SOLO BUFF IDEA - NERF NOED

As the years go by, you would think that I would get use to Noed... but no. It only gets more obnoxious.

Great. Small Game is getting a buff. I don't want to see that argument here at all bc map items have ALWAYS existed.

Noed is just wanna those perks that when it works, it's usually because of unfair match making to begin with. Why as a rank 1 am I getting rank 18? Noed is going to inflate Skill Based MMR because killers who aren't good during the match are landing kills with insta-downs. Why should they be the same skill as someone who gets kills without Noed?

And when it doesn't work, it is giving an expert killer even more POWER and SPEED after the survivors just endured a bloodbath. The whole thing feels like kicking us when were down. Mostly I don't like the way Noed is hidden until you are downed. The more I think about it. Killer's who don't even run Noed are getting the benefit of survivors wasting time cleansing because we are guessing. That's so bizarre. This mechanic is just too convoluted.


***If Noed revealed itself as soon as the generators were powered almost all its shortcomings could be balanced***

Comments

  • I support re-working NOED, but Small Game's Totem Counter buff really should eliminate NOED problems for anyone who worries about it.

  • @TAG said:

    I support re-working NOED, but Small Game's Totem Counter buff really should eliminate NOED problems for anyone who worries about it.

    Oh my... that's embarrassing... cringe. You did not read my post. I said I did not want to hear about Small Game because MAPS have always existed. You act like that buff brought us something that we didn't already have.

  • Even if NOED revealed itself when activating automatically, it wouldn't solve the main problem which is solo queue. It is also a really badly designed perk.

  • @Spill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124470#Comment_2124470

    Oh my... that's embarrassing... cringe. You did not read my post. I said I did not want to hear about Small Game because MAPS have always existed. You act like that buff brought us something that we didn't already have.

    It's more cringe that survivors refuse to run perks such as small game, detective's hunch with map to counter totems, and yet crying about it

  • @Spill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124470#Comment_2124470

    Oh my... that's embarrassing... cringe. You did not read my post. I said I did not want to hear about Small Game because MAPS have always existed. You act like that buff brought us something that we didn't already have.

    I read your post. You not wanting to hear about Small Game does not invalidate that Small Game basically takes care of your problem now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126852#Comment_2126852

    I don't think eliminating a valid counter-argument, just because you don't wanna hear it, does you any service :D Maps have existed, yes. Now Small Game exists and it's very useful to counter NOED. Use these tools available to you to deal with NOED if you're having issues with it.

    I'm pretty sure Devs have stated that MMR wouldn't work only on kills/escapes, so NOED wouldn't carry you up in matchmaking. Same way it does not carry you up in ranks. It's little to no help in earning emblem score.

    Getting matched against complete beginners as rank 1 is wrong and I frankly have no idea why it's a thing. But since you're a skilled player and the killer is a baby, you should have plenty of time to cleanse the totems, right? When an expert killer runs it, they're probably tired of losing to all the survivors' 2nd chance perks. That's what NOED is, a 2nd chance perk for the killer that activates when you're losing.

    BT and DS work in a similar way. Even when not equipped, the killer is aware of their existence and is encouraged to respect them. NOED is like that. Be aware of it and prevent it with smart game-play. Just for the record, I don't think it's a brilliantly designed perk. I just don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be.

    2 people who both wanna talk about Small Game and other perks. No feedback on my actual proposed change. Which is the smallest micro change in the world. I doubt they even read that far.


    Noed gives the killer time FINDING, time cleansing, Insta-downs, and a speed buff.


    My change affects NONE of that. Yet they comment like I asked to remove Noed. This guy literally goes on a tangent about kills wont be the only thing MMR tracks... Dude obviously.... Why did you even waste your breath thinking you were revealing some hidden information? Yes BT and DS give second chances. Where again did I say remove noed?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126852#Comment_2126852

    I read your post. You not wanting to hear about Small Game does not invalidate that Small Game basically takes care of your problem now.

