Has anyone got hit through pallets after the patch?

I've got hit a couple times they did fix the pallet stuns but I'm still sometimes getting hit through some that shouldn't hit at all.

Comments

  • Yes, they only fixed certain instances of it. It certainly isn't completely fixed.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    It's a latency thing, the killer's screen will show where he and you are. Your screen will show where you and he are. Both of your clients have their own idea, and so does the server. Guess which one counts?

    Hits aren't as janky as they appear.

    I'm sorry but no, hit's like this did not happen until Trickster appeared

    https://twitter.com/Wholesampai/status/1383146671329091587?s=20

    This needs to be fixed, stop trying to excuse it for latency, things like this shouldn't happen.

  • @PxloriodTy said:

    I've got hit a couple times they did fix the pallet stuns but I'm still sometimes getting hit through some that shouldn't hit at all.

    You would have still gotten hit.

    If you get hit over a pallet it's because the hit registered before the stun trigger, if the stun trigger registers first they just hit the pallet and get pushed back. The bug just makes the stun itself not happen.

    There is some latency involved too which doesn't help. The latency is more like in the above clip, where the pallet sound happened but the hit happened after by like a few milliseconds, but on the killer screen he still would have hit you like over the pallet visually, but the sounds would have been inversed because he hit before the pallet did on his screen.


    It looks a lot worse visually than it actually is, but yeah it definitely needs to be fixed regardless, killers should be getting stunned it makes it harder to get away after taking the hit if they aren't.


    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    It's a latency thing, the killer's screen will show where he and you are. Your screen will show where you and he are. Both of your clients have their own idea, and so does the server. Guess which one counts?

    Hits aren't as janky as they appear.

    It's not latency it's a bug with stun triggers.

    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    It's the same illusion that makes people think Freddy has a longer lunge than other killers.

    That is also incorrect those are entirely different things.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121223#Comment_2121223

    Yes, they DID happen before and they still do. Especially in spirit's case when she yeets out of phasing. She was hit in animation, this one doesn't even look bad.

    What do you mean it doens't look bad? Try listening with audio on, she doesn't swing until the entire pallet is dropped.

    Getting hit while the pallet is dropping I'm fine with, killers swinging after a whole pallet has dropped that the killer wasn't even close enough to get stunned by is ridiculous.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121228#Comment_2121228

    This! My favorite is when survivors are juuuust about to finish a window vault and vacuum into the killer's hand during a grab animation because the game counts that survivor as "right on top of the vault" Until the animation is completely finished. Those actually look really funny until you know what's going on

    I mean your not wrong about that, but the bug is legitimately not latency oriented it's just an actual bug that occurs.

    Latency can make it seem worse than it is, but you can literally be directly hit by a stun, not even talking trades just a pallet slammed right on your head- and it just shoves you back like 2 feet and does nothing.

    it's a bug, the devs have confirmed as much as well.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121234#Comment_2121234

    This will look more normal to you when you understand the frames of both spirit, the pallet dropping and this animation. She still gets hit here, and a tiny little bit of latency doesn't help better.

    DBD runs really well for how much crap we give it, try playing HSH or some other game with actually weird hits then talk.

    I have 5500 hours in the game, I know how hits work, this isn't normal.

  • It's not latency, I've been the killer and gotten bs hits where I literally look at the survivor and apologize. It's totally bugged

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    It's a latency thing, the killer's screen will show where he and you are. Your screen will show where you and he are. Both of your clients have their own idea, and so does the server. Guess which one counts?

    Hits aren't as janky as they appear.

    I can definitely say they are. As a killer i can still sometimes hit someone after they drop the pallet and the pallet doesn't actually stun me, when it clearly should have. Other times i can be super far from the pallet and get stunned for some reason. They still seem pretty buggy.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121238#Comment_2121238

    I have 5500 hours in the game, I know how hits work, this isn't normal.

    Yeah I am not going to argue with them it's a waste of time.

    It is a bug, I ask that others don't spread misinformation about it being latency; and that's all I am going to say about that.

  • No, but I haven't really played much in the last few days and before then I was mostly playing Trickster, who doesn't play pallets like that.

    I think I got a weird hit as Huntress, but I'm not a Huntress main. It could have just been how the game works.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Still happening to me.

