it's time to make kindred base kit

i'm playing with three friends. we're in a four man swf.

one of us gets hooked.

friend 1: i'll go for the save

hooked friend: he's camping, don't worry, stay on gens til i say he leaves

friend 1: alright

this is literally all the information that kindred will give you, which my team has acquired for free without taking the perk slot. it's time solo survivors had access to the same information without having to spend a perk slot. a perk slot that's even more valuable because they're playing solo, and don't know what perks the other survivors are running until the game ends. (as an aside, being able to see what perks the other survivors are running would be super nice too!)

kindred is a strong perk when playing solo, getting steadily weaker until it is the worst perk in the game if you're playing in a 4 man group. and this is arguably the biggest difference between being a solo survivor and being a swf group.

if the game is trying to be balanced around swf's, then that's fine. make kindred base kit. it does nothing to help swf's, besides clearing comms so that you don't have to say the info out loud. and that's literally worthless.

"hook camping will be less effective" is not the counter argument some might think it is. hook camping already doesn't work on swf's in the first place, it's literally just an anti-solo strategy. on top of that, it's not even a good strategy in the first place. you want no bloodpoints? you want to stand still doing nothing being bored all game and then get no bloodpoints at the end? there's better ways to play dbd and kindred basekit will encourage them.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    Kindred is still strong in SWFs, it's fine for a perk slot, you have 24 meter wall hacks with new open handed, it's actually super silly.

    A better fix for solo survs is to give more incentives to SWF

    kindred in a 4 man group is as strong as decisive? as strong as borrowed time? as strong as dead hard? as strong as unbreakable? as strong as (other meta perk here)?

    in a 4 man i would never replace one of those perks with kindred, and as solo, i would replace any of them. the info given by kindred is one of the biggest disparaties between swf and solo and is the primary reason why solo survivors are lemmings that go for 3 man saves.

  • This content has been removed.
  • The all survivor see each other's auras while someone's hooked part of it should be baseline I agree.

    I feel like the killer aura part of it should be added into dark sense and maybe alert(Or just give alert a 5-10 second aura reveal when someone is hooked) as well instead of being made baseline as its a very powerful effect if you know how to read its information.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118120#Comment_2118120

    Yes, kindred in a 4 man group is stronger than decisive when it is strong. ie vs killers that get boned by that 24 meter aura reveal. Just like borrowed time is also stronger than decisive when you're not dealing with a killer like freddy or wraith who can out play it in it's current form, or we'll make it is WAY stronger than borrowed time in any game where you 1) want to and 2) can heal.

    yes the disparity is as big as you say it is, but perhaps kindred is actually more relevant in SWF than it is in solos because even if it is weaker, in the sense of being lower net value that value is more important to some killers (deathslinger is a great examples) wincon vs good SWFs. There's a big difference between knowing whether or not to unhook, and if the killer is coming your way as a solo VS knowing his routing in a coordinated SWF environment where presumably you all know how to split gens, loop and the killer definitely needs to accelerate, get critical mass and flame horizon you.

    if kindred were basekit they could address balance concerns on the killer side knowing that the survivor side has gained that consistency.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    The all survivor see each other's auras while someone's hooked part of it should be baseline I agree.

    I feel like the killer aura part of it should be added into dark sense and maybe alert(Or just give alert a 5-10 second aura reveal when someone is hooked) as well instead of being made baseline as its a very powerful effect if you know how to read its information.

    this is a fair compromise. the killer aura reveal could remain part of a post-basekit kindred (it's not like the perk itself is going to cease to exist, it'll just be changed to do something else) or, like you said, be made part of a different perk with a whole rework for kindred.

  • The only part of kindred that should be basekit if it does become so is the aura reading on the survivors only never the killers aura basekit, that is way too much free information for no investment of perks

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • The devs don't read the forums. Just thought I should point that out. You just have the mods.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    The devs don't read the forums. Just thought I should point that out. You just have the mods.

    image.png

    now I'm not going to put a massive red circle around it but I'm just going to have to note down here that it took me 10 seconds for proof against that claim

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118173#Comment_2118173

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ATRCUBCZPXW4/image.png

    now I'm not going to put a massive red circle around it but I'm just going to have to note down here that it took me 10 seconds for proof against that claim

    As much as I respect McLean, that's 18 posts, and I haven't seen signs of Almo or Peanits in quite some time. Almo I'm sure people can guess why, but Peanits I have no clue.

  • two things

    1. posting is not the same as reading
    2. i'd appreciate it if we could stay ontopic talking about kindred becoming basekit, thank you
  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118202#Comment_2118202

    As much as I respect McLean, that's 18 posts, and I haven't seen signs of Almo or Peanits in quite some time. Almo I'm sure people can guess why, but Peanits I have no clue.

    I noticed that Peanits stopped posting as much shortly after the live stream where he corrected(I forget who) either McLean or Almo on something and they clearly weren't happy about it.


    Anyways I do hope the developers read this and consider making at least the survivor reading part of kindred baseline.

  • Kindred should be base-kit for solo queue only. We need to treat solo queue and SWF as two completely different modes.

    Once Kindred becomes base-kit, they can completely rework the perk version and give killers some mini-buffs as well.

  • @deckyr said:

    two things

    1. posting is not the same as reading
    2. i'd appreciate it if we could stay ontopic talking about kindred becoming basekit, thank you

    to actually ping someone's message unless they made the entire topic you have to press the quote button at the bottom of their message that way they will receive a notification that someone responded to them and when they click the notification directly bring them to the message you sent them

  • I'd be down for it if Corrupt or some killer perk was made basekit as an equivalent buff.

  • @Zaytex said:

    I'd be down for it if Corrupt or some killer perk was made basekit as an equivalent buff.

    Make ruin non hex and basekit. Lots of solo players keep begging to get buffed to swf level and then buff killers, then one of the buff should be strong gen regression.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118451#Comment_2118451

    Make ruin non hex and basekit. Lots of solo players keep begging to get buffed to swf level and then buff killers, then one of the buff should be strong gen regression.

    can't make ruin basekit without screwing up pop, overload, etc

    there's a bunch of misc killer perks that would be super nice on basekit, like bitter murmur or insidious. but that's a seperate topic, really. this is about balancing survivors between solo and swf, not about balancing between survivor and killer.

  • @deckyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118470#Comment_2118470

    can't make ruin basekit without screwing up pop, overload, etc

    there's a bunch of misc killer perks that would be super nice on basekit, like bitter murmur or insidious. but that's a seperate topic, really. this is about balancing survivors between solo and swf, not about balancing between survivor and killer.

    I disagree, if you want to talk about balancing solo and swf, then you must also discuss balancing killers as well. Queue times are already long enough, if solo gets buffed before killers do, and not at the same time, expect the queues to go up even more. Any buffs to solo should be done at the same time, not before, as killers.

  • threads don't have to be about all things all at the same time. it just makes things confusing and unhelpful.

    besides, basekit kindred already exists for swf groups, so... if killers are already balanced to deal with it then they're fine, and if they're not then this will get them there.

  • No.

    I enjoy the disoriented feel of solo survivor.