I Want More Variety at High Ranks

Warning: You are about to witness a baby on the forums, viewer discretion is advised.

BVHR please make more high tier killers besides nurse because I get so bored of facing the same killer over and over again! Please don't make low tier killers ever again, please just give Dead by Daylight the "Horror" in asymmetrical horror game! Please, I'll do anything just to have a challenge again as a survivor and would love to have a more scary game. Please, I'm literally begging you on my knees kissing your BHVR shoes to make killers scary again! :(

Okay, I got that out of my chest... In all seriousness, we need more high tier killers besides nurse because rank 1 gets so stale when you're playing or going against the same killer over and over again! I know that I'm sounding like a complete baby but please, I want more variety! However, at what cost?

@Lowbei SMM (Salt Management Mod)

Comments

  • Nickenzie said:
    Warning: You are about to witness a baby on the forums, viewer discretion is advised.

    BVHR please make more high tier killers besides nurse because I get so bored of facing the same killer over and over again! Please don't make low tier killers ever again, please just give Dead by Daylight the "Horror" in asymmetrical horror game! Please, I'll do anything just to have a challenge again as a survivor and would love to have a more scary game. Please, I'm literally begging you on my knees kissing your BHVR shoes to make killers scary again! :(

    Okay, I got that out of my chest... In all seriousness, we need more high tier killers besides nurse because rank 1 gets so stale when you're playing or going against the same killer over and over again! I know that I'm sounding like a complete baby but please, I want more variety! However, at what cost?

    @Lowbei SMM (Salt Management Mod)
    No cost this is excellent for all! I second this fabulous, albeit random, person's on the internet idea 👍
  • I hope that they finish the Job on Trapper and Wraith and that Freddy's rework will catapult him into a high tier Killer.

    One can dream...
  • They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

  • There's not that many Nurses playing at rank 1. At least not in PC.
    Lots of Hillbillys, Spirits, Clowns, and Huntresses lately.
    I'd like to see some hard data on the distribution of killers at Rank 1 and 2. I've been at the top for the entire season and it's gotten much better, IMO.
  • Elegant said:

    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

    Nurse is balanced in my opinion. I don't wanna explain why but just ask and I'll go in-depth about why I think that she is.
  • @Elegant said:
    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

    I for one enjoy going against the Nurse. I feel the nurse is perfectly balanced. she is hard to go against yes and in some killers hands she is outright lethal but all the killers should be. I say this as a Survivor main. I am sick of just seeing only Nurses and Billys in the higher ranks. even though them are the only matches that really can go either way. as i said over and over in the spirits ptb. they need to make more killers higher tier. the nurse is perfectly fine how she is. you just need to learn to play against her. you have to go against her differently. sadly most survivors will not bother to attempt to get good at playing against the nurse they DC out. then cry about how OP she is when in reality shes the most balanced killer out there.

  • @Elegant said:
    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

    I for one enjoy going against the Nurse. I feel the nurse is perfectly balanced. she is hard to go against yes and in some killers hands she is outright lethal but all the killers should be. I say this as a Survivor main. I am sick of just seeing only Nurses and Billys in the higher ranks. even though them are the only matches that really can go either way. as i said over and over in the spirits ptb. they need to make more killers higher tier. the nurse is perfectly fine how she is. you just need to learn to play against her. you have to go against her differently. sadly most survivors will not bother to attempt to get good at playing against the nurse they DC out. then cry about how OP she is when in reality shes the most balanced killer out there.

    He sums it all up for you ^^^

    Nurse is balanced, adapt!
  • I get that people have their opinions but three+blink Nurse is so triggering.
  • On PS4 at rank 1 I see literally every killer. Nurse I see the least. Huntress, Doctor, Freddy, Wraith and Clown are pretty rare. The most common right now are Billy, Myers, Trapper, and Spirit. The rest I see fairly regularly.

    Because of the crappy frame rate killers on console have had to adapt. And plenty of them are still getting 3-4k.
  • @Visionmaker said:
    I get that people have their opinions but three+blink Nurse is so triggering.

    I know the 3 blink is powerful but jeez there is so much better. I prefer distance and less fatigue addons but thats just me.

