Product's Trickster buff ideas
- It should only take 7 knives to injure a survivor, not 8 (make that green addon base-kit, that green addon will now make it only take 6 knives to injure a survivor)
- Main-event should not have a time limit to use the ability. (Imagine if Oni had to use his ability within 15 seconds of getting it. Having a time limit for an earned ability is simply a bad design decision that I'm surprised it made it to the release)
- Make knives ricochet by default. (Make the ricochet addon make the knives ricochet twice instead of just once)
- Survivors should have to stop running for the laceration meter to decrease (so if you lose the survivor for 5 seconds they don't magically recover)
- Remove the period of time after main-event where you can't throw regular knives (why is that even there)
- Increase movement speed during main-event ability (if the survivor isn't stuck in a vaulting/unhooking animation the ability is actually worse to use)
I feel like these buffs will make trickster less of a meme and more of a unique and powerful killer that poses an actual threat. I've played at least 20 games against trickster and have only died in 3 of them, and they only 4k'd in 1 of those games (all solo queue games in red ranks as well)
Comments
I honestly feel like the laceration meter shouldn't go down at all. It is so hard to commit all 8 knives in one single chase and it just takes too long. It's very unfair how Ghostface as a 4.6 killer can 99% stalks but Trickster can't do that as a 4.4 killer with a way worse ability.
I agree with this idea, unless maybe it should go down but VERY slowly (like 1 knife every 30 seconds). So you aren't just trapped at 7 knives. Because even thought ghost face can 99% you he still needs his Night Shroud ability to be recharged to be able to finish the stalk.
I think laceration should go up with time, like plaue's intoxication. It doesn't make sence how this cuts getting healed by itself while survivor running and vaulting losing blood. And it should go up to full meter, when you need to throw 1 more blade to injure survivor.
I think its because they wanted to make him somewhat unique from plague, whereas her ability makes survivor gain infection over-time, Trickster's goes down over-time. (which in retrospect was a terrible idea lmao)
And survivors should probably manually get rid of knves when laceration meter is filled. For 8 seconds of animation for example. Like some sort of mending. It will give this killer a time he need. Currently he has no pressure. His power require a lot of time to take one health state.
Survivors should have to perform an action to remove laceration. Kind of like mending, only not required.
Great suggestions. These seem well thought out.
First off, I like what you are going for. I appreciate you not simply regurgitating the fact that he is bad, you are putting good and helpful ideas forward.
However, I do not think these will work. Here's why:
Trickster is in a bit of an awkward place, very similar to Legion and Mettle of Man. The issue with both of the aforementioned things is that if you buff them, they can EASILY become extremely overbearing and unfun because of how powerful their effects are, hence why both Old Legion and Old MoM were absolutely eviscerated by nerfs.
Trickster is in a similar spot, I feel. With how fast his knives are thrown and how many he has, by reducing the amount of knives needed to down someone, you could easily get a situation similar to Old Legion, and nobody wants that to happen.
He is absolutely 100% pathetically weak, but buffing him isn't so simple. He really needs a redesign imo, but maybe the Devs can work some magic with him.
That’s a good point. The laceration meter at the moment just goes down too fast. The power just isn’t good enough to have that harsh of a penalty.
That might be okay, but I see that being a little too oppressive for the survivor side. I think the blades need to be a little less accurate to compensate. I could be wrong though.
Probably most annoying thing that his knives doesn't interrupt actions. Survivors don't take you seriously. You can machinegun survivor's back while he finishing gen.
Correct. But tnose buffs aren't really going to improve him enough to get him off the bottom of the barrel and we can't buff him much more than this without a Legion 1.0 scenario