How would you guys feel if the dev's focused their energy on custom games?
What I mean by this is, how would you feel if for maybe a chapter or a midchapter instead of buffing/nerfing/reworking some things the devs instead added more things to custom games, like 2v8, 4v16 and more control over the game like being able to change how many pallets are on a map, what loops show up, perks numerical values (Ex: Sprint burst makes you run at 999% speed for 10 seconds, etc), how fast characters move, and more?
Personally I think it'd be pretty great and would breathe some new life into the game. At its core DBD is a casual game and I feel like an update to custom games would bring many new players to game and even veterans. Plus, if they do decide to do something like this it would even help competitive DBD as you would be able to balance the game to be more fair.
What do you guys think?
Also nearly forgot to ask, but if the dev's did add an update to custom games like this to the game, would you care about the bugs that come along with it or do you think it'll be worth it?
Comments
I'd love to turn off the looping altogether. As a new player it's an aspect of the game I didn't expect and I find it to be the antithesis of fun regardless of which side I'm on.
The ability to do things such as turn off certain features, block certain players from being matched with me, choose the map rotation I get, disable or enable only the killers I want to face, etc. (while being COMPLETELY impossible, I get that) would, in an ideal world, make this game far more fun to me than any new chapter ever could. I love it, but there's a lot that I wish I didn't have to deal with.
Seriously, I've said this SO many times and I would love it. I've always wanted DBD to get true custom lobbies. Being able to adjust the amount of killers and survivors or even being able to play by yourself to test things out. Also, being able to disable structures on the map like the jungle gyms and disabling pallets so you can experiment the game without them.
Hell, in the future, after they do this, they could allow you to adjust AI for killer/survivor bots.
Devs, you added the new UI to add new features. This is your chance!
We really just need something to get people interested in playing custom games. Me and about 3 of my friends like playing customs. Everyone else is too busy getting bp and challenges done.
Games with Workshop compatability, custom games, servers & lobbies often live the longest.
In my opinion, BHVR doesn't have a lot to lose by investing time in this front. Not only will the community create content that helps keep the game thriving, but people who pick up DBD just for the custom content will need to buy cosmetics with real money, because they wont be earning shard through pubs.
If they could make the core physics of the game actually consistently work first, that'd be awesome.
A one off large map with 2 v 8 sounds fun though
What do you refer to when you say that you and your friends play customs?
If we manage to get 5 or 6 people, we play customs. That entails using pretty much any build and any items/add-ons. Unfortunately, most of my friends never want to play customs or will stop playing it as soon as I join them.