  • I get that people have their opinions but three+blink Nurse is so triggering.
    Here's the thing, survivors have 3 lines of defense:

    -Hiding
    A Nurse with 5 blink can't sacrifice what they can't find. If you are always hiding, try to at least get two generators to secure the hatch when you are the last survivor. Additionally, you can avoid the next two situations altogether if you are great ata stealthing!
    -Juking/Losing the chase
    Try to break line of sight and hide when she is fatigued. A great survivor is unpredictable and can cause the Nurse to incorrectly predict her blink which in turn you can hide in a corner! Don't keep running because she'll quickly find you and now you're back a square one but worse, you're injured! Iron Will can be the difference in losing the Nurse or not if you're hiding close to her.
    -Looping
    Looping is irrelevant to the Nurse and you only have two health states. Use them to risk losing the chase/juking because a Nurse can quickly burn through your two health states.

    However most survivors don't hide and that completely throws away their first line of defense. Then they don't try to juke or lose the chase which throws away their second line of defense. Finally they are stuck at trying to loop or just simply trying to out run the Nurse which never works. You'll get injured then downed before you knew what hit you. If survivors are more stealthy, you wouldn't need to rely on the other two defenses and could avoid the situation all together. I'm not directing this to you @Visionmaker, this is a PSA to all survivors that are having trouble with the Nurse.
  • @Elegant said:
    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Inst

    ead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

  • The only way to make more killers than Nurse viable at the higher ranks is to design the maps to accommodate for them.
    Make looping less viable and you'll see a drastic decrease in Nurses.

  • Different Platforms different tiers of killers. PS4 i see a wider variety: The Spirit, Freddy(i know crazy but it works), The Doctor, Hillbilly, Huntress and Nurse. I'm never stuck seeing the same killer in more than 2 consecutive matches unless people got a daily.

  • honestly, im at rank 1 as killer atm, and im sooo bored of it. i can only play billy in order to have a chance, since all the other killers i enjoy playing just get instantly shut down and kicked out of the map by a nea, who then proceeds to kill everyone while im just laying there, all alone in my static field, crying.

    okay, jokes beside, highrank gameplay is really boring. you always face the same killers, you always face the same survivor perks, you always face the same strategies, etc.
    WE NEED SOME VARIETY!

  • @Nickenzie said:
    Warning: You are about to witness a baby on the forums, viewer discretion is advised.

    BVHR please make more high tier killers besides nurse because I get so bored of facing the same killer over and over again! Please don't make low tier killers ever again, please just give Dead by Daylight the "Horror" in asymmetrical horror game! Please, I'll do anything just to have a challenge again as a survivor and would love to have a more scary game. Please, I'm literally begging you on my knees kissing your BHVR shoes to make killers scary again! :(

    Okay, I got that out of my chest... In all seriousness, we need more high tier killers besides nurse because rank 1 gets so stale when you're playing or going against the same killer over and over again! I know that I'm sounding like a complete baby but please, I want more variety! However, at what cost?

    @Lowbei SMM (Salt Management Mod)

    Pls stop begging for variety because BHVR will then nerf bily and nurse down to the trash lvl

    In all seriousness, they said during their livestreams that they dont want every killer to be viable, what else do I have to add to this statement.... :|

  • I've never seen a stealthy nurse never monitor and abuse.

    I wanna run bamboozle on my nurse😄 and maybe play with your food to keep up. 

    I kinda feel terrortorial imperative is a really good perk for her as she can blink right to the basement.
    Shame its always ruin, noed, iron grasp nurses calling or enduring most times.
  • Getting the same map is more frustrating. No joke the last 10 games as Spirit has been that stupid coldwind farm. How I hate the cornfield.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Warning: You are about to witness a baby on the forums, viewer discretion is advised.

    BVHR please make more high tier killers besides nurse because I get so bored of facing the same killer over and over again! Please don't make low tier killers ever again, please just give Dead by Daylight the "Horror" in asymmetrical horror game! Please, I'll do anything just to have a challenge again as a survivor and would love to have a more scary game. Please, I'm literally begging you on my knees kissing your BHVR shoes to make killers scary again! :(

    Okay, I got that out of my chest... In all seriousness, we need more high tier killers besides nurse because rank 1 gets so stale when you're playing or going against the same killer over and over again! I know that I'm sounding like a complete baby but please, I want more variety! However, at what cost?

    @Lowbei SMM (Salt Management Mod)

    There are 5 high tier killer already (Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, Huntress and Michael. Hag and Trapper are mid tier but they are very viable too), if ppl dont wanna play something else other than Nurse thats not the devs fault.

  • @Nickenzie said:
    Warning: You are about to witness a baby on the forums, viewer discretion is advised.

