One thing I miss about old Doctor
It has to do with how his modes (that were scrapped for the rework) looked. Nowadays, Doctor by default is always in his "punishment" walking animation, which is him kind of hunched over holding his weapon. Although it wouldn't be practical to bring it back, I much preferred his "treatment" pose. He was much more regal and composed looking while in that pose, and it was kind of unique for him compared to other killers at the time of his release. The only thing that comes close to it now would be Plague's default walk.
You can still see a bit of what it would look like when he goes for his static shock. He'd basically be erect and holding his hand up like that all of the time.
You can go to old videos of people playing against Doctor to see what I'm talking about. And y'all thought I was gonna say "Bring back the modes!" weren't you? Late April Fools.
Comments
Honestly I kinda miss the modes (I don't miss treatment mode facecamping though). That little bit of extra execution required for Doctor to deny loops was what made him fun for me. Now that's gone and I don't really find him fun anymore, I find him way too simple and easy now. Shame.
To be honest with you, I miss the Old Doctor. I really enjoyed how unique his was and the switch between Treatment Mode and Punishment Mode was one of the things that made him fun for me. Not to mention some of his old add-ons. And now...well, I haven't even played him enough to form an opinion, but the few matches I've played were not fun at all.
I'm just glad he isn't as finicky anymore. Losing a potential hit from a good shock play at a pallet just because you released M2 0.1 seconds early and the bar cancelled.
Oh? Did you old Doctor Mains want to join us Old Freddy mains in our weekly meet n greets? We provide snacks and then reminisce about our past tribulations and triumphs.
Now that is a good idea. I would be down for Old Doctor mains to join us.
You cannot see your model when playing killer.
Though, I guess you could stand in the moonlight and admire your own shadow... while the surviors escape
The old doctor would switch into treatment mode and hold his electrified fist out in front of him but the downside was you had to hold a button to switch in between being in the punishment stance or treatment stance and you could see a difference on screen even first person
Obviously I'm talking from the survivor perspective. But there is the sentiment that "You should never buy killer cosmetics. You're just looking prettier for the survivors." But that's not a dumb goal, I think. I think looking cooler, even if you can't see it in-match is kind of the point of cosmetics in a multiplayer game, and partially the point of playing one killer over another.