Trickster console auto aim doesn't work

When playing The Trickster in console, throwing knifes is a nightmare. Because the aiming moves on its own and doesn't let you actually aim for yourself to throw the knifes where you want them to. Basically the whole camera and the aiming keeps moving when trying to aim and its annoying that your can't throw where you intend to because the aiming moves on its own for no reason. A solution for this would be to remove the auto aim in the trickster for consoles or make it more accurate.

Comments

  • Its not supposed to be auto aim, it's recoil, with its intention being that the camera moves while you try to land his blades.

  • Fairly certain there is no auto aim on console. Huntress and Slinger never had it either iirc. "Version Parity" is the excuse. Yet they allow M+KM Huntresses to play against console players.

  • As others have said, there is no aim assist on Console.

    What you are experiencing is Trickster's nonsensical recoil.

  • There's no kind of autoaim or aim assist for ranged attacks in this game, only basic lunges, it's recoil that's messing your aim up (Yes there's a recoil when you throw knives with The Trickster and I wish I was joking). It shouldn't be a thing, maybe it'll get changed when they decide they enough data in a few months time to make the changes we've been suggesting for weeks on end but honestly who knows anymore, I've given up hope.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Fairly certain there is no auto aim on console. Huntress and Slinger never had it either iirc. "Version Parity" is the excuse. Yet they allow M+KM Huntresses to play against console players.

    It's not much of an issue that PC Huntresses/Deathslingers/Nurses etc are playing against console survivors, because the benefit of keyboard and mouse for survivor doesn't give you much of an edge over controller survivor. They're about the same.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075528#Comment_2075528

    It's not much of an issue that PC Huntresses/Deathslingers/Nurses etc are playing against console survivors, because the benefit of keyboard and mouse for survivor doesn't give you much of an edge over controller survivor. They're about the same.

    As someone who switched from console to pc my looping abilities and overall performance almost doubled thanks to significantly easier camera control when it comes to loops.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075602#Comment_2075602

    As someone who switched from console to pc my looping abilities and overall performance almost doubled thanks to significantly easier camera control when it comes to loops.

    FPS helps a ton i am guessing too

  • Yeah, I originally planned on playing both as there were no cross saves but I just couldn't go back. Honestly its sad that bhvr just got away with lying for years about optimisation coming. Did they ever even fix SLoppy butcher or noed just freezing the game mid chase for a second?

    I feel bad for my console brothers that don't have the money or space for a desk/pc. As it basically made it feel like an all new game to me.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075687#Comment_2075687

    Yeah, I originally planned on playing both as there were no cross saves but I just couldn't go back. Honestly its sad that bhvr just got away with lying for years about optimisation coming. Did they ever even fix SLoppy butcher or noed just freezing the game mid chase for a second?

    I feel bad for my console brothers that don't have the money or space for a desk/pc. As it basically made it feel like an all new game to me.

    Was playing a game on spirits map as trickster and i was walking when fps dropped to zero and i ended up looking the complete opposite direction. Nothing happened in game. No generator popped. No unhooks. No chases. No totem breaking.

    Ive noticed this a bunch lately across different killers and survivors and different maps. The one i described being the most recent.

    Xbox one. Hopefully getting the series x will fix this

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075528#Comment_2075528

    In a game where everyone has a consistent, gigantic pill hitbox it's not really necessary. What they need to do is improve the response curve so fine aiming isn't as dull, and the transition between fine aim and fast turning is smoother. Plus give us a deadzone option.

    I took them 3 years just to double the sensitivity.

    I would be surpised to see those options before the 10th anniversary lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075716#Comment_2075716

    Yeah I'm not betting on it. There're a lot of killers that don't really need it so it's not the worst thing in the world. But man I'd love to play aim-dependent killers without feeling like I'm playing a PS2 game.

    I would already be happy for a Blight fix honestly.

    Hope your thread will help them fixing this issue soon

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075752#Comment_2075752

    Yeah if they're looking at patching the J-flick I'm hoping so too. Until then there is only pain. Can't even end fury Bubba it up because of bugs. Sad days in the kingdom.

    Ugh,the spirit fury bug is THE worst.It was my favourite combo on almost any killer i play,but now i guess i have to play enduring and brutal strength instead until it gets fixed :(