(Personal) Console Killer Tier List

I figured that it's been awhile since I've done a tier list, so I figured I'd give a Console players perspective on the Killer cast.

Note, the tier list assumes decent Survivors. These Survivors know what they are doing, but they aren't the greatest of all time. They make mistakes, but they know their role and what they need to do to win, which makes for a challenging game.

The Killers in these tier lists are using meta perks, as are the Survivors, but they are not using their good add-ons. i.e. no forever freddy, no tombstone piece myers, no iri head huntress ect ect

my-image.png

This isn't necessarily how many kills these Killers get, but a combination of how they feel to play, their overall strength versus decent Survivors and their ability to be used to their full extent, hence why Nurse isn't above all of them.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    I figured that it's been awhile since I've done a tier list, so I figured I'd give a Console players perspective on the Killer cast.

    Note, the tier list assumes decent Survivors. These Survivors know what they are doing, but they aren't the greatest of all time. They make mistakes, but they know their role and what they need to do to win, which makes for a challenging game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HAUQI95ZLABP/my-image.png

    This isn't necessarily how many kills these Killers get, but a combination of how they feel to play, their overall strength versus decent Survivors and their ability to be used to their full extent, hence why Nurse isn't above all of them.

    As a console nurse main, Nurse isnt that hard with a controller as many people make it sound like.


    Nurse isnt as hard to play as in general, blight is harder imo.

  • I would put Hag in S over Freddy but overall accurate list. Not gonna argue on Blight and Nurse in D because I’ve heard how painful those two are on controller.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243158/personal-console-killer-tier-list

    As a console nurse main, Nurse isnt that hard with a controller as many people make it sound like.

    Nurse isnt as hard to play as in general, blight is harder imo.

    It's less because of the controller. It is more difficult to play Nurse with a controller, especially learning her. The issue for me, is that the FPS is so low when you come out of blinks that you can just...not see people. Additionally, I've noticed a lot of freezing issues with her and considering all of her non-Console issues, it lowers her on the list.

    Also, last time I played her I got sick because she makes me extremely motion sick.

  • @GannTM said:

    I would put Hag in S over Freddy but overall accurate list. Not gonna argue on Blight and Nurse in D because I’ve heard how painful those two are on controller.

    The only reason Hag isn't above Freddy is because of her play versus the Survivors I mentioned.

    Freddy just performs better in those scenarios, his map pressure is just good.

  • @hardscopelord said:

    I would personally put hag on s tier but fair enough.

    can’t understand why demo is at c tier tho

    Hag does have the power to be in S, but she doesn't really compare to the others that are in S, which is why she in A.

    Is Demo too high or too low? He has a LOT of issues. He isn't super fun to play as, his powers are all very meh and he has no real standout abilities.

    His Shred also drops FPS on Console, so it's honestly a detriment to try to use it, especially considering that you can't flick and you have lower sensitivity on Console.

  • hello consistent console player here it appears you misplaced deathslinger he is b-tier, and I'm pretty sure console nurse is easy for everyone not just me.

  • Myers is D tier to me. He just doesn’t excel at anything really

  • @hatchking said:

    hello consistent console player here it appears you misplaced deathslinger he is b-tier, and I'm pretty sure console nurse is easy for everyone not just me.

    :(

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Myers is D tier to me. He just doesn’t excel at anything really

    The ONLY reason Myers isn't in D-tier is because he is fun to play (imo) and he can be used to his full extent on Console.

    His strength isn't very high, but he does have some stuff that helps him.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113135#Comment_2113135

    The ONLY reason Myers isn't in D-tier is because he is fun to play and he can be used to his full extent on Console.

    His strength isn't very high, but he does have some stuff that helps him.

    Especially if we aren’t considering good add ons then Myers is just kinda garbage

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113157#Comment_2113157

    Especially if we aren’t considering good add ons then Myers is just kinda garbage

    He definitely isn't good.

