Have you ever used a map offering and not gotten the realm, even when there were no others in play?

Title because body is too short. I’m curious. I don’t think it’s ever happened to me.

Comments

  • I don't think so, but I've had people use the old map offerrings and fail to get the realm. Not sure if that counts though since they have a much lower modifier

  • No. I've had people insist that they've had this happen to them, but I'm not inclined to believe them.

  • Yes. Someone else did use an Autohaven offering for the map to end up being Coldwind.

    The same thing happened yesterday when I used a Red Forest offering (after the realm had been re-enabled).

    Neither of the times were sacrificial wards in play.

  • Slightly related, it’s rather bogus you don’t get your map offering refunded when multiple are in play and yours isn’t the map that gets selected.

  • Once somebody put a coldwind offering and I ended up on Haddonfield. Was playing Billy so I would've been happy to go to coldwind - felt like Coté placed a curse on me for daring to play hillbilly.

  • The map offering (green one) can actually fail. The modifier is not 100%, but 99.99% if I remember correctly.

    I've seen it happen only twice in 2.3k hours.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116402#Comment_2116402

    It doesn't? I thought it did? I like to play map offerings on stealth killers and I swear when a survivor offering was choosen my map count didn't decrease. Well then that truly is something

    Nope. In my firsthand experience I can confirm it does not. It makes sense because the offering technically just says a considerably great chance, even though after they removed brown and yellow map offerings it was brought to a 100% chance. The problem is when various ones are burned at once.

  • Can't say I have, but I have had a sacrificial ward fail me before. Put one on as Nurse, they had a Midwich offering. Went to... Midwich.

    Great.

    Then my game bugged and a survivor physically wouldn't die on the hook so I'm pretty sure that game was cursed from the start.

  • I've seen it happen once recently with a survivor offering. I forget the map but it wasn't a disabled map.

  • usually the green offerings are 100% chance, but there are still people with brown and yellow offerings that are still slight and moderate chances so if one of those were played it's possible. and I guess statistically it might be not be 100% and go else where. dunno.

    Personally I don't think the sacrificial ward is worth anything because it requires the other four to put up the EXACT SAME MAP to even do anything.

    Also speaking about the aspect of getting it back if others put up the same offering, the only time that happens is if ANOTHER offering SUPERSEDES yours. for instance you place an offering for you to start with one other player and someone placed the offering for everyone to start together. This is an example of when i believe you get the offering back, though I may be wrong but using that having the same map they are not superseding each other so it wouldn't see to do so.