Your Perfect RE Chapter

  • If BHVR wasn’t BHVR
  • Assuming BHVR would put more time and money into the RE Chapter specifically...
  • Assuming BHVR had been making this deal behind the scenes for over two years (giving them that ample time)

and

  • Assuming BHVR would release this chapter without broken mechanics and an assortment of new bugs...

Describe to me your perfect RE chapter. You can be as ‘to the point’ or descriptive as you want to be. I’m not familiar with the series so...explain it to me with that perspective.

Doesn’t matter to me if your perfect chapter includes crazy ideas or impossible standards. Even joke answers are fine. I’m mostly curious from the RE fans, who actually had a million possible scenarios enter their mind, to the announcement of a RE chapter. I felt nothing...so, I’m trying to build a personal hype for myself through this topic~

Make me excited about a RE chapter please.

Comments

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130421#Comment_2130421

    I was one of the people who went back and laugh because the OP of that post was one of the people who would put down other people for having hopes of characters. I agree it is always ok to have opinions on what they believe, but they kept putting people down for simply wanting or hoping for a character and they insisted they were right and they would never be added. I saw it as karma for them being so mean towards others hopes so I went back to the post.

    Oh, that what was happening? I'm sorry I didn't know, that part, its a big ass post and I kinda forgot some of the lines. See now I can kinda, relate, I have actually been shut down for wanting Jack Baker, or even Springtrap. Again Sorry I misinterpretted

  • @Dabihwow said:

    @Cornpopers_Evan , its fine, I am also one of those people who want Springtrap in DBD, and I recieved just as much if not more hate than I did for wanting Jack Baker. The desire to see Nemesis or Mr.X is just flatout crazy, and chaotic. Not for the fact that people want either those two, but the fact people will go great lengths to ensure that the idea of them coming in is set in stone. Even to the point of spewing BS over stuff they can't actually do in both the RE lore or DBDs' gameplay mechanic. I found a post a while back of a guy who shared his opinion of why Nemesis or Pennywise wouldn't actually work in DBD, not naming but people gave him/her so much ######### they didn't return after posting it. I recently saw the post pop up again, after RE was announced to be the next Chapter, and people laughed at them and even mocked the OP for thinking of such things, literally the first post I saw of that discussion after so long, was just lolling the ######### out of the user.

    I was rightfully pissed, its one thing to disagree with someone, but its something else entirely to continue to harass someone on an opinion they had months ago. Even if they contradicted their own words you still don't get to harass someone period!

    Oh, I also REALLY want Springtrap added eventually as well. I think he’d be a incredibly unique pick that could play off of people’s fear of animatronics like how Clown does. I know some people are going to want to throttle me for saying this but, Springtrap is actually in my top 4 most wanted licensed chapters for DBD! :)

    I haven’t heard or seen the post you’re referring to put, that sounds downright awful and those people should be ashamed of themselves for that. You should also NEVER try and set something in stone that just isn’t. As much as I want and hope for Nemesis, I will NOT sit here and say “yup, Nemesis is 99.9% confirmed and every other opinion or counter argument is bunk because he’s basically already in, just gotta wait for the announcement.” First, that’s quite arrogant and second, that’s doing nothing but setting yourself up to be disappointed. For all we could know, the RE killer could be a Licker, a Hunter or even, just a zombie.... that’s it, just as simple as that, a zombie. So yeah, that’s why I refuse to believe that anything is “set in stone”.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130421#Comment_2130421

    Oh, I also REALLY want Springtrap added eventually as well. I think he’d be a incredibly unique pick that could play off of people’s fear of animatronics like how Clown does. I know some people are going to want to throttle me for saying this but, Springtrap is actually in my top 4 most wanted licensed chapters for DBD! :)

    I haven’t heard or seen the post you’re referring to put, that sounds downright awful and those people should be ashamed of themselves for that. You should also NEVER try and set something in stone that just isn’t. As much as I want and hope for Nemesis, I will NOT sit here and say “yup, Nemesis is 99.9% confirmed and every other opinion or counter argument is bunk because he’s basically already in, just gotta wait for the announcement.” First, that’s quite arrogant and second, that’s doing nothing but setting yourself up to be disappointed. For all we could know, the RE killer could be a Licker, a Hunter or even, just a zombie.... that’s it, just as simple as that, a zombie. So yeah, that’s why I refuse to believe that anything is “set in stone”.