    But he can pop Tier III on unsuspecting Survivors, and that's really what keeps him ahead of the others.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113158#Comment_2113158

    He definitely isn't good.

    But he can pop Tier III on unsuspecting Survivors, and that's really what keeps him ahead of the others.

    I guess but assuming you’re playing effectively twins are a lot stronger than Myers

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113162#Comment_2113162

    I guess but assuming you’re playing effectively twins are a lot stronger than Myers

    True, but I've found them miserable to play, people DC and Victor has FPS lowering issues.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113164#Comment_2113164

    True, but I've found them miserable to play, people DC and Victor has FPS lowering issues.

    I’m assuming your on current gen? When I was on current gen Slinger was a nightmare. Every time you ads the game would stutter

  • I’m just gonna say it blight is underrated on console I play him all the time on Xbox and I get so many kills with him at high ranks I think he should be S-tier with Oni and Freddy

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113172#Comment_2113172

    I’m assuming your on current gen? When I was on current gen Slinger was a nightmare. Every time you ads the game would stutter

    I am.

    Slinger honestly hasn't been super bad for me.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I’m just gonna say it blight is underrated on console I play him all the time on Xbox and I get so many kills with him at high ranks I think he should be S-tier with Oni and Freddy

    He definitely hasn't shown that.

    I'd say that most Console players agree that Blight isn't good at all on Console.

  • As a fellow console player (on an OG Xbox One that somehow runs DbD without bursting into flames), I'd personally push Demo, Doc, and Nurse up a tier each.

    I'd also drag both Freddy and Myers down a tier (entirely because of the massive frame-dropping they accrue due to their powers; it's super irritating to deal with on the regular).

    And while it's probably just a result of really bad personal experiences with her, Plague is a big fat F-Tier character for me. I have had way too many instances of her just completely bugging out in really frustrating ways.

  • Why is huntress placed so high? I've heard she's very annoying to play as with a controller, isn't she? (I'm not being sarcastic, it's a legit question)

  • @TripleSteal said:

    Why is huntress placed so high? I've heard she's very annoying to play as with a controller, isn't she? (I'm not being sarcastic, it's a legit question)

    No,she's alright.

    Only thing that is harder is going for long range shots.

    Close and medium range is fine

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113202#Comment_2113202

    He definitely hasn't shown that.

    I'd say that most Console players agree that Blight isn't good at all on Console.

    I don’t understand I play him and I always get kills and this is at high rank gameplay yes I lose a couple games but I do very good with him is there something wrong with me or no cause I don’t think he’s bad

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113277#Comment_2113277

    I don’t understand I play him and I always get kills and this is at high rank gameplay yes I lose a couple games but I do very good with him is there something wrong with me or no cause I don’t think he’s bad

    It's fine if you don't think he's bad, just most people (myself included) think he is.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113328#Comment_2113328

    No,she's alright.

    Only thing that is harder is going for long range shots.

    Close and medium range is fine

    Pretty much.

    I'm honestly surprised that raising hatchets doesn't tank FPS

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113067#Comment_2113067

    Wrong and wrong lol. Maybe it's a controller thing. But I literally have 4kd every match I've played with blight playing red ranks. He's easy peazy to use. Being actually GREAT at nurse is every bit as hard as folks make it sound

    Are you on PC? This thread is specifically about Console.

  • Do you play the Twins? They aren't C tier on console :/

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114030#Comment_2114030

    I am PC. And still can't see how blight would be harder to use then nurse. He's a pretty straight forward killer. Nurse takes a lot of skill on any platform. So no clue how she would be easier

    You can't flick on Console.

    The sensitivity is drastically lower as well.

    The game freezes whenever you use your power.

    The FPS rarely gets to 30.

