Console Huntress is kind of a joke

You have too much sensitivity on your basic attacks, but too little when you're aiming with hatchets. I've started using STBFL on her because that's how unreliable point-blank hatchets, or should I say hatchets in general, have become.

I put iridescent head on her, and all it did was even the playing field. There were still so many matches where it was close, or the survivors straight-up escaped. Can't down anybody if you can't hit them. So these upcoming nerfs that are gonna limit the iri heads to one are going to make her unplayable on console. A joystick is so hard to aim with on Huntress, you PC overlords, so don't tell me I'm stretching the truth.

Deathslinger is somewhat fine to play, because his shots come out and connect almost instantly. Huntress's hatchets actually have to travel, so she's just as bad as Trickster on console, minus the dumb recoil he had. And then you throw in the classic killer problems: no-sound survivors, misleading scratch marks, can't see survivors who are crouching in front of you, survivors are gifted the latency advantage, 5 gens are done effortlessly.

I'm not even getting to use my ability in half these matches. You miss more than you hit, and that's not even going for crazy shots all the time. The game doesn't give you easy window hits because the hatchet hits the window seal for some reason. Tons of loops that Huntress can't throw over, in almost every map.

"But I'm a rank 1 Huntress and I get 4ks EZ all the time." Sure buddy. It's totally not the game gifting you potato survivors all the time. If there's 2 or more survivors in the match who know how to actually play against Huntress, you're done.

These Huntress reworks are gonna be garbage. They're either gonna make her broken, because of the projectile speed add-ons, or maybe not and she's gonna stay garbage.

For people who place Huntress at A and S tier (lmao), why isn't she played in tournament? 🤔 I've felt absolutely powerless in 90% of these matches, and it didn't matter how bad or good I played.

And don't call me Sluzzy just because you disagree with my opinion, because that's how people are using that joke now and I don't find it funny. Keep the killer nerfs coming.

Keep the survivor buffs coming. Keep excusing both those things because of how 2-3 killers perform on average. That's how this game dies.

Comments

  • Killers that get the shaft on console:


    Huntress, blight, probably trickster (haven't played yet waiting for buffs), nurse, and to a lesser extent deathslinger, Billy, bubba. Basically anything with aim. It fing sucks.

  • Dude I'm playing huntress on switch and win almost every game. It's not that hard to aim.

  • I find Huntress fine to play on the switch. Trickster and blight are the ones i struggle to play.

  • Huntress is harder on console. But lets be honest: if you need iridescent head on her to even the playing field you are not good.

    Its nothing special to get destroyed against a good team and you will have a hard time to do some shots on console, but when you do only basic shots (Pallet/window, charge the hatchet at one point and wait til the survivor moves to this position ) you should win with one-shots easily.

    I dont believe that you got only the 1% which let you struggle with iridescent head.

  • Xbox Huntress main since she was released.


    Do i agree she's easier with M&K on PC, with better fps and/or playing on "low" settings? Of course.

    I'd say technical killers in general are having a much higher skillgap on console. You need to invest more time till you even get on Rank 10 level. But the good thing is, like on PC, it seems you never really reach her skillgap, even at Rank 1. And there's is no better feeling when good survs realize they got crossmap sniped by a baby console huntress. Most huntress mains are not going for kills really i'd say, it just comes naturally.

  • I play on PC with a controller, because my mouse and keyboard are old, outdated, and not made for gaming purposes. I love Huntress, and consider her my "secondary main", but I have to agree with what you've said here. She is super fun to play, yet painful sometimes. 

  • I think honestly a lot of issues with the ranged killers can be solved with an aim reticule. Most PC players have something similar to that to help them aim. I think with how the controls are on console it needs to be added for Huntress, Deathslinger, Trickster, etc.

  • Console have bad control when it comes to analog stick unlike the mouse as it instantly go to the direction you move it to But on a controller you will move sliglty to the direction while moving toward another direction.

    This is why having mouse and keyboard is not only a good thing for console but great for all platform as all would be nearly even until optimization comes.

  • It's ok to not be good with a particular killer. There's like 20 more of them.

  • @jester20k said:

    Killers that get the shaft on console:

    Huntress, blight, probably trickster (haven't played yet waiting for buffs), nurse, and to a lesser extent deathslinger, Billy, bubba. Basically anything with aim. It fing sucks.

    Exactly.

  • @Mineguy said:

    Dude I'm playing huntress on switch and win almost every game. It's not that hard to aim.

    I guess the fps gods are watching over you.

  • It’s harder, but doesn’t mean you can’t be amazing, it takes practice.

  • @TicTac said:

    Huntress is harder on console. But lets be honest: if you need iridescent head on her to even the playing field you are not good.

    Its nothing special to get destroyed against a good team and you will have a hard time to do some shots on console, but when you do only basic shots (Pallet/window, charge the hatchet at one point and wait til the survivor moves to this position ) you should win with one-shots easily.

