Incentive to help detoxify the game...

What if you can, when giving thumbs up, earn shards? So if at the end of the match you can at least reward the players who play the game that aren't toxic? 

Killer can give to the 4 survivors 

Survivors ONLY to the killer

And for every props given you share a % of the reward. 

This would help cut SWF abusing it but still incentivize folks to do it.

Although maybe this exists because I swear I've received 200k BP for rating games and giving props. 

Maybe @not_Queen or a mod can confirm if this is the case already?

Thoughts? Do you think it would help?

Edit: spelling

Comments

  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    Fortunately I don't watch streamers. I was interested in taking a look at the 'fog streamers' but if they are toxic I'll pass. 

    You do make an excellent point. Hopefully they aren't rewarding this behavior. 
  • @slingshotsurvivor said:
    Blood_Coil_Viper said:

    While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 

    Fortunately I don't watch streamers. I was interested in taking a look at the 'fog streamers' but if they are toxic I'll pass. 

    You do make an excellent point. Hopefully they aren't rewarding this behavior. 

    Check out StreamDad_

    He keeps it a no salt, no toxicity, no profanity, family friendly environment. He has a terrific channel, and is the only Streamer anywhere on Twitch that I have ever planned to reward with my subscription money.

  • Kilmeran said:

    @slingshotsurvivor said:
    Blood_Coil_Viper said:

    While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 

    Fortunately I don't watch streamers. I was interested in taking a look at the 'fog streamers' but if they are toxic I'll pass. 

    You do make an excellent point. Hopefully they aren't rewarding this behavior. 

    Check out StreamDad_

    He keeps it a no salt, no toxicity, no profanity, family friendly environment. He has a terrific channel, and is the only Streamer anywhere on Twitch that I have ever planned to reward with my subscription money.

    That's awesome! I've gotta check him out... Do I need a twitch account to watch? 
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
  • Kilmeran said:

    @slingshotsurvivor said:
    Blood_Coil_Viper said:

    While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 

    Fortunately I don't watch streamers. I was interested in taking a look at the 'fog streamers' but if they are toxic I'll pass. 

    You do make an excellent point. Hopefully they aren't rewarding this behavior. 

    Check out StreamDad_

    He keeps it a no salt, no toxicity, no profanity, family friendly environment. He has a terrific channel, and is the only Streamer anywhere on Twitch that I have ever planned to reward with my subscription money.

    That's awesome! I've gotta check him out... Do I need a twitch account to watch? 
    I recently made a Twitch account myself, but as far as I know (but I might be wrong) you don’t explicitly ‘need’ a Twitch account to watch, but if you want to use chat, sub, gift subs, give bits etc. you will need an account.
  • You underestimate the greed of people. 
    "Give me a upvote or I'll report you *****"
  • Would not work, and would not really serve a purpose anyway.
    You cannot root out abusive behaviour. And why would you want to? It's just a guy tapping ctrl, or in the worst case, typing obscenities and insults in endgame chat. Words. No actual harm done. Just learn to ignore.
  • Would not work, and would not really serve a purpose anyway.
    You cannot root out abusive behaviour. And why would you want to? It's just a guy tapping ctrl, or in the worst case, typing obscenities and insults in endgame chat. Words. No actual harm done. Just learn to ignore.


    But you can make so that it isn't as prevalent. 
  • Tsulan said:
    You underestimate the greed of people. 
    "Give me a upvote or I'll report you *****"

    Really? Gosh people really do that 🤦‍♀️... I gotta have some hope in humanity.


  • Tsulan said:
    You underestimate the greed of people. 
    "Give me a upvote or I'll report you *****"

    Really? Gosh people really do that 🤦‍♀️... I gotta have some hope in humanity.


    People did in LoL.
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
  • This content has been removed.
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
    Actually they can.. since the devs don't punish tunnelling or anything like that and they can't prove when someone specifically targeted someone or tunnelled them.. if a streamers plays in a toxic manner they deserve to be targeted. Play in a toxic way? Expect "fair" treatment in return.. 
  • Once the game recognizes you said a no no word in the endgame chat, you lose all your BP and IS.
    RIP.

  • So it'll look like this...: "######### ######### ######### thumbs up"

  • @Tsulan said:
    You underestimate the greed of people. 
    "Give me a upvote or I'll report you *****"

    you are probably right! It is sad but i could absolutely see that.

  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
    Actually they can.. since the devs don't punish tunnelling or anything like that and they can't prove when someone specifically targeted someone or tunnelled them.. if a streamers plays in a toxic manner they deserve to be targeted. Play in a toxic way? Expect "fair" treatment in return.. 
    They don't need to prove it because he's openly admitting it.
  • Thetruth said:

    @brokedownpalace said:
    xxaggieboyxx said:


    Blood_Coil_Viper said:

    While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 

    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 

    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.

    Yeah he can

    Read the rules.
  • Moriing someone all the time on purpose may seem "griefing" to some, but any serious player would shrug it off. There's so much stupid whining goes on about "toxicity" and "salt" - most of it is just that people can't take defeat. if you don't like the aftergame chat (which is usually pleasant btw), say gg and quit right away. If you have problems with being camped, tunneled, moried etc, either learn how not to be camped and tunneled and moried, or just bloody go and play some other game. And if you play killer and you feel you can't take any more teabagging, hookrushing, flashlights, bodyblocking: see above. Lord Jesus, some players are so eager to run to dev Mommy and dev Daddy instead of manning up, accept they've lost a game and move on to the next.
    Really, you play a game where a brutal and devious killer is out to brutally and deviously murder you, and when you're brutally and deviously murdered you sob about it? You know what you signed up for, don't you?
    Dbd is best when it's crazy competitive: ruthless high rank killers, organized flashlight squads and all that jazz. Get frustrated, furious, angry, and when the game's over, take a deep breath and say gg, even when (especially when) you failed miserably.
    There is no toxicity in this game. Some of you guys have no idea what real toxicity is.