  • Yeah even after the buffs Trickster is still bad to play on console. Maybe I'm just bad but it's very difficult for me to aim well with a controller with the Trickster, speaking as someone who loves Plague. I think the recoil really hampers the console experience even if they reduced it recently.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114069#Comment_2114069

    Oooof. That sounds aweful lol. I was console almost all my life. And I can't think of a game I've ever played that dropped frames that badly. I even used my controller to play on my PC for quite awhile until I adjusted to a mouse and keyboard a little better. For the record. I don't j flick on blight. He's so good without it

    He is, but DBD is badly ported/optimized on Console.

    New CoD games run way better.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114030#Comment_2114030

    I am PC. And still can't see how blight would be harder to use then nurse. He's a pretty straight forward killer. Nurse takes a lot of skill on any platform. So no clue how she would be easier

    Here's a very detailed thread by @Bloodshade that explains Blights issues on console:

    @[Deleted User] said:

    [] -- TABLE OF CONTENTS -- []

    • [0] -- Introduction -- [0]
    • [1] -- What Blight Can Do on Mouse & Keyboard -- [1]
    • [2] -- Rush, Lunge & Fatigue Fundamentals -- [2]
    • [3] -- A Few Misses and a Bug or Two -- [3]
    • [4] -- Conclusion, Final Thoughts -- [4]

    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    [0] -- Introduction -- [0]

    Hello. Over the weekend I have collected a handful of clips showcasing the various issues that plague Blight players who use him on controller, otherwise known as a gamepad. It is my hope that this collection of clips and explanations of what is wrong with him can and will be used as a basis for re-programming him to be better on a controller and more in-line with mouse and keyboard.

    To start off, there are a few things to note:

    1. All gameplay is my own, and with the exception of one clip, has been recorded on the current patch (4.5.2).
    2. All gameplay has been recorded on a slim model PS4 using a standard wireless DualShock 4 generation 2 controller (the one with the light visible through the touchpad).
    3. All gameplay has been recorded using the share function of the PS4. Forgive the quality.
    4. All clips have descriptions on imgur themselves, as well as thoughts in this thread proper. Some clips are grouped in the same link. On PC, you can use the arrows that appear when you hover over the clip to cycle between them.

    Now without further ado, let's dig in.

    [1] -- What Blight Can Do on Mouse & Keyboard -- [1]

    If there is to be talk about Blight's faults on controller, t's important to see what a Blight player is capable of on mouse and keyboard. Thanks to the various content creators on Twitch, YouTube, and elsewhere, there is plenty of source material to choose from. For the purpose of comparing and contrasting the differences between the two input methods, I'll use a recent match that Fog Whisperer Tru3ta1ent played and uploaded recently:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSuH3yMyNYg

    There are many instances where Blight is able to get up to (and even beyond) 90 degree hits, or at the very least attempt to, due to flicking during the lunge. The turning on the rush action itself also allows for a certain degree of freedom, both in movement and camera control, that only mouse and keyboard is able to provide currently. The full match is worth a watch to get a feel for how Blight works on mouse and keyboard, but here are timestamps for lunge hit/attempt examples included in the video:

    • 35s: Nea is hit at an effectively 90 degree angle at a hay bale loop.
    • 57s: An attempt is made to hit Yui with an effectively 90 degree angle on the tractor.
    • 1:50: Nea is hit by rounding the corner inside the cowshed with a flick at the very start of the lunge.
    • 2:45: Felix is hit next to the tractor with a 90 degree flick at the start of the lunge.
    • 4:20: An attempt is made to hit Dwight in the cowshed with a 90 degree flick at the start of the lunge

    As seen in the video, Blight is capable of some nasty hits with his power when played properly on mouse and keyboard, comparable to hits that Oni can pull off when Demon Dashing. There is still counterplay in a chase by knowing his angles, but he is very capable with some geometrical knowledge, flick reactions, tracking, and predicting survivor movements. He is a force to be reckoned with when in capable hands, as he should be. But not on controller, and here are the reasons why.