    I dont believe that you got only the 1% which let you struggle with iridescent head.

    I did! Every single survivor team I go against at night, which are usually SWF, all know how to perfectly counter Huntress. Never vault a window unsafely, always the perfect mix of crouching and running at the few loops you can throw over, always being predictable in moving left and right and then moving unpredictably as soon as you let go. Plus gEn RuSh iSn'T rEaL apparently.

    You have to understand also: I'm not a wind-up add-on user. Those add-ons are unbelievably crutch, moreso than iridescent head, because they eliminate one of her few weaknesses: the mindgame at loops. If you didn't preemptive the hatchet, that's fine because babushka just let's you react in time anyway. The way I play Huntress is the way she's supposed to be played, instead of abusing 1 or 2 broken add-ons.

    And just because I'm not the best with Huntress doesn't mean I'm a garbage player or a garbage killer. It's 1 of many killers I play. But even so, I feel like I'm playing a nerfed version of her simply because I'm on console.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It's ok to not be good with a particular killer. There's like 20 more of them.

    But I should be able to be good with her, and I fail at that not because of a lack of skill but because the console port is an impediment on killers.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    You have too much sensitivity on your basic attacks, but too little when you're aiming with hatchets. I've started using STBFL on her because that's how unreliable point-blank hatchets, or should I say hatchets in general, have become.

    I put iridescent head on her, and all it did was even the playing field. There were still so many matches where it was close, or the survivors straight-up escaped. Can't down anybody if you can't hit them. So these upcoming nerfs that are gonna limit the iri heads to one are going to make her unplayable on console. A joystick is so hard to aim with on Huntress, you PC overlords, so don't tell me I'm stretching the truth.

    Deathslinger is somewhat fine to play, because his shots come out and connect almost instantly. Huntress's hatchets actually have to travel, so she's just as bad as Trickster on console, minus the dumb recoil he had. And then you throw in the classic killer problems: no-sound survivors, misleading scratch marks, can't see survivors who are crouching in front of you, survivors are gifted the latency advantage, 5 gens are done effortlessly.

    I'm not even getting to use my ability in half these matches. You miss more than you hit, and that's not even going for crazy shots all the time. The game doesn't give you easy window hits because the hatchet hits the window seal for some reason. Tons of loops that Huntress can't throw over, in almost every map.

    "But I'm a rank 1 Huntress and I get 4ks EZ all the time." Sure buddy. It's totally not the game gifting you potato survivors all the time. If there's 2 or more survivors in the match who know how to actually play against Huntress, you're done.

    These Huntress reworks are gonna be garbage. They're either gonna make her broken, because of the projectile speed add-ons, or maybe not and she's gonna stay garbage.

    For people who place Huntress at A and S tier (lmao), why isn't she played in tournament? 🤔 I've felt absolutely powerless in 90% of these matches, and it didn't matter how bad or good I played.

    And don't call me Sluzzy just because you disagree with my opinion, because that's how people are using that joke now and I don't find it funny. Keep the killer nerfs coming.

    Keep the survivor buffs coming. Keep excusing both those things because of how 2-3 killers perform on average. That's how this game dies.

    I don't understand the point of this post, it starts as a post pointing out that console huntress has a bad time due to control scheme and rants into belittling others while saying don't belittle me while saying then just moves onto the huntress rework.

    This is just too all over the place. Although I will say the control scheme problems that arise from console can still be helped if they were to give keyboard and mouse support to major consoles

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119123#Comment_2119123

    I did! Every single survivor team I go against at night, which are usually SWF, all know how to perfectly counter Huntress. Never vault a window unsafely, always the perfect mix of crouching and running at the few loops you can throw over, always being predictable in moving left and right and then moving unpredictably as soon as you let go. Plus gEn RuSh iSn'T rEaL apparently.

    You have to understand also: I'm not a wind-up add-on user. Those add-ons are unbelievably crutch, moreso than iridescent head, because they eliminate one of her few weaknesses: the mindgame at loops. If you didn't preemptive the hatchet, that's fine because babushka just let's you react in time anyway. The way I play Huntress is the way she's supposed to be played, instead of abusing 1 or 2 broken add-ons.

    And just because I'm not the best with Huntress doesn't mean I'm a garbage player or a garbage killer. It's 1 of many killers I play. But even so, I feel like I'm playing a nerfed version of her simply because I'm on console.

    Im not the best with here, too. Im a good killer, but playing with trickster showed me again that you need to use your power with a 110% killer. And like i said she is weaker on console. But not that weak that you need iridescent head to make up for it (or do you only use this addon without infantry belt?) I personally use shaft (cooldown) and the brown exhaustion addon. Im not good with huntress compared to other killer, but she is a average killer on console.