Game Punishes for Trying New Killers

First time playing Spirit. Goes against a SWF team with one being a Twitch streamer. Didn’t understand her power at all. Rank 10 against red ranks. I don’t appreciate their trial by fire way of doing things. Now I’m completely turned off from playing Spirit again. Why can’t they let us go back to low rank to try and get better with each individual killer? You are essentially starting fresh every time you pick up a new killer.

Comments

  • Thats the reason why I want the MMR-System.

  • @Xzan said:

    Thats the reason why I want the MMR-System.

    When I was doing the MMR all I got was either potato killers and survivor teammates or god tier killers etc etc. it didn’t make sense at all. So I’m worried if they implement that system, at least for me.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092154#Comment_2092154

    When I was doing the MMR all I got was either potato killers and survivor teammates or god tier killers etc etc. it didn’t make sense at all. So I’m worried if they implement that system, at least for me.

    Didnt they tell us that the System might act strange while it collects data?

    I had actually "ok" matches during the 2nd test. Not a Sweat fest and not a stomp either. But i only played a few games.

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092156#Comment_2092156

    Didnt they tell us that the System might act strange while it collects data?

    I had actually "ok" matches during the 2nd test. Not a Sweat fest and not a stomp either. But i only played a few games.

    I’m not sure. All I know everyone was saying they liked the MMR system and I hated it. It didn’t work for me at all.

  • The rank reset to only one tier was the worst decision ever. Now you will climb to red ranks, where i don't want to be, in no time. Heck, it's almost impossible to not rank up, because survivors outside of red ranks are that bad.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Right now, the only thing you can do is not getting frustrated about it. You WILL most likely lose the first matches horribly with a new killer, I mean it's just logical. I advise you going into matches with new killers with a personal goal in mind. Like instead of getting a 2k, your personal goal could be "not phasing into a wall" or something similar easy.

    With each new killer you play yore essentially a baby killer. I would prefer for killers each one has their own rank. It’s hard to get good when you’re thrown in with the professionals

  • That's one of the reasons I want the MMR system as well.

    Don't get me wrong, the test showed there are a lot of problems with it that need working- but the current system is bad and does not work; so something has to be done.

  • Skill-based matchmaking is supposedly in DbD's future, it's coming, every individual killer will have their own MMR, just wait a few more months/years/centuries and the punishment will be over. Maybe.

    Yeah, playing new killers is pain. Serious stepped-on-a-LEGO pain. As it was said above, make small goals and don't worry about killing. You're learning something new, so try to have fun and don't put a lot of pressure on yourself.

    Also, if you can, ditch lobbies if there's a TTV or YT name.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092179#Comment_2092179

    Yeah I get that, that's why I'm suggesting personal goals, so you don't get tilted in a bad match and can enjoy it in a different way, at least until mmr is here and better than ever. Maybe do some KYF rounds with new killers? I'd volunteer if you have no friends who play this game if you want haha.

    With all due respect, from all the threads you made, it seems like you get tilted easily and you should try to get rid of that. I get it, I too get frustrated sometimes, but I never let that take away my fun. My first matches as Pig were all horrible, but if I would have just given up I would have never realized she is the most fun killer to me :p

    I really like your sympathy. 💜

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092179#Comment_2092179

    Yeah I get that, that's why I'm suggesting personal goals, so you don't get tilted in a bad match and can enjoy it in a different way, at least until mmr is here and better than ever. Maybe do some KYF rounds with new killers? I'd volunteer if you have no friends who play this game if you want haha.

    With all due respect, from all the threads you made, it seems like you get tilted easily and you should try to get rid of that. I get it, I too get frustrated sometimes, but I never let that take away my fun. My first matches as Pig were all horrible, but if I would have just given up I would have never realized she is the most fun killer to me :p

    I admit I get tilted easy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092194#Comment_2092194

    And that's totally ok. The problem is it takes choices away from how you are playing. "Never playing this killer until yadayada, never taking this perk until yadayad". It's not easy to just "not get tilted" and I admit if some survivors weren't such bullies it would be easier.

    Just think "The match went horrible but that was a sick play at the killer shack from me!" Or similar stuff once in a while. Compliment yourself more and bad matches won't feel as bad.

    I don’t make sick plays. If I don’t know the power then I just M1 everyone

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092202#Comment_2092202

    That's a sick play in it of itself, not using a power but still trying to power through, especially with slower killers :P

    For example, even stuff like "I hit 1 hatchet in a match" is sick enough of you are new with huntress. Just because pro huntresses hit all hatchets in a match makes your 1 hatchet hit not any less valid.

    I guess that’s one way of looking at it. I’m not an overly optimistic person. But it is refreshing sometimes

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092208#Comment_2092208

    I guess that’s one way of looking at it. I’m not an overly optimistic person. But it is refreshing sometimes

    Don't worry man, your next games will go better.

  • I totally feel you, as a new player to the game myself I know it can feel quite punishing to try out something new on this game. But it's what Zuruas says, it's all about your mindset. Accept the fact you're not going to 4K every match when trying out a killer for the first time or third time or tenth time.


    Hell, I still go into matches with killers I'm comfortable with with the mindset of having a good chase or being able to mindgame a survivor to count as a win. Any kills I get are great and feel rewarding for sure, but I'm just happy that I can always walk away with some decent blood points and upgrade other killers/survivors.


    Just see it this way, any game you don't really get kills is a game where you successfully rebelled against the Entity. Eat my shorts Entity, you're not the boss of us.... Ooohhhh look new survivors at the campfire, I shall make you proud Entity sensei.