    The problem is that solo survivors are forced to run Small Game to know when they should stop doing bones, unlike without it, ALL survivors would need to search the map (usually a guaranteed win for decent killers due to the amount of time wasted), every corner and crack to count how many totems are destroyed and confirm that the perk is deactivated. Here's the kicker, you can't scout it like other perks such as Brutal Strength where you can tell that the killer has it, therefore meaning survivors have to assume the killer is running it even if the killer isn't. So essentially, the killer gets a free perk that slows down the game.

    Let's look at the survivor's equivalent, more balanced, Decisive Strike, which I'd believe is a great comparison after the recent change. Killers aren't forced to run a perk to counter Decisive Strike, but before it was balanced, killers had to use Enduring which wasn't fair game yet Small Game for No One Escapes Death is apparently fair game. Above all else, although rarely, killers could ignore DS if there is no obsession because that means there's no obsession perk being used and with DS being an obsession perk, you can rule out that no one has it. NOED, like I said previously, is completely hidden as it doesn't give away any clues, but imagine if it did rarely, I can guarantee that wouldn't be acceptable either.


    Anyways, until the NOED becomes solo queue friendly, I'm not going to agree with people saying it's balanced due to the fact it's existence is purely there to screw over solo survivors. Rework the perk, do something, you can compensate by buffing it but it's not fair for solos to suffer due to the reasoning I said above. The perk shouldn't be OP against solos and pathetic against SWF, rework it to balance it on both ends.

    If anyone has counter arguments, quote me and I'll shoot them down because I memorized by heart of all the things people try to say to justify NOED being a solo queue destroyer.

    Sorry, this is something that really bothers me, my apologies if I come out harsh. πŸ˜…β€

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127264#Comment_2127264

    The problem is that solo survivors are forced to run Small Game to know when they should stop doing bones, unlike without it, ALL survivors would need to search the map (usually a guaranteed win for decent killers due to the amount of time wasted), every corner and crack to count how many totems are destroyed and confirm that the perk is deactivated. Here's the kicker, you can't scout it like other perks such as Brutal Strength where you can tell that the killer has it, therefore meaning survivors have to assume the killer is running it even if the killer isn't. So essentially, the killer gets a free perk that slows down the game.

    Let's look at the survivor's equivalent, more balanced, Decisive Strike, which I'd believe is a great comparison after the recent change. Killers aren't forced to run a perk to counter Decisive Strike, but before it was balanced, killers had to use Enduring which wasn't fair game yet Small Game for No One Escapes Death is apparently fair game. Above all else, although rarely, killers could ignore DS if there is no obsession because that means there's no obsession perk being used and with DS being an obsession perk, you can rule out that no one has it. NOED, like I said previously, is completely hidden as it doesn't give away any clues, but imagine if it did rarely, I can guarantee that wouldn't be acceptable either.

    Anyways, until the NOED becomes solo queue friendly, I'm not going to agree with people saying it's balanced due to the fact it's existence is purely there to screw over solo survivors. Rework the perk, do something, you can compensate by buffing it but it's not fair for solos to suffer due to the reasoning I said above. The perk shouldn't be OP against solos and pathetic against SWF, rework it to balance it on both ends.

    If anyone has counter arguments, quote me and I'll shoot them down because I memorized by heart of all the things people try to say to justify NOED being a solo queue destroyer.

    Sorry, this is something that really bothers me, my apologies if I come out harsh. πŸ˜…β€

    Honestly, at this point, I'd say either NOED bothers someone enough for them to run Small Game (or Detective's Hunch and/or a Map), or it doesn't because either they're counting on someone else to bring one of those perks or they're willing to simply play through it.

    As for Killer getting a free perk that slows down the game, I'm okay with that.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130139#Comment_2130139

    Honestly, at this point, I'd say either NOED bothers someone enough for them to run Small Game (or Detective's Hunch and/or a Map), or it doesn't because either they're counting on someone else to bring one of those perks or they're willing to simply play through it.

    As for Killer getting a free perk that slows down the game, I'm okay with that.

