NOED on low ranks

So here's the story, my friend recently bought DBD to play with me, so I was playing with him on low ranks(20-~12)

We played 54 games for now, but I'm already have some info

NOED was equipped 47 times, the rest of killers didn't even had 4 perks, so basically every killer with high level used NOED

39 killers that used NOED was camping/proxy-camping the hooked person

5 gens were repaired in 46 games

In 43 games killer kept chasing me for 5(or rest) gens, other 10 he switched, and in 1 I died.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm also asked my friend to play 15 games alone, here's some info:

NOED was equipped 14 games

5 gens were repaired only in 3 games

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know what to say, most of the time killers can't even use NOED, but they are still equipping it for some reason. While I was playing with my friend the reason 5 gens were repaired is that killer was chasing me, and my teammates actually was repairing gens because they had nothing else to do

So why, why everybody uses NOED? There's just no point

P.S I am not proud of destroying low rank killers, but I can't avoid it

Comments

  • New players don't really know about survivor rulebooks or things that people dislike. They barely get any perks from the bloodweb because they wouldn't have much and the choice is limited to killer perks which are usually bad (Take wraith for example, a free killer) and universal perks. They read description and they feel its a good perk and so they pick it. Can you really blame them for doing that? Any new killer will want to bring the best perks from what they have and what they know.

    Same goes for camping. Camping just feels natural and nowhere does it say that it's bad. If anything it's the dev's fault. New players aren't going to care if NOED is nerfed. They would know nothing about it and so they would pick the next best perk that they feel has a strong description.

  • They probably brought NOED as a pocket trump card. If they get into a situation where all of the gens are finished they have a chance to stage a comeback.


    Also at low levels they probably do not have all the perks unlocked, so they just took one that might help them.

  • Maybe it's because you often get F'ed by match making and face red ranks even if they are rank ~14?

    I think that might be a reason because i thought about putting noed back on (haven't used it since late 2018 if I'm not mistaken)

  • @LeeONE said:

    So here's the story, my friend recently bought DBD to play with me, so I was playing with him on low ranks(20-~12)

    We played 54 games for now, but I'm already have some info

    NOED was equipped 47 times, the rest of killers didn't even had 4 perks, so basically every killer with high level used NOED

    39 killers that used NOED was camping/proxy-camping the hooked person

    5 gens were repaired in 46 games

    In 43 games killer kept chasing me for 5(or rest) gens, other 10 he switched, and in 1 I died.

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

    I'm also asked my friend to play 15 games alone, here's some info:

    NOED was equipped 14 games

    5 gens were repaired only in 3 games

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

    I don't know what to say, most of the time killers can't even use NOED, but they are still equipping it for some reason. While I was playing with my friend the reason 5 gens were repaired is that killer was chasing me, and my teammates actually was repairing gens because they had nothing else to do

    So why, why everybody uses NOED? There's just no point

    P.S I am not proud of destroying low rank killers, but I can't avoid it

    Heh. You have to realize there is some info that you aren't taking into account. Newbie Killers don't have a lot of different Perk choices. NOED is one of the very first ones the Blood Web give them (remember it is Generic). Many of the generic Killer Perks aren't exactly vicious. Thus, you see Killers who don't really have much skill yet just taking the strongest Perk they can. The fact that you are destroying them isn't because they are using NOED, it is because they are just new Killers. I assure you that once Killers know the game, with or without NOED they are quite effective. But more importantly, they have a broader selection of Perks to apply and eventually gravitate to those that reinforce their personal play style strengths.

    NOED does get used in the Red Ranks too; the difference is the Killers who use it there are very calculating and have a specific reason to choose it. They aren't just taking it because the don't have something better to do. :)

  • NOED is newbie eater.

    At high ranks, NOED is practically useless.

    When you are on lower ranks, always assume there is NOED, you will live more often.

    Lower rank killers can't apply pressure and will try to cheese it out, you just have to practice how to punish them.

  • I think killers run noed so that if all gens popped, they can try to get a down or a couple to slow the endgame down if that makes sense.

  • If only there was some decent tutorial in the game am I right?

    New players don't know how to play properly. Unless they watched a lot of DBD videos and streams, they don't have any idea how to play optimally.

    They know they need 3 hooks to kill someone so logically they want to kill someone as soon as possible, or if someone is close to death, they want to ensure it by camping them. Keep in mind that they most likely think that's the best way of winning so they keep doing it until they get into higher ranks.

    Or at least to rank 10 because matchmaking in this game takes it that they are ready to face red ranked survivors and they get destroyed.

    Noed if free and available to all players since the start and its description sounds good so its understandable why would they think its actually strong perk even though its unhealthy trash.

    Same with low ranked survivors hiding and crouch walking around since they don't know any better.

    In conclusion, new players would benefit greatly from better, longer and detailed tutorials about how to play this game optimally, showing them what kind of plays are possible, looping etc