    [2] -- Rush, Lunge & Fatigue Fundamentals -- [2]

    Before we get into the hit missing, we have to look at the fundamentals of what Blight's rush, lunge, and fatigue look likes on controller in an easy-to-read environment. It's important to understand two things: One, Blight's rush and lethal rush are normally unaffected by the "killer sensitivity" setting in the options menu. Two, Blight's rush attack and rush attack fatigue are also unaffected by the "killer sensitivity" setting in the options menu. The only thing that killer sensitivity does for Blight is allow him to adjust his camera faster/slower during a slam (and normal "M1" killer gameplay).

    First, the lunge clips:

    https://imgur.com/a/qizjdeP

    As seen in the clips, no matter what a controller Blight does, they cannot get nearly the same control over their lunge that mouse and keyboard users are capable of. Their angle of attack is thus extremely limited, and prone to being easily dodged by attentive survivors. Most survivors can simply move a little left or right and there is nothing the Blight can do about it. And due to the angle issue, Blight becomes much less effective even in situations where the survivor does nothing at all, or the Blight should have the angle on them (such as in a loop, or in a tight corner as Felix was found in the video at 2:45).

    Second, this is what a series of rushes looks like:

    https://imgur.com/a/yTBBLKI

    The most important part of this clip is the end, where the Blight decides to turn toward the hill to initiate a chase with the Nancy seen and heard on the way back to the hook. As you can see, the turning leaves quite a bit to be desired. This is especially true considering that both turning add-ons are being used in this clip. Even with these add-ons, it can be difficult to go precisely where one wishes to go because of the look sensitivity being far too low.

    Lastly, the fatigue clips:

    https://imgur.com/a/Y7srcY9

    As seen in the clips, Blight has two different sensitivities when in the fatigue animation after a rush. The first clip showcases what, ideally, should happen: The Blight's sensitivity is reverted to whatever the killer sensitivity is set in the options menu. The second shows what happens if the Blight decides to lunge after a rush, regardless of whether a hit was landed or not: The Blight's sensitivity is slowed to a degree that they cannot visually track a survivor that has ran behind them until the fatigue is over.

    This is a quirk shared by Demogorgon during Shred's attack cooldowns, as well as on Oni during Blood Fury's activation. Curiously, it doesn't exist on killers like Legion during their Feral Frenzy fatigue, or the Twins when a pounce is missed as Victor.

    This sensitivity slowdown, along with the other instances mentioned, feel really bad on controller, but can actually be mitigated somewhat on mouse and keyboard with enough DPI and mouse space. Thus furthering the gap between the two input methods.

    [3] -- A Few Misses and a Bug or Two -- [3]

    Truthfully, a thousand clips could be recorded to show how many hits are missed due to Blight's controller woes. It is a major cause of frustration for those who wish to be the speedy hunchbacked Scottish man. But for the purpose of this thread, we'll be looking at two in particular, as well as a third that just doesn't make a lick of sense.

    https://imgur.com/a/cUzuVgt

    As seen in this clip, the Ace is oblivious to the Blight's location and is attempting to be sneaky in a bush. There is an attempt to hit the Ace, which would be a free hit on mouse and keyboard, but the hit fails because the lunge sensitivity doesn't adjust fast enough to position the "hurtbox" of the lunge on Ace's hitbox. This is a situation that happens often, wherein the Blight narrowly misses a survivor and slides past them, often never to be seen again due to having to deal with the fatigue sensitivity issue after a lunge.

    The most disheartening scenario, however, which will be dubbed the "full commitment problem", is in this clip:

    https://imgur.com/a/VjCBE8n

    The main issue with controller Blight is that there is no way to properly react to a survivor attempting to dodge a lunge. Because of this, a controller Blight is conditioned (forced, really) to full commit to a lunge direction before the lunge even begins. In the above clip, you can see this perfectly. The Nea is running down the hallway, makes it to the corner and starts running down the adjacent hallway, and then narrowly avoids the hit by dodging left while the Blight makes a full commitment to the right. You can see the attempt to adjust the lunge left (albeit late), but it doesn't do much of anything.