    I don't think you understand my point.

    Survivors shouldn't be forced to run perks, items, nor add-ons to counter something that the killer could potentially be using. There should be natural counterplay and sure, do bones, but how exactly can you know when the perk is deactivated without throwing the game.

    Even if you THREW the game by checking the entire map for bones, wasting a lot of time, how would your teammates know when to stop looking for bones? They might be wasting their time for nothing, heck, they you might be doing this for NOTHING if the killer isn't using the perk. This basically guarantees a win against half-decent killers and that's not fair for solos. It's also not fair that SWF can just breeze through NOED as well, the perk has serious flaws and should be looked at.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130195#Comment_2130195

    I don't think you understand my point.

    Survivors shouldn't be forced to run perks, items, nor add-ons to counter something that the killer could potentially be using. There should be natural counterplay and sure, do bones, but how exactly can you know when the perk is deactivated without throwing the game.

    Even if you THREW the game by checking the entire map for bones, wasting a lot of time, how would your teammates know when to stop looking for bones? They might be wasting their time for nothing, heck, they you might be doing this for NOTHING if the killer isn't using the perk. This basically guarantees a win against half-decent killers and that's not fair for solos. It's also not fair that SWF can just breeze through NOED as well, the perk has serious flaws and should be looked at.

    You're not forced to, though. You aren't that disadvantaged if the Killer brings NOED and Survivors don't have a totem seeking tool on-hand. And I say this as someone who supports re-working NOED.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131472#Comment_2131472

    You're not forced to, though. You aren't that disadvantaged if the Killer brings NOED and Survivors don't have a totem seeking tool on-hand. And I say this as someone who supports re-working NOED.

    I'd say solo survivors are at a major disadvantage because cleansing all bones is complicated. This is so problematic for solo survivors that they often rush generators because disabling NOED causes more problems than it solves, most of the time. Killers mistake this as survivors being lazy, but really, they don't see the full picture because this is the smartest thing a group of solos can do.


    If I'd to rework the perk, there's two options:

    • Totem counter is general information that all survivors have access to, BUT all hex perks are greatly compensated.
    • Make the perk tied to the amount of generators completed. [Hex β€” No One Escapes Death: Each generator that gets complicated, receive a token. For every token in your possession, gain a 2% haste effect and decrease the survivor's cleansing speed by 3%/4%/5%. Once all generators have been completed, survivors are exposed.]
  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131543#Comment_2131543

    I'd say solo survivors are at a major disadvantage because cleansing all bones is complicated. This is so problematic for solo survivors that they often rush generators because disabling NOED causes more problems than it solves, most of the time. Killers mistake this as survivors being lazy, but really, they don't see the full picture because this is the smartest thing a group of solos can do.

    If I'd to rework the perk, there's two options:

    • Totem counter is general information that all survivors have access to, BUT all hex perks are greatly compensated.
    • Make the perk tied to the amount of generators completed. [Hex β€” No One Escapes Death: Each generator that gets complicated, receive a token. For every token in your possession, gain a 2% haste effect and decrease the survivor's cleansing speed by 3%/4%/5%. Once all generators have been completed, survivors are exposed.]

    I disagree. I don't think NOED constitutes a "major disadvantage", personally.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131655#Comment_2131655

    I disagree. I don't think NOED constitutes a "major disadvantage", personally.

    I believe it does when the entire team of solos can potentially waste the entire game deactivating the perk (giving the killer more than enough time to win) or force survivors to ignore it (explained in a previous comment). Either way, the killer is guaranteed to get a lot of value from it, even if they aren't using it (unless survivors take the risk and rush generators).

    Don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of games where we deactivated the perk, but those are rare and far in between for solo groups.


    Anyways, as for the other ideas I suggested, thoughts?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131672#Comment_2131672

    I believe it does when the entire team of solos can potentially waste the entire game deactivating the perk (giving the killer more than enough time to win) or force survivors to ignore it (explained in a previous comment). Either way, the killer is guaranteed to get a lot of value from it, even if they aren't using it (unless survivors take the risk and rush generators).

