Killers Need A Swf Visual Cue
I just get sick of being at rank 6 and getting nothing but swf matches. Since i can't rank reset and don't feel like making a 2nd account for fun games. There isn't a perkless mode out there either yet. I just think swf should be grouped by campfire closer together. Cause im at the point of asking people if there swf and if get no response don't ready up and leave. I don't like being teabagged as killer cause very unimmersive. I would even put on a pointless perk to stop crouching while in a chase. Insidious facecamping could work but that playstyle makes me sick. Swf just really make me hate this game i love.
I just have no solution i would like out there. How do you deal personally with swf?
Comments
It's in how they appear at the camp fire.
Every person that appears simultaneously is in an swf.
Non swf players will appear farther apart.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
As a solo-queuing survivor, I would also want this feature.
I sometimes join a lobby at the same time as one or two others, despite not being in a SWF group with them, and the killer immediately backs out.
Pokemon GO has a feature to tell who you are friends with when raiding (the glowing lines around the person). DBD could have something similar to indicate a SWF group.
I'm on the fence about this.
On one hand, this game was not balanced with SWF in mind and it's plain as day. Hell, some perks just outright don't work when voice com is factored in.
On the other hand, this game probably would not have survived as long as it has without SWF. Watching casuals play SWF (who only want to play some games with their friends) then watching high ranked survivors in SWF who actually know what they're doing is night-and-day. A completely different game. An indicator would likely result in a metric ton of dodges by Killers, which would be off-putting to both new comers and veterans. You would see a hell of a lot more deranking by survivors to get paired with Killers who aren't in-the-know of the cancer that is SWF... thus making it even more off-putting to new Killers.
I think the solution would be to give in-game voice chat to all survivors by default then buff the killers to balance around it. SWF isn't going anywhere and this game can never be properly balanced until voice chat is factored in to the decision making.
so you can just run away from every lobby with one and make it to where playing with friends isnt fun? sure this can be added when we can see the killer, killer add-ons, and the killers offering.
Huge false equivalency and not conducive to the conversation. No one is asking to see the survivor's item quality, add-ons, and offerings. If you'd like to make that argument then please make your own thread as it has nothing to do with this one.
You can actually reset your rank. It is called deranking and can be done via DCing or by afking.
Even several fogstreamers that are supported by BHVR do it regularly, so dont be afraid to get banned
Personally, I derank now too. I dont see a reason why not to do it as long as the game is not balanced around high ranks
Honestly, I think that would be worse for killers. Now most any rando group can talk, and anyone with any amount of savvy would just use a source outside the game for voice chat.
Maybe you might get a few honest people who would use in game chat, and might grab a few newbies that don't understand the game mechanics, but most will probably just discord, or skype, or use the phone, or use console party chat, etc.
A kill with friends 2 vs 8 mode would be interesting, though.
i agree that they should show who is in a SWF group and who is not. make like a little headset symbol in red next to their name, if they are in a SWF group and if there is 2 groups, make the other groups headset symbol blue. there you go. now we can tell who is playing with whom.
I hate it! Lol. I always play solo when survivor and the game drops out all the time, I spend more time readying up then I do playing because players disconnect as killer all the time. >.<
I’m seriously this close to not playing survivor anymore because games never start.
I'd love this.
Seems legit to me, Playing against SWF usually isn't fun for a killer. We should just go in and take the pounding from your group and have a crap time of it so you can play on easy mode? Not really. I'll continue to dodge SWF until some kind of balance comes into the mix.
To be clear, I'd rather see balance. I'd love it SWF games could be fun for both sides. As it is right now, once in a long while I'll find a non Toxic SWF who plays decently, but most of the time its people just looking to stomp the killer and have an easy mode game. And half the time they'll open the exits and waste time as long as They can until I chase them out or they jump in the hatch.
Not fun at all. So I dodge.
When you derank by afking, equip rancor (noed will get cleansed), then check the game after 10-15 minutes and if they are still tbagging in front of your face, pretend to be afk a bit longer, identify the obsession and mori him.
Usually the others are so scared after this that they leave too, sometimes you have to chase them out.
Oh and bring fanklins too, usually survivors want to keep their items so they dont troll you that long if you have franklins.
Of course, you can derank by DCing too which is a lot faster. Jendenise (one of the fog streamers supported by bhvr) does that for example and cahlaflour - another fog streamer - deranks too (not sure whether by DCing though), so you dont need to worry, devs actually support the idea of deranking
most killers put on ebony mori or will put on ultra rare add-ons if they think they are going against swf. also what i sugested had something to with this thread because i said that it would have to be added before this thing was added so stop being toxic and just accept the fact that you will never truly know if your going against a swf group
I think you need to re-examine your definition of "most" because "most" killers don't have ebony moris to spare on every SWF game because 1) that's 7k bloodpoints down the drain for the mori alone 2) even pretending one shows up on every level 50+ bloodweb that's another 40k~, and 3) unlike survivors, killers do not get to keep their ultra-rare addons after the game regardless of how well they played. You'd have maybe realized this if you put a few hours into Killer or simply tried to look at the situation from both perspectives.
Furthermore, if you'd just took a minute to glance at the post directly above your original reply you'd have realized that I'm against an indicator for SWF groups. But perhaps you're just intentionally misrepresenting my argument? It honestly would not surprise me at this point.