    BVHR please make more high tier killers besides nurse because I get so bored of facing the same killer over and over again! Please don't make low tier killers ever again, please just give Dead by Daylight the "Horror" in asymmetrical horror game! Please, I'll do anything just to have a challenge again as a survivor and would love to have a more scary game. Please, I'm literally begging you on my knees kissing your BHVR shoes to make killers scary again! :(

    Okay, I got that out of my chest... In all seriousness, we need more high tier killers besides nurse because rank 1 gets so stale when you're playing or going against the same killer over and over again! I know that I'm sounding like a complete baby but please, I want more variety! However, at what cost?

    @Lowbei SMM (Salt Management Mod)

    There are 5 high tier killer already (Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, Huntress and Michael. Hag and Trapper are mid tier but they are very viable too), if ppl dont wanna play something else other than Nurse thats not the devs fault.

    Spirit is the poor mans version of Nurse, Billy gets destroyed by pallets (I just did a 5 generator run against a Billy with no perks), Huntress is a valid high killer but I don't see her a lot, Michael gets destroyed by pallets, Hag is actually a high tier killer not a mid tier because she can prevent loops, and trapper is the poor man's version of the hag. I only see one or two killer's that force survivors to hide and that's sad, we need more killers that strike the fear of God on to survivors.
  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    @Elegant said:
    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

    I for one enjoy going against the Nurse. I feel the nurse is perfectly balanced. she is hard to go against yes and in some killers hands she is outright lethal but all the killers should be. I say this as a Survivor main. I am sick of just seeing only Nurses and Billys in the higher ranks. even though them are the only matches that really can go either way. as i said over and over in the spirits ptb. they need to make more killers higher tier. the nurse is perfectly fine how she is. you just need to learn to play against her. you have to go against her differently. sadly most survivors will not bother to attempt to get good at playing against the nurse they DC out. then cry about how OP she is when in reality shes the most balanced killer out there.

    you can't honestly think the Nurse is balanced? She is legitimately the most unbalanced character in any game i have ever played. What rank are you? There is no way you are in red ranks and think the Nurse is balanced. If every killer was Nurse tier the game would be dead. No one would play it. It would have about as many players as Deathgarden does right now

  • @Elegant said:

    @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    @Elegant said:
    They don't need to make other killers higher tier. They just need to actually do something with how stupidly overpowered the nurse is. She needs a full blown rework to actually see any meaningful balance. The solution is never to just buff killers to the point of being overpowered. That just makes the game incredibly unfun for survivors. I already dodge every single nurse game because it's impossible to have fun vs. Making other killers overpowered would just take away fun from the game. Instead, they just need to figure out a way/ways to increase the length of the game and people will be more willing to not play the same 3 killers in rank 1.

    I for one enjoy going against the Nurse. I feel the nurse is perfectly balanced. she is hard to go against yes and in some killers hands she is outright lethal but all the killers should be. I say this as a Survivor main. I am sick of just seeing only Nurses and Billys in the higher ranks. even though them are the only matches that really can go either way. as i said over and over in the spirits ptb. they need to make more killers higher tier. the nurse is perfectly fine how she is. you just need to learn to play against her. you have to go against her differently. sadly most survivors will not bother to attempt to get good at playing against the nurse they DC out. then cry about how OP she is when in reality shes the most balanced killer out there.

    you can't honestly think the Nurse is balanced? She is legitimately the most unbalanced character in any game i have ever played. What rank are you? There is no way you are in red ranks and think the Nurse is balanced. If every killer was Nurse tier the game would be dead. No one would play it. It would have about as many players as Deathgarden does right now

    I am rank 1 yes she is perfectly balanced. if you feel she is unbalanced I would say you probably need to learn to play against her. now by no means should new killers be stronger then her but they all should be between huntress and Nurse in power. I consider the power of killers being 1: Nurse 2: Billy 3: Huntress 4: Hag the rest of the killers are absolutely under par for the game and need serious adjustments. hag is basically in my opinion on par with Huntress. depending on how you play them they both equally share this third power spot.

  • It's nice to want things.

    In all seriousness, rank one is generally reserved for the more, competitive, players. So due to this, I wouldn't expect anything other than viable killers. Maybe if they buffed everyone else (slightly longer base range for shock therapy, trapper starts with and can carry all of his traps, the base sleeping transition is shortened (would need testing), Pig can recover beartraps from the ground if they are removed, etc.) you'd see more killers.
  • I get that people have their opinions but three+blink Nurse is so triggering.
    I agree, 3+ blink Nurses are a bit ridiculous. 
  • What if ranks disable the most used Perks?
    With every rank you go up, you'll see a lock and chains cover the most used Perk.
    So at rank 1, 19 Perks will have been disabled.

    No, i'm not seriously wanting this in the game, i just like making ######### up. :p