I'm still trying to find out why they nerfed Freddy's pallets
Like bruh what was strong about his pallets?
Like bruh what was strong about his pallets?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There isn't a reason.
Same thing with Billy's overheat mechanic. Same thing with Freddy's first nerf one week after his release. Same thing with Twins and their new, unexplainable nerf. And the list goes on...
what was strong about it was replacing pallets that were dropped, so when a survivor that is solo/not apart of swf heads to that side of the map & is not aware the pallets have been dropped, it’s problematic. you can say “just pay attention to what pallets are up before you’re asleep” but - A) what if you start asleep? B) what if you’re new & don’t even know where pallets are supposed to spawn to begin with? C) what if the survivor runs to that side of the map for the first time that match, how do they possibly know the pallets were dropped? Yes, you can wake up, but you can’t while you’re in chase which usually happens after he hits you & puts you to sleep.
I say all this, but keep in mind, I’m a Freddy/Doctor main. I don’t think Freddy needed a nerf at all. he isn’t strong. he’s a normal m1 killer with a little extra features. I just think survivors never complain about what is actually annoying about him - aka PALLET FREDDY. Slowdown Freddy? Do gens. Snare Freddy? not a problem. go around the snare. I actually feel like the only thing that needed changes was the pallets. Didn’t need to touch snares at all. Snare Freddy is always an easy win for me as survivor. Pallet Freddy is an easy loss.
Your point doesn't really stand since docs' fake pallets are basically the same and they didn't get nerfed.
they just make Freddy into a territorial killer ya the pallets are bad but they aren't that strong the snares were 10x better
It's not exactly much of a nerf. I don't think I remember ever putting down his maximum number of pallets.
They aren't the same. You do not have to interact with doc's pallets to reveal them. Doc's can divert a survivor, but they will not slow them down with the pallet dropping animation. You can tell Doc's pallets from normal ones by looking out for wood splinters from the broken pallet.
It might seem like I'm splitting hairs, but the differences add up and they make a big difference in how you play around each killer.
Because like a few select people I have met, devs think it is a good idea to go based soley on statistics at times and therefore they don't understand the reasons why killers have high or low kill rates.
I would bet this is the main reason.
Lmao, you actually are trolling.
I’m still trying to figure out why they nerfed hillbilly
I find it odd as well.
I agreed with every other change they intend to implement, but touching pallets shocked the hell out of me.
Because those are different. Not only will they sometimes be used pallets, which we all know a killer is going to destroy ASAP, but because you will not need to stop and interact with them, leading to a hit that COULD have been avoided. And because those fake pallets will only be an annoyance if you are in Madness 3, which you can remove WITHOUT needing to traverse the whole map. Oh, and you also don't go to Madness 3 unless the killer uses his power onto you ACTIVELY, as opposed to getting asleep passively against Freddy. As you can see, no, those are two quite different things.
Purely because the devs have no actual idea what made freddy good, all they see is him averaging 3 kills not even looking at the hooks etc. Just the kills and thought oh best nerf a bunch of stuff. Like seriously when people complain about his addons that slowed actions by 1% like #########, freddy has only ever been good and I mean really good when you had the ole undying stacked with ruin and tinkerer. That's it, freddy isn't op just bad survivors as usual.
They seemed to mostly just to a nerf on him as a whole (other than teleport) in hopes of reducing his kill rate. It doesn't feel like a very thought out nerf and they just threw everything they could to weaken him. He got overly nerfed imo (he wasn't thattt bad to begin with imo) but he could have used a nerf. Now I don't see a lot of reason to use him. It would be one thing to encourage people to play differently with him by doing something like nerf his pool spamming but buff his pallets but instead they just did almost all penalties on him which makes him at best do about the same stuff but less effective or not a good choice to use anymore. I'd put him in bottom 5 killers now honestly since he doesn't really do anything better than other killers besides teleport to gens (which many killers could do similar things). Nerfing him is totally fine but at least give him something he is better at.
-his chase game is a lot weaker with slower pool set up and less pools
-he can't defend in general nearly as well due to less traps, addon nerfs, BT nerf (although this was needed), and clocks giving sleeping immunity which nullifies most of Freddy's addons and tools
-he can't set up much beyond a single gen due to lack of many traps
-pallets still aren't very useful besides a single time generally
-his new addons aren't good. Hearing survivors louder isn't much of a change and black box you are giving up a lot to use and you may not even get to use it due to keys
I see him being used much less and don't see much reason for people to use him when other kills have better trap game, better chase game, better time wasting, and comparable mobility
Almo said his dream pallets were more powerful than his snares, so here we are.
Yeah, I don't get this either. Limiting the snares, I can see, because people spam the snares during chase, but you don't really spam pallets and they require set-up ahead of the chase, so... was it really oppressive to have 10?
I kind of see it like the Soul Guard nerf - it won't really impact most people except in certain situations where it wasn't even necessary, just overkill.
Nah, the pallet nerf isn't that big of a deal. Going from 10 to 7 is honestly whatever. The add on nerf is what made me go ❔❔❔. Making... grunts of pain... and... footsteps... louder...??? seems pretty darn useless lmaooo
Like Forever Freddy was super annoying, but I genuinely think the add on nerfs are weird as hell. Just seems so lazy to make survivors louder for Freddy LOL, like??? Why would he care??? He already has an easier time spotting survivors due to the outline and how the realm looks different in the Dream World, so I really don't see how making their footsteps louder is worthy of being a PURPLE ADD ON
Ok, let's be fair. Freddy is a very good killer and performs really well, even without the R/U/T meta (which was TOXICCCC to go against lmaoo). I'm not the best killer but when I'm matched with survivors equal to my skill level as killer (I can handle red rank survivors individually but a full team of very skilled ones is really tough- a mixture of reds and purples is usually OK), I can very easily 12 hook (or 11 hook since I like to give the hatch) WITHOUT playing scummy, bringing NOED, or using meta perks (no gen slowdown or regression, no BBQ, etc.- I am waiting for cross progression from Switch to get all the perks I've unlocked on my killers there!). I imagine it would be even easier if I had access to Ruin, Corrupt, Pop, etc.
He may not be good enough to play against a super sweat tournament team (although Otz DOES have an older video where he used Freddy to completely shut down an Object team that kicked his butt a few months before he got the rematch against them) but as far as pubs go, he's more than just good.
I think Freddy will still be really decent even with the number nerfs because you only really need, like, 2 snares to get a hit in a chase on a pallet that you otherwise wouldn't get a hit on. The big nerf with the snares is the movement speed debuff as he places them- that's honestly one of the biggest nerfs to him IMO (aside from add on nerfs, maybe- and the BT nerf although I think that one was 1000000% necessary)
The number one thing that makes him stand out above other killers to me is his unparalleled ability to apply pressure across the entire map within seconds of hooking someone. They didn't take that away from him, so he will stay one of my favorites to play as. Being able to hook a survivor in a corner and then teleport to a gen across the entire map that you KNOW people are working on is just too good. I know from playing a lot of survivor that having to go for that corner unhook is also a big waste of time for survivors, too
Even then id rather have no pallet awareness over insta snare "press m2 to close loop" freddy. Pallet Freddy is kinda fun and at least his power is original.