    I think people just need to get their head out of their asses sometimes you know, My expectations are a little bit higher than yours but thats because I want this chapter to be good

  • Having just finished RE1 yesterday for the first time, I do hope they pick Spencer Mansion or the Police Department from 2 as the map and Jill as the survivor.

    Assuming they're going to do the Silent Hill thing where they pull from something from each game in the original trilogy, I'm hoping for RPD, Jill + Chris, and Nemesis. I'm expecting the Mansion, Leon + Claire, and Nemesis though.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128884#Comment_2128884

    Sorry, I should have clarified that I also like the remakes that they've done so far. 7 isn't really to my taste though, the fact that it doesn't really have any links to ANY of the games before it kind of put me off. Again, it's a good game, it just doesn't feel like Resident Evil to me.

    I don't like first person Resident Evil. That's not Resident Evil to me. You've gotta have the changing camera angles or over-the-shoulder.

  • This had more replies then I was expecting. I’ll have to dig through this later...and cherry pick the most interesting bits and do a lil RE research.

    Maybe I’ll just try and watch some lore vids to better understand RE.

    I did skim through some quotes on the first page from (Jack?). He sounded like a fun character.

    oh, thanks for the replies. God I hope BHVR makes this chapter a banger.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130588#Comment_2130588

    I don't like first person Resident Evil. That's not Resident Evil to me. You've gotta have the changing camera angles or over-the-shoulder.

    I completely agree, one of the scariest things about the earlier Resident Evil games was hearing enemies but not being able to see them.

  • Dual Survivors of Leob and Claire, Killer is Mr X or a Licker (Imagine a Slinger/Demo hybrid), map is RCPD, Demo gets a Licker skin (Licker is best monster so if not Killer let me somewhat dream), and some of the Survivors gets a Wolfpack skin (Operation: Racoon City remains one of my favorite games)

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    This had more replies then I was expecting. I’ll have to dig through this later...and cherry pick the most interesting bits and do a lil RE research.

    Maybe I’ll just try and watch some lore vids to better understand RE.

    I did skim through some quotes on the first page from (Jack?). He sounded like a fun character.

    oh, thanks for the replies. God I hope BHVR makes this chapter a banger.

    Yeah, that was Jack alright. He's one hell of a character. He's very condescending and sarcastic as he hunts you down.

    "I'm an old man, son. You can't take on an old man?" - Jack Baker

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130628#Comment_2130628

    Oh, that what was happening? I'm sorry I didn't know, that part, its a big ass post and I kinda forgot some of the lines. See now I can kinda, relate, I have actually been shut down for wanting Jack Baker, or even Springtrap. Again Sorry I misinterpretted

    Oh its no problem and I totally understand that, I have been a supporter for springtrap too, and i would die to see Jack Baker but it's sad seeing people so hostile towards even the idea of Nemesis sometimes.

  • Map: Streets of Raccoon City or Rockfort Island which is actually a pretty darn cool location.

    Survivors: Jill and Leon

    Killer: Nemesis, Birkin or Mr. X.

    Legendary Skins: The options are kind of endless. Hoping for a Brad "Chickenheart" Vickers skin though I'd be shocked if we saw one.

    As long as its classic Resident Evil though im good really. Im just happy RE is being added in general.

  • Lady dimitrescu, leon, and jill valentine please.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130740#Comment_2130740

    Oh its no problem and I totally understand that, I have been a supporter for springtrap too, and i would die to see Jack Baker but it's sad seeing people so hostile towards even the idea of Nemesis sometimes.

    For me its the other way around, people have been hostile towards me for not wanting Nemesis, and Wanting Jack Baker. I get that Nemesis is iconic but I sometimes truggle to see how he would work while still holding true to the RE lore, all the more while make his gameplay workable, fun, and strong

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131132#Comment_2131132

    For me its the other way around, people have been hostile towards me for not wanting Nemesis, and Wanting Jack Baker. I get that Nemesis is iconic but I sometimes truggle to see how he would work while still holding true to the RE lore, all the more while make his gameplay workable, fun, and strong

    I feel the same way, Nemesis is iconic and a legend for sure but Jack Baker is like built for DBD. There is a great video by the Lore Guy, Pixel Bush, talking about wanting Jack Baker more than the tyrants and I fully agree

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131168#Comment_2131168

    I feel the same way, Nemesis is iconic and a legend for sure but Jack Baker is like built for DBD. There is a great video by the Lore Guy, Pixel Bush, talking about wanting Jack Baker more than the tyrants and I fully agree

    I'll look at it

1 2 ›