  • Getting hit through the pallets is more of a latency thing and has been around in high frequency since dedicated servers. You can only really hope for good enough ping by both players so you can drop a pallet before they hit you or so the stun registers properly before the latency makes their hit also register

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121271#Comment_2121271

    it isn't just a pallet thing, it happens this way with some really edge case fast vaults, clown's gas, plague's puke and doctor's shocks.

    Preaching the the choir, I am all knowing, and already know that all of these edge cases already existed, I simply kept my answer within the confines of the question being asked which was about getting hit through pallet stuns. As to not overwhelm op

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121234#Comment_2121234

    This will look more normal to you when you understand the frames of both spirit, the pallet dropping and this animation. She still gets hit here, and a tiny little bit of latency doesn't help better.

    DBD runs really well for how much crap we give it, try playing HSH or some other game with actually weird hits then talk.

    Yes, they do still get hit here. Which is the entire problem.

    Listen to the audio: the pallet is pulled down, hits the wall, THEN Spirit attacks and gets a hit in. Meaning that the attack phased through the pallet. And even IF that were somehow normal, it means, by definition, that Spirit was under the pallet, but she did not get stunned.

    Maybe you can run a very flimsy defense for the hit registering which everyone will probably laugh at you for, but there is no way for Spirit to get the hit in, but not get stunned.

    Unless they hotfixed Spirit to be a ranged killer.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121285#Comment_2121285

    Not being stunned is a different issue and latency could potentially even explain that ignoring the pallet stun thing.

    Spirit basically is a ranged killer coming out of stealth, she has a very long lunge, especially with the benefit of addons (and spirit's addons are AMAZING btw)

    You can have her be hit by spirit in animation and for that hit not to register and become apparant on the player's screen until not only the pallet is thrown but she moved on from that spot. Latency can do that, and even in a patch where pallets worked perfectly (which she still gets hit here despite the stun), you can have spirit's hitbox register and the pallet which is just finishing drop, the part before the first bounce block her path after the hit has already been confirmed. There is a window where spirit, moving very fast can enter into the pallet's range, after stun frames (and latency can mess with that too) fast enough to get collision but not a stun check.

    Try watching the video again, you honestly think you know everything but had you watched the video you'd see she never even phases, stop excusing this bs dude.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Yep still getting hit by pallets and killers are still avoiding stuns. The patch has barely made any difference.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121323#Comment_2121323

    This isn't even a spirit / pig / wraith thing. Any killer hits laurie there. If you're a 5500 hour surv you must be super immersed and not participate in chases too much because there are 100 hour survs that wouldn't bat an eye at this

    The character that gets hit is Elodie.

    You can keep moving the goalpost as much as you like, you're flat out wrong, and I play more killer than survivor these days but pretending these hits are the norm is laughable.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121344#Comment_2121344

    You can say I am wrong but the facts speak for themselves. Keep misplaying loops and getting hit I guess.

    Ping and latency recognition is a skill and both survivors and killers are very good at it, at least some of us.

    It's part of the game so adapt or just get out classed.

    I mean, you are wrong, you don't even know which character was injured lmao.


    "Hey survivors, here's this tool we designed to protect you from hits, don't worry it's totally normal for you to drop the pallet entirely, have the killer swing at the already dropped pallet and hit you on the other side, that's just normal things don't worry".

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121344#Comment_2121344

    You can say I am wrong but the facts speak for themselves. Keep misplaying loops and getting hit I guess.

    Ping and latency recognition is a skill and both survivors and killers are very good at it, at least some of us.

    It's part of the game so adapt or just get out classed.

    You really need to find a new game if you think latency is 'just part of the game' and people need to 'git gud' in regards to it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121357#Comment_2121357

    yes, it's a tool and resource you can use to try and protect yourself from hits. You also have to use it successfully. Just looks like spirit outplayed with a precise hit to me. The pallet wasn't already dropped. Hit frames and stun frames are different. Don't believe me? Look at the video because the facts speak for themselves.

    What do you mean the pallet wasn't already dropped? LISTEN TO THE VIDEO. You hear the pallet hit the wall, and then you hear the spirit swing after the whole pallet was dropped, you must have 10 hours in this game.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121366#Comment_2121366

    I am a devotion 11 killer main who plays a few hours every day and had survivors finish all 5 generators exactly one time in the last 7 and a half months. I think I know more about hits than you do.