    Don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of games where we deactivated the perk, but those are rare and far in between for solo groups.

    Anyways, as for the other ideas I suggested, thoughts?

    The way I see it, it only really earns the Killer one potential kill during the endgame unless Survivors decide to be overly altruistic. That's not "a major disadvantage" in my book.

    I'm of the opinion that Hex perks are fundamentally flawed balance-wise and should be re-balanced around the idea of NOT being Hex perks, so I'm hard pressed to have too much of an opinion on ideas that simply try to deal with Hex perks as they currently are.

  • nerf SWF then if you want noed nerfed.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then if you want noed nerfed.

    Doesn't work, you're essentially punishing people for wanting to play together.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131903#Comment_2131903

    Doesn't work, you're essentially punishing people for wanting to play together.

    SWF rushing gens is why NOED is a thing


    solos are more likely to do bones


    just do bones

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2132161#Comment_2132161

    SWF rushing gens is why NOED is a thing

    solos are more likely to do bones

    just do bones

    Solos are most definitely not more likely to do bones, do you have proof of this?

    A solo team cannot just do bones, this has already been explained several times in the past. If you want to go do all of the totems by yourself, you will spend most of the match being a useless teammate. And what happens if the killer doesn't have NOED or any hex perk? You just wasted all the time in the world on nothing.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2132161#Comment_2132161

    SWF rushing gens is why NOED is a thing

    solos are more likely to do bones

    just do bones

    @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127264#Comment_2127264

    The problem is that solo survivors are forced to run Small Game to know when they should stop doing bones, unlike without it, ALL survivors would need to search the map (usually a guaranteed win for decent killers due to the amount of time wasted), every corner and crack to count how many totems are destroyed and confirm that the perk is deactivated. Here's the kicker, you can't scout it like other perks such as Brutal Strength where you can tell that the killer has it, therefore meaning survivors have to assume the killer is running it even if the killer isn't. So essentially, the killer gets a free perk that slows down the game.

    Let's look at the survivor's equivalent, more balanced, Decisive Strike, which I'd believe is a great comparison after the recent change. Killers aren't forced to run a perk to counter Decisive Strike, but before it was balanced, killers had to use Enduring which wasn't fair game yet Small Game for No One Escapes Death is apparently fair game. Above all else, although rarely, killers could ignore DS if there is no obsession because that means there's no obsession perk being used and with DS being an obsession perk, you can rule out that no one has it. NOED, like I said previously, is completely hidden as it doesn't give away any clues, but imagine if it did rarely, I can guarantee that wouldn't be acceptable either.

    Anyways, until the NOED becomes solo queue friendly, I'm not going to agree with people saying it's balanced due to the fact it's existence is purely there to screw over solo survivors. Rework the perk, do something, you can compensate by buffing it but it's not fair for solos to suffer due to the reasoning I said above. The perk shouldn't be OP against solos and pathetic against SWF, rework it to balance it on both ends.

    If anyone has counter arguments, quote me and I'll shoot them down because I memorized by heart of all the things people try to say to justify NOED being a solo queue destroyer.

    Sorry, this is something that really bothers me, my apologies if I come out harsh. πŸ˜…β€

    Read my quote above πŸ‘

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130195#Comment_2130195

    I don't think you understand my point.

    Survivors shouldn't be forced to run perks, items, nor add-ons to counter something that the killer could potentially be using. There should be natural counterplay and sure, do bones, but how exactly can you know when the perk is deactivated without throwing the game.

    Even if you THREW the game by checking the entire map for bones, wasting a lot of time, how would your teammates know when to stop looking for bones? They might be wasting their time for nothing, heck, they you might be doing this for NOTHING if the killer isn't using the perk. This basically guarantees a win against half-decent killers and that's not fair for solos. It's also not fair that SWF can just breeze through NOED as well, the perk has serious flaws and should be looked at.

