Ideas for a Pig buff?
Pig right now feels terrible, her bear traps are just time-wasters and her ambush is easily countered by paying attention to your surroundings (or using Spring Burst if you want to use that stupid perk). Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas on how to give her a useful power. My best solution is make Tampered Timer and Rule Set No. 2 base, but then she would need two new add-ons.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to buff a killer that seems to be forgotten when talking about buffs to specific killers? And I'd like to see if the devs know that not just Freddy feels underwhelming right now, Pig also needs help.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to buff a killer that seems to be forgotten when talking about buffs to specific killers? And I'd like to see if the devs know that not just Freddy feels underwhelming right now, Pig also needs help.
Comments
Her traps are designed to be just that. They aren't made to kill survivors, they're made to distract them from doing their objective. The issue with them is that they're heavily RNG based and the timer doesn't start until a gen is done. In my opinion, the first jigsaw box you search should be guaranteed not to work and the timer should start thirty seconds after the trap is on the survivor's head. If a gen is done before then, it starts immediately. And I think she could do without the roar on her ambush.
Now this would be too strong. 2.5 minutes to try to find a singular box on the whole map is pretty damning for survivors when they can't see it at all. A better idea for this is making Rule Set No. 2 base.
get rid of the roar or
have the roar cause 15 secs of exhaustion if you're within 15 m
I would just have her crouch faster.
I've thought about what it would be like if she had more than one trap type. Like being able to make a hook more dangerous and have it start button sequences during the struggle phase. Or rigging a chest to slam shut on a survivors hands. Placing electric barbs on window vaults, trip wire doorways etc.
This would be limited of course and could make for some interesting add ons. Like a rigged chest destroying the survivors item if they had one or taking it, making them have to return to the chest if they want it.
She is good in my opinion except survivors should not be able to escape through the hatch while trapped.
Make Rule Set No. 2 base.
Make popping generators advance the timer on all active RBTs by 15-20 seconds, making them more consistent with the themes of the movie series.
Honestly, RBT kills SHOULD be viable. I know, I know "they're meant to stall the survivors". But WHY? Amanda didn't run around stabbing folks with the retractable blade (she herself never used it in the movies). The traps are what made the movie series unique, and that's what should have defined her in this game, not some generic crouch/lunge attack that really could have gone on just about any killer.
-Make it so you have to search EVERY box on the map. If there's the add-on to spawn in an extra box (Jigsaw's sketch), then it's a 50/50 chance when you get to the 4th box.
-When you get down to the last 2 boxes, take away the aura of the boxes. If Jigsaw's Sketch is in play, then the aura gets disabled after the 3rd box is searched.
I think Pig is in a good spot and needs a nerf tbh.
I really love playing The Pig, and I agree that she is in a pretty good spot. She certainly is not top tier, and most people agree that she could use a little bit of love. With her stealth lowering her move speed so significantly, prowling the map in stealth mode before you find a survivor is a sure fire way to give up multiple generators. So until she slaps an RBT on someone, she is effectively a killer with nothing but a niche stealth ability. She definitely does not need a nerf, but I also don't think she needs a major buff or anything either.
If I had my way, I would make two changes:
1)Kill survivors that try to use the hatch with an RBT on.
I don't see why this isn't already a thing. Hatch campers are enough of a problem in this game as it is, the fact that they can get away with it while being trapped is just insulting. It wouldn't be OP, in fact most people would probably consider it a fix rather than a buff.
1.5) I would also really like to see the timer start when the hatch opens, but I could see why they might not want to do that.
2)Make Rule Set No. 2 part of her base kit.
This would certainly be a buff, but a very small one. This would do two things: It would make the immediate search for a jigsaw box much more inconvenient. That being the case, I would be fine if the jigsaw boxes were made to be a little more visible. Maybe give them a red glowing light or something. The second thing it would do would be encourage survivors to not bother with searching for a box until the trap had been triggered. The survivor has always had the choice between progressing through gens and removing the RBT immediately. This change would simply make it a much less obvious decision, which I think very much fits the Saw theme.
In the end, The Pig is really fun to play and in a pretty okay spot right now. While I understand that, as a dev, this might make one want to avoid making any changes, I really would like to advocate for these minor tweaks. (1) is something that should have always been a thing and is only relevant in a few cases, and (2) is a pretty simple way to make Amanda's RBTs much less of a minor inconvenience and much more of a stressful obstacle to overcome, albeit an easy one.
Sorry for the wall of text. I love Amanda and I feel very strongly about these changes.
My suggestion for the pig is:
This should punish the gen rush.