    A mouse and keyboard Blight could simply start the lunge while running straight at her and flick to wherever she goes for an easy hit. Or even start going right and then flick left. Controller Blights have no such mechanical skill to develop.

    This next one's a doozy:

    https://imgur.com/a/hasRGZD

    Truthfully there's no good explanation as to why this hit missed. It isn't something that happens often, so it's not terribly concerning. However, what happens during the fatigue is a common occurrence. There is a bug wherein the Blight player is unable to move at all during the entirety of the fatigue animation. In my personal experience, this bug usually occurs only after a lunge, and typically when a lunge narrowly misses the survivor. It feels similar to when Blight breaks a pallet with a lunge attack, except the camera can still be moved.

    Finally, there is this bug, which has been around since Blight's release (said clip is from that time):

    https://imgur.com/a/jM9jsbl

    Basically, the Blight's sensitivity is set to the player's killer sensitivity during a lethal rush lunge. The easiest and most consistent way to replicate this is:

    1. Rush and collide with an object.
    2. Immediately rush and attack.
    3. Hold the stick left/right while lunging.

    It's a very disorienting bug when it happens in a chase, and can easily cost hits at key moments, particularly around windows. It's something that might become less of a problem if his other problems are addressed first.

    [4] -- Conclusion, Final Thoughts -- [4]

    In conclusion, Blight is in a really bad spot on controller, and he's never really seen better days. His various sensitivities are undertuned as all heck and he's got a few bugs that put the nail in his plastic-y gamepad coffin. You can play him against less attentive survivors, but even against those you'll more often than not be forced to play him as a standard M1 killer, albeit with a way to get around faster. Which defeats the purpose of playing him in the first place.

    Blight is probably one of the funnest killers ever added to Dead by Daylight for those who love a faster, more aggressive playstyle. I hope that his flaws on controller can be ironed out, if not to the point of being exactly as good as on mouse & keyboard, at least close enough to where there is significantly less frustration experienced when playing him.

    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    Special thanks to MandyTalk for explicitly asking for this feedback and thus giving me the motivation to go a little more in-depth with it rather than complain in every Blight related thread until the end of time. And to everyone at BHVR who was involved in making Blight a reality in the first place.

    Thank you.


  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113067#Comment_2113067

    Wrong and wrong lol. Maybe it's a controller thing. But I literally have 4kd every match I've played with blight playing red ranks. He's easy peazy to use. Being actually GREAT at nurse is every bit as hard as folks make it sound

    I spoke from my experience and you cant tell me i am wrong. Nurse is easy for me while blight is not.

  • A few if our PC cousins have wandered in to this fine thread. Welcome!

    I always implore y'all to see things from our perspective, especially the killer side. Borrow a friend's PS4 or whatever, and fire up DBD. Pick your paingiver, and give it a couple of rounds. If you're truely brave enough head on inside, maybe even into Lery's.

    And tell us all about it.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    A few if our PC cousins have wandered in to this fine thread. Welcome!

    I always implore y'all to see things from our perspective, especially the killer side. Borrow a friend's PS4 or whatever, and fire up DBD. Pick your paingiver, and give it a couple of rounds. If you're truely brave enough head on inside, maybe even into Lery's.

    And tell us all about it.

    Red Forrest has been worse for me

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114362#Comment_2114362

    Ooof. Lerys ? No thanks. Especially for the killers I was talking about. Nurse and blight 🤣. That map sucks equally as bad on PC. Don't worry

    Oh it isn't the difficulties those two killers have inside, in particular with Lery's. That's universal. What I'm wanting to share with the PCrs is the crazy frame drops console gets on the indoor maps. Depending on which killer and what's going on fps can droop to 10-15 in Lery's middle room for example.

  • For some reason the Forrest is fairly consistent for me performance wise. Perhaps I've just been lucky, or noticing it less because I still like that realm, even asn killer and despite it's size.