    Perks counter perks, that's simply how this game works.

    Iron Will and Stridor.

    Aura perks and Distortion.

    Infectious Fright and Calm Spirit.

    Mad Grit and Boil Over.

    Hexes and Small Game.

    If every perk has to be 100% counterable without perks, then perks are going to be very bland.


    Also, I think it's funny that looking for totems is considered "throwing the game" but people have no problem demanding that killers avoid low hanging fruit like people unhooked right in front of them in he name of 'playing fair' and not camping/tunnelling.

    Not going for the easy down is "throwing the game" for the killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @Yords

    you will spend most of the match being a useless teammate. And what happens if the killer doesn't have NOED or any hex perk? You just wasted all the time in the world on nothing.

    Nothing?

    Every single dull totem gives you 1000 points upon cleansing (and 1500 por a hexed one)!

    and preventing killers from benefit not only of NOED, but any other hex they could bring to the match is nothing to you?

    As long as survivors doesn't destroy a single totem (let alone all five of them) and use excuses like:

    "it's boring"

    "it's a waste of time"

    "They are hard to find"

    "I'm chased 100% of the match so no time to do'em"

    "nobody do them"

    "Any perk to find totems is a waste of a slot I prefer "DS" or (insert the name of another second chance perk here)" despite DS being a single use on the entire match and both totem finding perks are userful for other things too! but they are trash d'accord all main survivors

    the killers will continue to use NOED, because it will continue to work for them!

    Nobody is forcing you to spend the entire match doing only bones, what a smart survivor would do is: destroy a totem for every gen sucesfully repaired or just as one single gen remains to be repaired, devote yourself to find totems, at that point you can leave to your teammates said gen and be a hero to your team by preventing NOED

    But of course, you think that coming to the forum and ask for changes/nerfs/elimination of NOED is more productive than using the tools the game already provide for this specific issue!

    Me being a "useless teammate" and getting "absolutely nothing" for destroying all 5 totems by myself:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y22SNQGMGEFX/20191213165643-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Q9AJUB1A0BF6/20201118131650-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COCYKZKT0VD2/20190731014025-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LRDVLFSSFMVU/20191128234741-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HDDFDVZY1WCN/20180809013004-1.jpg

    Now obviously you want to cleanse a totem like devour hope or ruin + undying, but you don't really want to just go for the dull totems. Sure, you will get 1000 extra points per totem. 5000 points is laughable considering it takes you about 50 - 60 thousand bloodpoints to grab everything from a bloodweb if you are max level.

    When it comes to cleansing dull totems, I don't think that your solo team is very reliable. I would be willing to bet that there is a small portion of survivors that do cleanse totems, and even then they are probably only doing it to activate inner strength. Sometimes, you can't really cleanse totems either

    And to be fair, you are playing around the lower ranks, the lower ranks have a much higher chance of the killer bringing NOED. High ranking killers almost never run NOED either.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131472#Comment_2131472

    Perks counter perks, that's simply how this game works.

    Iron Will and Stridor.

    Aura perks and Distortion.

    Infectious Fright and Calm Spirit.

    Mad Grit and Boil Over.

    Hexes and Small Game.

    If every perk has to be 100% counterable without perks, then perks are going to be very bland.

    Also, I think it's funny that looking for totems is considered "throwing the game" but people have no problem demanding that killers avoid low hanging fruit like people unhooked right in front of them in he name of 'playing fair' and not camping/tunnelling.

    Not going for the easy down is "throwing the game" for the killer.

    Perks shouldn't counter solo queue specifically when they are already suffering as it is, everyone knows that. Until anti-solo-queue perks get balanced, I have to disagree with everything you have mentioned.

    In a perfect world where solo queue and SWF were balanced together, I'd agree, but this isn't reality yet, and it's probably not going to anytime soon based on the developer's history with closing that gap.

  • im okay with noed :) cleanse totems. run small game. I don’t need to run small game to cleanse all 5 totems and do the gens to counter noed, but you clearly do.