  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
    Actually they can.. since the devs don't punish tunnelling or anything like that and they can't prove when someone specifically targeted someone or tunnelled them.. if a streamers plays in a toxic manner they deserve to be targeted. Play in a toxic way? Expect "fair" treatment in return.. 
    They don't need to prove it because he's openly admitting it.
    In other words survivors can play in a toxic manner but killers can't? Sounds like some rules are best ignored. 
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
    Actually they can.. since the devs don't punish tunnelling or anything like that and they can't prove when someone specifically targeted someone or tunnelled them.. if a streamers plays in a toxic manner they deserve to be targeted. Play in a toxic way? Expect "fair" treatment in return.. 
    They don't need to prove it because he's openly admitting it.
    In other words survivors can play in a toxic manner but killers can't? Sounds like some rules are best ignored. 
    "Somebody crouched, my feelings are hurt 😤😤😤😭😭😭"
  • While I get what you're saying I don't think this would help much unfortunately. If toxic content creators continue the way they are the game will stay as is. I'm not sure what the devs could do to help with the issue. 
    I Mori angry pug every time I see him because he tbags like a prick. I remember all the toxic people I play with. When I see them again I bring Mori's just for them. I tell them every time don't be toxic and you won't get Mori'd. I never use a Mori unless it's for this or a daily 
    You're basically admitting to breaking the rules. This is a bannable offense. You cannot target individual players over a series of games because you have a grudge.
    Actually they can.. since the devs don't punish tunnelling or anything like that and they can't prove when someone specifically targeted someone or tunnelled them.. if a streamers plays in a toxic manner they deserve to be targeted. Play in a toxic way? Expect "fair" treatment in return.. 
    They don't need to prove it because he's openly admitting it.
    In other words survivors can play in a toxic manner but killers can't? Sounds like some rules are best ignored. 
    "Somebody crouched, my feelings are hurt 😤😤😤😭😭😭"
    lol no I'm not saying I play like that. I'm simply saying that I don't blame people who do. I couldn't care less about people who tea bag as they often rage quit or end up dying anyway. 
  • Removing from power from survivors so they're less safe would reduce toxicity as most toxic survivors are only toxic because they can get away with so much bullshit.

  • Tbh if its briefing then yes its banable but if the target is know to.go.put there way to.be a jerk then tech them.a.lesson I say also what you.play on id love yo game against you for fun and get better
  • As soon as crouching and standing 3 times while in the killer’s line of sight activates bloodlust 3 that’ll be all the incentive needed 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    As soon as crouching and standing 3 times while in the killer’s line of sight activates bloodlust 3 that’ll be all the incentive needed 

    Bloodlust 3 is gone, and if tbagging upsets you that much maybe play the game with your eyes closed, it's really not a big deal.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    As soon as crouching and standing 3 times while in the killer’s line of sight activates bloodlust 3 that’ll be all the incentive needed 

    Bloodlust 3 is gone, and if tbagging upsets you that much maybe play the game with your eyes closed, it's really not a big deal.

    Hey, Duck, I get that you are always grumpy when a killer makes a post, but the civilized ones are talking. 

    Take your jabs and gripes with killers to the Feng Minn Appreciation Forum. 
  • The only thing I see is the system might get manipulated by people to benefit the person abusing the system

  • Or if they tebag there hit with exposed and (I have proof of this) they tebag on the hatch the hatch closes and moves (if you doubt it I can send a link if the devs are ok with it)
  • Moriing someone all the time on purpose may seem "griefing" to some, but any serious player would shrug it off. There's so much stupid whining goes on about "toxicity" and "salt" - most of it is just that people can't take defeat. if you don't like the aftergame chat (which is usually pleasant btw), say gg and quit right away. If you have problems with being camped, tunneled, moried etc, either learn how not to be camped and tunneled and moried, or just bloody go and play some other game. And if you play killer and you feel you can't take any more teabagging, hookrushing, flashlights, bodyblocking: see above. Lord Jesus, some players are so eager to run to dev Mommy and dev Daddy instead of manning up, accept they've lost a game and move on to the next.
    Really, you play a game where a brutal and devious killer is out to brutally and deviously murder you, and when you're brutally and deviously murdered you sob about it? You know what you signed up for, don't you?
    Dbd is best when it's crazy competitive: ruthless high rank killers, organized flashlight squads and all that jazz. Get frustrated, furious, angry, and when the game's over, take a deep breath and say gg, even when (especially when) you failed miserably.
    There is no toxicity in this game. Some of you guys have no idea what real toxicity is.

    Uhmmm what he said 👆❤️
  • @George_Soros said:
    There's so much stupid whining goes on about "toxicity" and "salt" - most of it is just that people can't take defeat.

    People would cry over tea-bagging or hook slapping even if they didn't lose.

    Who the hell even knows what toxic means anymore?