Why does tinkerer work for freddy but not bt?

Title.


Tinkerer removes the terror radius (includes Freddy's lullaby)

Borrowed time activates with a terror radius (does not work if the unhooker is asleep and hears the lullaby)


If Freddy's lullaby isn't a terror radius, as is the case with borrowed time, why is it a terror radius for tinkerer? It's a Clear contradiction and double standard imo

Comments

  • I am approximately 90% certain that Tinkerer doesn't remove Freddy's lullaby. Just like it doesn't remove Huntress's hum.

  • I'm pretty sure Tinkerer doesn't remove Freddy's lullaby. It's just naturally quieter than his terror radius.

  • If the lullaby doesn't appear when Freddy is Undetectable then I imagine it's because the lullaby is tied to the radius of his TR (meaning perks like M&A would decrease/increase his lullaby) and Undetectable hard sets his TR to 0.

    But I'm certain his Lullaby is just a flat radius that can't be changed.

  • @Crowman said:

    If the lullaby doesn't appear when Freddy is Undetectable then I imagine it's because the lullaby is tied to the radius of his TR (meaning perks like M&A would decrease/increase his lullaby) and Undetectable hard sets his TR to 0.

    Again, undetectable and perks like M&A don't affect Freddy's lullaby.

  • bt doesn't work because the survivor is oblivious.

    tinkerer works because if gives freddy the undetectable status effect

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I am approximately 90% certain that Tinkerer doesn't remove Freddy's lullaby. Just like it doesn't remove Huntress's hum.

    It does work with his lullaby.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090451#Comment_2090451

    Again, undetectable and perks like M&A don't affect Freddy's lullaby.

    I already edited my post, because I'm certain his lullaby can't be adjusted. Just thinking of why it might be affected by Tinkerer.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    bt doesn't work because the survivor is oblivious.

    tinkerer works because if gives freddy the undetectable status effect

    Undetectable


    Screenshot_20210408-104118_Chrome.jpg

    Disables the TERROR RADIUS. so is it a terror radius or not?

  • Folks, I'm going to repeat this yet again:

    Tinkerer DOES NOT disable Freddy's lullaby.

  • No, Freddy's Lullaby is not a Terror Radius. Just like Huntress and her lullaby. Tinkerer does not affect them.

  • never was

    @yandere777 said:

    So, it says that awake survivors hear the terror radius at 16 meters and can see freddy intermittenly from 16 to 32 meters. Does this mean perks like distressing will make his tr bigger but it wont matter since you dont hear it until the 16 meter mark? And what about perks that happen if you are in the tr? Do they work even while the survivor can't hear you since you technically have a bigger tr but they just dont hear it?

    I'm guessing tr perks also effect his lullaby since the description says survivors hear the lullaby instead of the tr while asleep.

    read the first reply

  • It shouldn't. If it does, its a bug.

  • @jester20k said:

    Title.

    Tinkerer removes the terror radius (includes Freddy's lullaby)

    Borrowed time activates with a terror radius (does not work if the unhooker is asleep and hears the lullaby)

    If Freddy's lullaby isn't a terror radius, as is the case with borrowed time, why is it a terror radius for tinkerer? It's a Clear contradiction and double standard imo

    Okay I’ll try to be short and sweet

    • If you are awake you will never hear Freddy’s lullaby
    • If you are awake and Freddy has Tinkerer or anything else TR related it will function as it would on any killers TR
    • Freddy’s lullaby I believe uses 2 dimensional diffusion which essentially means that his distance can’t be localized so good luck figuring out if he’s chasing someone 32m away or 5 feet around the corner from you while you’re asleep
    • Infectious Fright actually works with Freddy as long as the survivors close by are awake.. they will scream
    • Oblivious status in general will prevent perks like borrowed time from working like if you blind a killer that has Nemesis for example then try to unhook with BT shortly after.. BT won’t work

    I think that covered the basic gist of a few things