Free cosmetics
So some of you may disagree which is ok we're all entitled to our opinions but I for one would like some free cosmetics given out for some survivors and killers they don't have to be anything fancy but I find that when I'm playing and i want to use a different cosmetic I have limited choice and I refuse to purchase them unless they are with shards it would be nice if in an update we got a cosmetic or a few just as a we appreciate you sticking with our game despite our many bugs.
Comments
Cosmetics are the main way that DBD makes revenue, so its incredibly unlikely for them to be given out for free, especially the ones in the Store. Also, it'd be really damn unfair if someone spends 1080 cells on a cosmetic only to have it/part of it given for free with no refund (as under the EULA there's no obligation to refund), so they'd stop buying cosmetics and wait till they're inevitably given out for free and lose BHVR a massive amount of revenue.
I'm not saying they should give out already in store cosmetics maybe just a quick new one here and there would suffice
They have done that for events. 4 sweaters became free for Christmas
Sorry, the last bit confused me.
They already do this one for events though so...
Spirit, Zarina, and Adam got some this lunar new year. Elodie, Felix, Zarina, and Cheryl got them for Christmas 2020.
They do give some stuff for free, the Rift has a free section with a few cosmetics, sometimes with certain events they also release free stuff, usually Halloween and Christmas events and the anniversary usually has free stuff too.
Yea I guess that's true call me picky tho I don't like event cosmetics I think they're kinda tacky I personally like the normal clothing like t shirts, jeans and hoodies lol oh well I can dream
Like I said to goodboykaru I think event cosmetics are tacky but guess I'm just fussy lol
Yeah, they are quite tacky but the Rift ones are recolors of other cosmetics, this last rift was the exception since we got the christmas mobile cosmetics but other rifts have been much better like Clown's plushy outfit among other ones.
I mean you can save shards and buy them like that, most cosmetics are free if you put it that way.
Getting cosmetics with iridescent shards is 'free', it just requires a little investment.
The colour swaps of the basic cosmetics are pretty cheap in terms of cells or shards.
But I could agree that having at least two colour options for a characters basic outfit as default would be fair.
I disagree on free cosmetics, but wholeheartedly agree that cosmetics in the store are generally too tacky, weird, and different.
Like, maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer Felix just wearing a suit with a matching tie and a vest; maybe a nice overcoat for those chilly German winters. Or Yun-Jin in some simple and comfy casual wear.
As opposed to Felix in bright orange full skiing gear with goggles and a hat or Yun-Jin in her crazy turquoise sequin dress.
Like I don't hate the more interesting outfits (Yun-Jin's crazy dress looks great IMO, and Ace's holiday suit is honestly one of the best things in DbD).
But it'd really nice to see more stuff like lazy hoodie Dwight or jeans and buttoned shirt Kate, rather than having to guess what kind of weird clown suit BHVR are going to stuff Jake or Nea into next.