would be an absolute balancing nightmare personally. Plus some perks would probably need to be nerfed as run in a massive group of them could make things incredibly overpowered.

    I'd also say, that in order to keep the balance you'd have to give Survivors the same extra perk - and again, that could make for some horrifically strong builds.

    It's very very rare to see an unbeatable SWF squad, I've had one in months. And many, many killers play in Red Ranks (although imo Rank is not important as it's pretty much playtime) and regularly 4k their matches regardless of what killer character they are playing. We have plenty of killers on this forum who main characters other than Spirit or Nurse (and stream their games, yes I do stalk your channels :) ), Clown, Legion etc and they do incredibly well with those characters when others might not consider them "viable".

    The truth of the matter is, if you're good with a character you will do well with them. I am absolutely awful with Nurse for example and can't land a decent blink because I don't put the time into her that I would need to, but I love M1 killers and do very well playing Wraith (even before his lil buff). They just suit my playstyle well. There's also players such as Scorpionz who's an absolutely incredible Pig main (also plays a lot of other killers) and is permanently red ranks and permanently does well in his matches - giving him an extra perk slot would be a yikes, as he demolishes now...without slowdown perks as well.

    I think what a lot of people don't appreciate about DbD is that there is a learning curve on both sides.

  • @Yords said:

    Okay but just imagine spirit with stridor, thrilling, sloppy, ruin, and undying

    or nurse with infectious, knock out, BBQ, corrupt, and sloppy

    Killers don't need a 5th perk slot.

    The 5th slot would be hex only fix your nurse build and try again

  • As a matter of fact, I did!

    If you play him correctly Trickster can succeed in red ranks. He isn't even bad, he's just outclassed and made obsolete by Huntress and Slinger,.

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134206#Comment_2134206

    The 5th slot would be hex only fix your nurse build and try again

    Infectious, BBQ, undying, ruin, and corrupt

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134367#Comment_2134367

    And DH and BT.

    Also, on an actual note, Monstrous Shrine should be basekit.

    That way basement has a purpose other than for killers to camp the hell out of it

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136033#Comment_2136033

    As a matter of fact, I did!

    If you play him correctly Trickster can succeed in red ranks. He isn't even bad, he's just outclassed and made obsolete by Huntress and Slinger,.

    So why not just play huntress and slinger? Better killers, they are more fun to play, they arent useless characters. I see no reason how trickster is any kind of viable unless you are tunneling and camping. Also a character shouldnt be obsolete within the first month of it being out.

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136040#Comment_2136040

    So why not just play huntress and slinger? Better killers, they are more fun to play, they arent useless characters. I see no reason how trickster is any kind of viable unless you are tunneling and camping

    Because for some reason that I can't explain I find more fun in stabbing a survivor repeatedly than being precise.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136050#Comment_2136050

    Because for some reason that I can't explain I find more fun in stabbing a survivor repeatedly than being precise.

    Fair enough

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136050#Comment_2136050

    Because for some reason that I can't explain I find more fun in stabbing a survivor repeatedly than being precise.

    It's much more cathartic that way.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2134061#Comment_2134061

    Red rank kill rate with rank-based matchmaking has been ~70% for years. At high rank all killers are viable and almost all of them are actually overperforming.

    If you feel that very high skill matches are survivor-sided, though, that's totally possible. Still, there probably won't be any good data out there to support or contradict this until MMR is live and performing well. It's also entirely irrelevant in public matches so long as matchmaking is rank-based.

    trapper is viable and over performing?


    lol k

  • I want to know if these stats account for suicide and DC


    suicides and DC should not count for kill rate it's messing up the stats

  • @Mandy said:

    I think having a 5th Perk slot would be an absolute balancing nightmare personally. Plus some perks would probably need to be nerfed as run in a massive group of them could make things incredibly overpowered.

    I'd also say, that in order to keep the balance you'd have to give Survivors the same extra perk - and again, that could make for some horrifically strong builds.

    It's very very rare to see an unbeatable SWF squad, I've had one in months. And many, many killers play in Red Ranks (although imo Rank is not important as it's pretty much playtime) and regularly 4k their matches regardless of what killer character they are playing. We have plenty of killers on this forum who main characters other than Spirit or Nurse (and stream their games, yes I do stalk your channels :) ), Clown, Legion etc and they do incredibly well with those characters when others might not consider them "viable".

    The truth of the matter is, if you're good with a character you will do well with them. I am absolutely awful with Nurse for example and can't land a decent blink because I don't put the time into her that I would need to, but I love M1 killers and do very well playing Wraith (even before his lil buff). They just suit my playstyle well. There's also players such as Scorpionz who's an absolutely incredible Pig main (also plays a lot of other killers) and is permanently red ranks and permanently does well in his matches - giving him an extra perk slot would be a yikes, as he demolishes now...without slowdown perks as well.

    I think what a lot of people don't appreciate about DbD is that there is a learning curve on both sides.

    but survivors already have an "extra perk" it's called comms


    Killers can't compete with that kind of advantage survivors have

  • Ahem If you're reading this, Lord_Tony posts are basically just troll posts XD best of luck.

  • @sleepywynd said:

    Ahem If you're reading this, Lord_Tony posts are basically just troll posts XD best of luck.

    They really aren't though. He's actually being serious.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2136031#Comment_2136031

    but survivors already have an "extra perk" it's called comms

    Killers can't compete with that kind of advantage survivors have

    I really would suggest playing Survivor some time and playing with your friends, because most of the survivor friends that I know, and that I play against are just there having fun with each other, and they will troll each other as much as possible. For example, my friend told me the killer was Bubba, a few seconds later I got yoinked off a gen by a Wraith - that's pretty common with SWF.

    Also SWF are way more altruistic than regular solo survivors in my experience and want to be involved in the match, and will make saves, take hits - spending a lot less time on gens. That's a lot more fun to play against than 4 separate survivors playing hide n seek around a map.

    Also, a lot less people are playing in SWF than players think. Just because you get beaten by 4 players doesn't mean they're playing together, just that the players want to join in the match and know how to play it to have that fun out of it...so many times playing solo, we've been accused of being SWF just because we played as a team.

    It's all about becoming more experienced as a player, and to anyone, I would suggest playing both sides so you understand more about how the game plays out and that way you learn a lot about your own mistakes.

  • I don't agree with a 5th perk slot. The balance issues is that solos are too easy to beat, and swfs are just a smidge too coordinated. I would include a proximity chat to even the coordination playing field some and then buff all killers in some way, like base kit deerstalker or something small

1 2 ›