BBQ x WGLF

Hello guys, I was thinking about some differences between the perks Barbecue and Chilli and We're gonna live forever and I ended up noticing that there are some bad design issues with WGLF. It's very simple: to get BBQ stacks, you gotta just do the killer main objective, which is to chase, hook/kill survivors. But to get WGLF stacks, you have to be ""losing"" the game. You get the stacks when you get a safe unhook, which means that a survivor must get downed and hooked first. To get the stack for a pallet save, other survivors need to be downed, but what if they just don't get downed? What if all of your teammates are just beating the killer? To get the stacks for protection hits, first your friends need to be injured, etc. You and your team are doing your objectives as the survivors (avoiding the killer and completing generators) but not getting rewarded by that. And that makes me think that we should have more options to get stacks for WGLF, so it makes easier to get them while not throwing the game (like going for a unhook in front of the killer just to farm protection hits). It's still possible to get 4 stacks every game, if you try to get them, but it happens in an unnatural way. You have to change your playstyle if you want to get the 4 stacks everytime. What do you think about it? This discussion is exclusively about the stacks and BP bonus, not about the other functions of those perks.

Comments

  • Not exactly losing the game you forgot bodyblocks saves rescuing from bear traps

    And a hook is bound to happen a game so if you have 4 stacks from unhookes then your cutting it close

  • I think WGLF is fine. The insane healing boost to slugs is highly underrated and just, amazing.

    BBQ encourages killers to leave the hook and go look for other survivors 1. with the aura reading it gives and 2. with the BP bonus for 4 unique hooks on different survivors.

    Literally I think both are completely fine. I get that it would make sense for WGLF to generate tokens on other certain actions though like flashlight / pallet stun saves etc.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I think WGLF is fine. The insane healing boost to slugs is highly underrated and just, amazing.

    BBQ encourages killers to leave the hook and go look for other survivors 1. with the aura reading it gives and 2. with the BP bonus for 4 unique hooks on different survivors.

    Literally I think both are completely fine. I get that it would make sense for WGLF to generate tokens on other certain actions though like flashlight / pallet stun saves etc.

    Yeah, we already get the stacks for flashlight save and pallet stuns, but those are too situational. The most common are safe unhooks and protection hits, but you have to change your playstyle in order to get the 4 stacks everytime. Imagine that one of the other survivors get hooked but you're almost finishing a gen: if you choose to end the gen, maybe other survivor will get the rescue, so you lost a chance to get the stack, but at the same time you were doing something important to the progression of the game, get it? That's my problem with the perk, I agree that it's very cool in it's current state, but I have problems with the stack thing, because it's much easier to get 4 stacks of BBQ than 4 stacks of WGLF.

  • The only thing I don't like about WGLF is that too many people use it and then throw the game to get their own tokens. They'll make saves right in front of the killer (gotta get that save AND a protection hit!!!), they'll abandon finishing a gen about to be done to run halfway across the map to save someone when another survivor is already nearby, and just usually in general play like an idiot to get their precious tokens.

    BBQ on the other hand is just going to happen naturally through the game (or hell, it might even be for the survivors benefits; if I have three people hooked and I finally find that damn hiding fourth person, I will commonly abandon the "smart" play of pressuring gens because I want my fourth token).

    Honestly to me, WGLF for points boosts might just need more ways to get it. Maybe make it saves/protection hits as well as popping a gen or for escaping chases. There's really no downside gameplay-wise to letting people get tokens with WGLF so any way to give the survivors ways to gain tokens I think is worth looking into.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    The only thing I don't like about WGLF is that too many people use it and then throw the game to get their own tokens. They'll make saves right in front of the killer (gotta get that save AND a protection hit!!!), they'll abandon finishing a gen about to be done to run halfway across the map to save someone when another survivor is already nearby, and just usually in general play like an idiot to get their precious tokens.

    BBQ on the other hand is just going to happen naturally through the game (or hell, it might even be for the survivors benefits; if I have three people hooked and I finally find that damn hiding fourth person, I will commonly abandon the "smart" play of pressuring gens because I want my fourth token).

    Honestly to me, WGLF for points boosts might just need more ways to get it. Maybe make it saves/protection hits as well as popping a gen or for escaping chases. There's really no downside gameplay-wise to letting people get tokens with WGLF so any way to give the survivors ways to gain tokens I think is worth looking into.

    Exactly!! I completely agree with you, and I would like to prevent this situations of people throwing the game just to get the stacks.

  • Actually I find it odd it gives you a boost to healing slugs yet not a token for picking up a dying survivor. That could and should generate a token imo

  • @ukenicky said:

    Actually I find it odd it gives you a boost to healing slugs yet not a token for picking up a dying survivor. That could and should generate a token imo

    Yes. At the very least, this should grant a Token. The thing is, there should be more ways to generate Tokens.

    As OP has said, BBQ is simply playing the game. For WGLF, you have to rush for Unhooks or take unneccessary Protection Hits. And regarding Unhooks, you compete with 2 other Survivors at this point for them.

    And yes, there are Flashlight- and Pallet-Saves, but those are really rare.

    At the very least, healing someone up from the Dying State should grant a Token (because of the synergy with the ohter effect). Maybe full Health States (16 charges) should grant Tokens as well.

  • As someone who uses both frequently I can agree BBQ stacks are easier than WGLF. There are plenty of matches where my team is doing well or the killer is playing poorly and I get no stacks. Then there are times when I get stacks right away. It's very rng. I feel the perk is fine. Protection hits used to only trigger when I took a hit while unhooking someone. Now I could be 4 feet from an injured person and if I get hit I get another stack. The bonus to healing downed teammates is a nice boost. I've recovered games that should have been 4k because of that.