    Funny how you can be so wrong about them then, weird.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121380#Comment_2121380

    Again the facts speak for themselves. She was hit case closed.

    Your intelligence is on another level dude congratulations, you must be a killer main if you deduced that Elodie (Not Laurie) was hit.

  • Yes I'm still getting hit through pallets. This patch did literally nothing.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Pallets are still broken, I played about 6 straight hours of trapper after the patch and hit people through pallets. Not as the pallet was dropped, but once the pallet was clearly thrown and down, slapped someone through it. Also it’s still very hard to get stunned as well, just doesn’t register for me half the time.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121388#Comment_2121388

    It's less of a deduction and more of an observation however. Notice the scream and health state. Facts speak for themselves type deal.

    Makes me wish I had a recording of the Oni I faced yesterday, who was literally charging sideways, and at one point hit a Jane who was behind a wall, while the Oni was facing the opposite direction.

    But, you know, the game doesn't have errors, since you can just factor in the 800ms delays and the game's miscalculations that makes the Oni play like Nurse and Spirit had a baby that did literally all of the cocaine.

  • Hits through pallet stuns were always possible and is a valid mechanic. The issue is whether or not the stun goes through.

    If the killer lunges before the pallet is dropped, they should get their hit.

    If the survivor drops the pallet as the killer is lunging, they should get their stun.

    Both can happen at the same time.

    The stun bug is that killers weren't getting stunned, at all. It has nothing to do with hit validation, which is often a latency issue.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243851/has-anyone-got-hit-through-pallets-after-the-patch

    You would have still gotten hit.

    If you get hit over a pallet it's because the hit registered before the stun trigger, if the stun trigger registers first they just hit the pallet and get pushed back. The bug just makes the stun itself not happen.

    There is some latency involved too which doesn't help. The latency is more like in the above clip, where the pallet sound happened but the hit happened after by like a few milliseconds, but on the killer screen he still would have hit you like over the pallet visually, but the sounds would have been inversed because he hit before the pallet did on his screen.

    It looks a lot worse visually than it actually is, but yeah it definitely needs to be fixed regardless, killers should be getting stunned it makes it harder to get away after taking the hit if they aren't.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121216#Comment_2121216

    It's not latency it's a bug with stun triggers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121218#Comment_2121218

    That is also incorrect those are entirely different things.

    Unless you have the same footage from the killers perspective, it's impossible to say.

    They could have had latency, in which case on their screen, that Elodie would have been hit at the exact moment the pallet went down, instead of 2 seconds after like it seemed on your screen.

    In which case, that would be a latency issue.

  • Yeah I got hit around 5 times like that yesterday. Pallet already dropped, Killer lunged and still got the hit.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121240#Comment_2121240

    There are survivors with 5500 hours in this game that don't look behind them in chase and think self care sprint burst is better than dead hard iron will. That by itself doesn't help your case.

    This is within the realm of normalcy and it's something both sides generally learn to play around well before 5500 hours, depending on the lobby, ping and your feel for a player's latency

    To the OP the bug hasn't been fixed 👍 I've been hit and hit a survivor with the bug.

    There are a very, very few select instances before the trickster came out where a killer would hit you after the pallet was fully dropped. But these only happened once in a blue moon and it was in games where the ping was extremely high or the killer was lag switching.

    Currently they are bugged where a game, where it hasn't had any lag at all, can have you get hit through a pallet that you've already dropped. It's very common now if you don't pre-drop pallets. It's like the hitbox bug from 2 months ago, but on pallets now basically.

    If everybody who has played this game more than 3000 hours is saying it's a bug and so are the devs then you have to admit it's a bug. If you really really believe you right and some how everyone is wrong then your just trolling. Either way I don't see any reason to say much more on the topic.

    Sorry to you @SenzuDuck for trying to explain this so much lol

  • I feel like there's a more prominent issue with latency/lag after the update. I've hit people through pallets and also been stunned when I've cleared the pallet area on a chase.

    There's also a weird delay when a survivor starts to run. It's like they move really slow & then really fast for a few seconds before the speed normalises during a chase.

    I've also noticed that when you down survivors that it sometimes glitches the location you down them and they either appear like 10 foot ahead or behind you which is really annoying. That's been happening since I started playing about 6 weeks ago.

‹ 1 2